Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2015, 11:35 PM

37 posts, read 41,925 times

Advertisements

Well, I understand Georgetown in a day was much like Anacostia is today. But look how far Georgetown has come. There is much hope for Anacostia is my opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2015, 10:40 AM

2,044 posts, read 2,961,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyattsville_2014 View Post
Why make them Prince George's County problem? Make a place for them in D.C. itself. No need in destroying Prince George's County which has been experiencing decreasing crime, school improvements, more amenities, etc. D.C. keep the hoodrats!
Nope, sorry. We should not be warehousing the criminal elements in our nations capital. I would say get them out of the DC area in general, they don't belong here. Maybe we should ship these folks to Detroit or St. Louis, to push them as far away from the capital as possible.

Old 12-12-2015, 12:24 PM

2,685 posts, read 2,522,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyattsville_2014 View Post
Why make them Prince George's County problem? Make a place for them in D.C. itself. No need in destroying Prince George's County which has been experiencing decreasing crime, school improvements, more amenities, etc. D.C. keep the hoodrats!
No one should have to keep the hoodrats in my opinion. I say let them go where they can afford to live. If they get priced out of DC too bad.

Baltimore is probably the ideal location for them.

Its interesting how lately DC has no tolerance at all for hoodrats. Last week on the Metro this crazy hoodrat was walking around on the train cursing and saying offensive things. It only took about 3 stops before metro police entered the train and removed him. In NYC people would of just ignored him and he would of stayed on the train as long as he wanted. Not in the "new" DC.

Old 12-12-2015, 02:34 PM

1,261 posts, read 694,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriz Brown View Post
The vast majority of DC's bad neighborhoods are being gentrified and gentrification has already started in the worst part of DC over the river where the city got its old "murder capital" name from.

But a large number of poor people over the river have already been removed to make room for new development. Public housing standards in areas with new development have also been changed so that "low income" means people making around 50K. In other words.. they are making sure the original residents they are removing have no way of coming back.

How long do you think it will be before the Anacostia area becomes as safe, desirable and high income as Dupont? 3 years? 5 years? 10 years?

https://www.youtube.co/watch?v=OoUGFprcgaI
Only a major recession can stop it.....I'd say, within Ten years considering what is happening at the Navy yard, Wharf, etc.

Old 12-12-2015, 09:47 PM

857 posts, read 1,201,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DistrictSonic View Post
Nope, sorry. We should not be warehousing the criminal elements in our nations capital. I would say get them out of the DC area in general, they don't belong here. Maybe we should ship these folks to Detroit or St. Louis, to push them as far away from the capital as possible.

ironically theres people like you in detroit and st louis who would say the same things......u cant get rid of or completely hide poor people........although your fantasy of making DC like san francisco will probably come true....

Old 12-13-2015, 06:19 AM

1,261 posts, read 694,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooter2219 View Post
ironically theres people like you in detroit and st louis who would say the same things......u cant get rid of or completely hide poor people........although your fantasy of making DC like san francisco will probably come true....
Even San Francisco has some bad areas.....

Old 12-18-2015, 08:03 PM

1,641 posts, read 2,754,213 times
I mean, that's our Brooklyn, right? I think maybe 20 years?

Old 12-20-2015, 12:48 PM

2,685 posts, read 2,522,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plokivos View Post
I mean, that's our Brooklyn, right? I think maybe 20 years?
I would agree. 20 years at the most, 10 years at the least.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
View detailed profiles of: