Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2016, 06:44 AM

2,846 posts, read 2,969,008 times

Advertisements

And this is what we have to deal with. And Muffy1- even if this was you, no matter how good looking this person is, she is ugly within. To be self proclaimed "educated" is bad energy all the way. It has nothing to do with her being educated- but men also feel energy and this energy is masculine (nothing to do with male vs female) We are talking about the unbalance of energy.

Just look how she pulls out her stats. She is a drone. You can't hang out with these people unless you are willing to sit there and exchange stats with her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zK66RHCQQc

Old 01-14-2016, 11:06 AM

2,846 posts, read 2,969,008 times
Here is a dynamic that many people don’t really think about. For those that are not from a privileged, well spoken, intellectual background, they can work their way up to living around those of a higher social status. Put it easier- those that don't have a college degree. For example, someone from the Bronx without a degree can work their way up to living in DC and prosper. Those that are from a higher social status, that have had a course in sight, lived in well-to-do neighborhoods, no diverstity, and that have been exposed to a certain type of social intellect most of their lives, find it hard to step down to the lower class levels. This is why many DC classists will say they don’t want lower income peeps living with them in the same buildings. Some have even said this here on C-D. Others have even acknowledged that they are classists themselves.

For example- those that grew up in Herndon or Arlington will find it difficult to relate to the “cats” and ruggedness of b-more when it comes to art, dance, music, and other non-academic areas UNLESS they are willing to look, act, and dress the part as some do but not many. The non-intellectual types that step up are more dynamic because they can float between their “back on the block peers” but at the same time hold their own with in-depth social issues in professional settings. You find this often in places like NY and California where it isn’t hard to find a corporate manager acting a fool on the weekends dabbing in film, sports, and other social areas. But what you find in DC, because it is so highly concentrated of both the same type of privileged and elite women and men, there is no culture-social diversity.

There is no escaping it. It sucks for men as it is for women- especially for those that come from more of a dynamic background wanting more than being around self-proclaimed “educated” men and women with no car and priding themselves on living with roommates. It’s not undermining DC but explaining the dynamics. But, the elite, because they aren’t as dynamic, will feel offended and ask why is it that I question the fact that DC is so elite. In reality, I have acknowledged that but they haven’t acknowledged that the only conversation they can hold is about stats, politics, and the economy.

You have to understand the dynamics before you start pointing fingers. If you really think about it and it's not even that hard, read all the threads on this section and there isn't anything interesting beyond topics on economy, zoning, politics, and living quarters. There isn't much beyond that because there isn't anything that can be offered. You normally get a drift from conversations and people aren't afraid to give life examples- but here, you don't see it. You don't know where anyone is from or anything about them because the topics are restricted to a few topics.

All of this plays a roll in dating. It's not all about men can't find or women are this, that, and a third.

Old 01-15-2016, 10:39 AM

808 posts, read 1,678,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
The point that I am trying to make is that "easy" is very subjective and limited to those that jive with DC. This goes for BOTH MEN AND WOMEN. People are not just about looks. I don't care how good you look or what kind of job you have, if you don't relate on a deep and cultural level, you will not last long. This is why all these ethnic/racial groups assimilate with their own. It's starts off with features then it goes down to culture and deeper than that into social demographic. You hang out in places where like minded hang out. I wouldn't hang out with most of the people on DC C-D (except a few cool cats) because to me and based on my OWN personal experience, its either that you don't know whether they are coming or going, you think they male but turns out they are the female and vice versa , miserable, self absorbed, classist people that only talk about the economy, finance, history, and city structural zoning. There is a lot of unbalanced masculine/feminie energy in this city because everyone is fighting for the top. This is what I do all day every day in various social settings- from sports, nightlife, law enforcement, healthcare, federal, military, I belong to each and every one of these groups. I think I have a good grasp on social dynamic.

And when you go out, and I am out every weeked, along with my 9-5, there is no escaping this only when I venture out a bit further south. But still, you still feel the DC energy because everyone works in the city.

This is what dudes have to deal with. She says: "it's hard to take somebody seriously when the farthest they've been is Puerto Rico".. Yeah, this is classist/douchey behavior than most men don't want to deal with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFz4QY1hb_A
Yes.

Yes this a million times. People in DC can be obnoxious with the classism. It really drives you crazy, and despite growing up in the area, I can't stay here. The people are the worst.

Old 01-16-2016, 11:40 AM

2,685 posts, read 2,520,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
And this is what we have to deal with. And Muffy1- even if this was you, no matter how good looking this person is, she is ugly within. To be self proclaimed "educated" is bad energy all the way. It has nothing to do with her being educated- but men also feel energy and this energy is masculine (nothing to do with male vs female) We are talking about the unbalance of energy.

Just look how she pulls out her stats. She is a drone. You can't hang out with these people unless you are willing to sit there and exchange stats with her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zK66RHCQQc
I agree.

These women can cry me a river. There is nothing more annoying than people who blame outside factors for all their problems.. YET are not willing to change or improve anything about themselves. I just can't respect these people.

If you're losing in one area of life.. its not because the world is against you.. its because there is something wrong with you. Simple.

Old 01-16-2016, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnownUnknown View Post
Yes.

Yes this a million times. People in DC can be obnoxious with the classism. It really drives you crazy, and despite growing up in the area, I can't stay here. The people are the worst.
The woman in this video can look forward to spending her "golden years" living with 10 cats.

Old 01-16-2016, 07:54 PM

417 posts, read 593,966 times
Y'all are upset because she wouldn't date any of you even though DC doesn't have many single, straight men!!

Old 01-16-2016, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffy1 View Post
Y'all are upset because she wouldn't date any of you even though DC doesn't have many single, straight men!!
You're the only one in this thread who is "upset". I think that's pretty obvious lol.

Old 01-16-2016, 11:35 PM

1,881 posts, read 1,482,455 times
There are more college-educated young women than college-educated young men in the United States, period. If she's hung up on that, she'll have issues. However, I've only dated one man in D.C. who hadn't gone to college by the time I met him. He did eventually go, and go on to law school. He's a cop. I'm in my late 40s, though. There are more women in college than men these days, so if college is a requirement, it's going to be a problem for her.

Old 01-16-2016, 11:40 PM

1,881 posts, read 1,482,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffy1 View Post
The point I am making is, it is really easy for guys to find someone in DC because the ratio is so skewed. Guys in DC think they are awesome but they get so many dates because of the skewed ratio. If there were equal numbers of females and males the majority wouldn't get so many dates or married and be OLD sites looking for side kicks and I hate to say this but a lot of women in DC know they are dating married men and a lot of their wives know these guys are cheating on them but women stay because they have no options. There are just so few decent men. If there were more men than women you wouldn't see guys complaining how all the women they meet have issues because they know there options are limited. I know what I am saying will make people upset but the numbers don't lie and neither does biology.
The only point you're making is that you have a brutally negative mindset. You're just not speaking my reality in the slightest.

Old 01-17-2016, 01:32 AM

814 posts, read 910,931 times
Some fear going back to school due to it's costs, graduating college in todays world guarantees debt but does not guarantee a good paying job to pay back that debt, also the US Government will offer you a job with a degree in basket weaving, some DC workers arent all that special, they make what they do because its a fed job, the liberal arts degree dont mean much in the real world.

I think this area is wonderful, love visiting DC, taking the grandson to the National Zoo, Orioles game at Camden Yards, museums, mountains, wineries, lakes, restaurants, theaters, shopping options, towns with actual Main Streets.

All these things to do between Charlottesville and DC, not to mention the other areas of DC, Maryland, or Virginia, all these places to take a date, all the options the DMV has to offer, and ya'll still cant find a date?

Sorry but the problem is you, not the area
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
View detailed profiles of: