Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2015, 06:00 PM

1,365 posts, read 1,012,654 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriz Brown View Post
What part of "the metro area is huge" did you miss? The metro area has been huge for a very long time. It doesn't matter if its NOVA or Bethesda.. these areas are still part of the "DC area". But like I said.. people are obsessed with defining the entire area by the borders of downtown DC which makes no sense to me.

And everything in DC is not devoted to Government. You sound like someone who learned everything you know about DC from movies and TV shows.
I didn't miss that. I should have been more clear when I said "DC" I meant the metropolitan area of DC. I know that it's huge now, but it is still not nor has it ever been NYC huge.

I'm not sure where you're getting your fact that DC is not devoted to Government, lol. What other industry is there in DC? Lots of factories or coal mining or manufacturing that I'm not aware of?

Old 11-21-2015, 08:47 PM

417 posts, read 592,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVEN 1 View Post
What does it say about the people? I would first like to know how many DC natives have commented on this thread cause
they are the ones with the roots, not some transplant from dust bowl Idaho who was raised on a potato farm. I'm originally from NY and the hipster transplant pretty much killed any traditions NY ever had, how many neighborhood businesses are still left, those idiots get excited over a Starbucks, smh.

Anyways for the real folks of DC I would like to know what is it really like to find a date in DC? If you're a Metro bus mechanic you cant find a girl? DC has no real people?
Steven 1, you are asking a man about finding dates in DC. It is easy for a man to get a woman in DC. The odds are in their favor. Ask a woman in DC about men. Most men in DMV that are online dating sites are married. It is an awful place for a woman to meet a decent man especially if you are a "good" girl. Most men in DC have relations on the first date and some don't even take you out on a date or even pay. The woman has to pay. Women that sleep with men the first or second time they meet up with a guy are ruining it for the rest of us because men just expect it especially in DC where there are so few eligible bachelors so women will do anything for a man.

Old 11-22-2015, 04:48 AM

814 posts, read 908,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffy1 View Post
Steven 1, you are asking a man about finding dates in DC. It is easy for a man to get a woman in DC. The odds are in their favor. Ask a woman in DC about men. Most men in DMV that are online dating sites are married. It is an awful place for a woman to meet a decent man especially if you are a "good" girl. Most men in DC have relations on the first date and some don't even take you out on a date or even pay. The woman has to pay. Women that sleep with men the first or second time they meet up with a guy are ruining it for the rest of us because men just expect it especially in DC where there are so few eligible bachelors so women will do anything for a man.
Women who are that easy are called whores, I'm a straight white male with a good income and wouldnt expect sex on a first date, if someone were that easy it means she plays around, would most likely cheat on you, and is not wife material.

However Muffy 1 I would like the perspective from real DC residents on dating because based on this thread electricians, police officers, school teachers, mechanics, paramedics, blue-collar professional type jobs are considered not good enough and if you dont have a phd then nobody will date you.

What about the women who may have less then a graduate degree, what if you met a beautiful girl that was a store manager of Harris Teeter, would you not date her because she didnt graduate from Columbia? What if she got a mangement degree from Mary Washington? What if she did it old school and worked herself into management from the ground up?

You folks are still single because you're too stuck on yourselves, you are more concerned about degrees and job titles then you are about creating happiness with someone. The problem is you're trying to date somebody exactly like you.

Old 11-22-2015, 10:38 AM

2,492 posts, read 3,022,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afdinatl View Post
True but for every homosexual man and man in jail we have to deal with lesbian women, crazy women, women who bring nothing to the table but expect everything to be handed to them, woman that cant even boil a hotdog correctly, women with too many kids, too many tattoos, too many previous sex partners, etc so lets not act like this is one sided
I'm aware this post is a couple months old but the sentiment is often expressed on these forums in almost every city, so I gotta ask. Why does a woman's previous number of sexual partners determine her desirability? Do grown men really still ask how many partners someone has had? I can see that in HS or maybe even college,because some are worried about being inexperienced and are looking to size up their competition. But just why is that important to a man or woman in their forties? Honestly I stopped counting by my late twenties. Keeping a tally of partners seems ridiculous at this point in my life. I can't imagine what someone could deduce amount my appropriateness as a partner based on a numerical categorization. Does 4 too many or 6 too few really make a difference? Smh...

Edited: Oh and the person who stated about all the attractive women in Raleigh NC. Thanks for the compliment.

Last edited by cyn7cyn; 11-22-2015 at 11:04 AM..

Old 11-22-2015, 11:22 AM

1,881 posts, read 1,479,026 times
Quote:
And everything in DC is not devoted to Government. You sound like someone who learned everything you know about DC from movies and TV shows.
You mean it's not like Kevin Costner and Sean Young in No Way Out when he tells the driver "show us the Monuments?" Rats.

Old 11-22-2015, 12:26 PM

2,685 posts, read 2,515,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangokiwi View Post
I didn't miss that. I should have been more clear when I said "DC" I meant the metropolitan area of DC. I know that it's huge now, but it is still not nor has it ever been NYC huge.

I'm not sure where you're getting your fact that DC is not devoted to Government, lol. What other industry is there in DC? Lots of factories or coal mining or manufacturing that I'm not aware of?
What is wrong with you? I never said the DC area is the size of the NYC area (no area in the U.S. besides LA is) and I never said DC is not devoted at all to Government.

I said everything in DC is not devoted to Government. Which is true. Here is a list of non-Government industries in DC:

-Law/legal
-Restaurant
-Hospitality
-Construction
-Architecture
-Tourism
-Retail
-Printing
-Medicine
-Technology
-Education

There are lots and lots of people in DC that don't work for the Government or have anything to do with the Government, including me. Again, you sound like someone who learned everything you know about DC from movies and TV shows.

Old 11-22-2015, 12:31 PM

2,685 posts, read 2,515,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffy1 View Post
In other words.. men in DC don't act like its still 1950.

That must really suck.

Old 11-22-2015, 02:35 PM

814 posts, read 908,545 times
Quote:
What is wrong with you? I never said the DC area is the size of the NYC area (no area in the U.S. besides LA is) and I never said DC is not devoted at all to Government.

I said everything in DC is not devoted to Government. Which is true. Here is a list of non-Government industries in DC:

-Law/legal
-Restaurant
-Hospitality
-Construction
-Architecture
-Tourism
-Retail
-Printing
-Medicine
-Technology
-Education

There are lots and lots of people in DC that don't work for the Government or have anything to do with the Government, including me. Again, you sound like someone who learned everything you know about DC from movies and TV shows.
Good post. When I got out of the service I looked into contracting and such but after research I found how unstable defense and other government related contracting jobs could be. I looked into an entrylevel assembly job with Lockheed Martin once, and it was lay off city.

I went into private sector and never collected unemployment, survived the financial crisis of 2008, bought a house, have had brand new cars, and so on, never needed a government job, served my country, discharged honorably, moved on to different things.

Old 11-22-2015, 04:07 PM

Due to all the promiscuity in DMV

Page Not Found . DCist

Old 11-22-2015, 07:49 PM

Sorry the link did not copy correctly:

Report: D.C. Has One Of The Highest STD Rates In The Country

Report: D.C. Has One Of The Highest STD Rates In The Country: DCist
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

View detailed profiles of: