U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2008, 06:16 PM

2 posts, read 44,196 times

Advertisements

I was wondering if anyone could tell me if there is a marc train monthly pass that I could use to travel from DC to baltimore everyday and if so, how much does it cost? Thanks!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2008, 09:37 PM

19,183 posts, read 29,860,426 times
The MARC Rail homepage is here...

MARC TRAIN PAGE

Lots of info. They have both weekly and monthly passes. You can get info on connecting from MARC to bus, light-rail, or subway service in Baltimore from MDOT here...

MDOT Customer Service Center

Information on the DC Metro system (bus and rail) can be found here...

DC Metro homepage

Hope that helps...

Old 09-15-2008, 12:06 PM

1 posts, read 26,992 times
Default commuter train Middletown, DE to DC

Could anyone tell me if this is possible and where does it leave from in Middletown? The info on the net has been pretty sketchy and could be because Middletown is still developing. Any info appreciated.

Thanks,

Sue

Old 04-25-2011, 02:15 PM

1 posts, read 19,790 times
I saw you posted in 2008, and in 2011, Marc Train site still fail to tell how much is it for a monthly and weekly pass, except for the ride through some WV stops. It's just incredible, this is just the quality of service at the US capital area!

Old 04-25-2011, 02:43 PM

4,036 posts, read 8,638,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsusan View Post
Could anyone tell me if this is possible and where does it leave from in Middletown? The info on the net has been pretty sketchy and could be because Middletown is still developing. Any info appreciated.

Thanks,

Sue
I have family on my stepdad's side in Middletown it seemed like a nice and quiet little town, way cheaper than DC. I don't recall even seeing a train station there though. So I'm going to say no to commuting options except for driving. Would you really want to do that to and from DC though? Middletown is cheaper but not worth the hell-on-earth commute that you'd have to endure to get to DC every day. Its not even considered a remote suburb of DC or even Baltimore.

Well those are my 2 pennies. I wouldn't buy a house and commute to DC from Middletown no way no how. With that said I still wish you the best of luck Sue.

Oh I see that this is a post that's 3 years old.

Old 04-25-2011, 02:47 PM

4,036 posts, read 8,638,580 times
Actually the fare price is on the website Penn Conversion Table (http://mta.maryland.gov/services/marc/pennconversiontable.cfm - broken link)
$80 monthly

Old 11-26-2011, 09:19 PM

16,207 posts, read 39,536,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrence81 View Post
Actually the fare price is on the website Penn Conversion Table (http://mta.maryland.gov/services/marc/pennconversiontable.cfm - broken link)
$80 monthly
$80/month is reasonable. I guess that's unlimited usage, regardless of where a person commutes from?

Old 11-29-2011, 01:31 PM

866 posts, read 2,455,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
$80/month is reasonable. I guess that's unlimited usage, regardless of where a person commutes from?
That's not correct. Be sure you're reading the conversion table correctly. The monthly pass from Baltimore is $175. From BWI it's $150. I believe you multiply each of the numbers in that chart by 25 to get the monthly fare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC