U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 10:09 PM

6 posts, read 35,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarksonknight View Post
Yeah Jenkins Row was the nail in the condo-coffin for me. I can't stomach the escalation of condo fees in this area, so I've since turned my interests to saving up for a house that has maintenance costs instead of condo fees. At least I have some control over those costs! Good luck with Jenkins Row though, it sounds like you're on the right track with your research.
Thanks. It's not a done deal though. I still can't shake the feeling I'm missing something, even after 2 months of looking around.

And yeah the condo fees in the area are hard to stomach but seem to come with the turf. Some of the older places I looked at out in Arlington had these $400+ fees and they had absolutely nothing to show for them. One complex was having current owners take on the cost of carrying 2 unsold units in their condo fees and promised they would go down by $60 once those were sold. Gee thanks... I knew I was in for it when the first thing I did was start calling lenders and they just assumed a $350 condo fee off the bat in their estimates.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2010, 03:36 PM

1 posts, read 1,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctishue View Post
I'm considering buying a 1 bedroom condo at Jenkin's Row (1391 Pennsylvania Ave SE), and I'm wondering what people's opinions of the area are for now and the future in terms of safety and investment. I really like the complex and the fact that it has the Harris Teeter on the ground floor plus garage parking.

I've read differing opinions on the area and when I've visited there myself it seemed perfectly fine, albeit both times were during the daylight hours. Google mapping all the surrounding blocks using google street view revealed nothing jarring (although looks can be deceiving I suppose).

I work on Capitol Hill so the commute would be great. I just want to get some other opinions on the area. If anyone has a suggestion for a similar place they'd recommend more, have at it! And thanks in advance for any advice!
It is very safe and comfortable specially with Harris teeter

Old 03-02-2010, 02:16 PM

3 posts, read 7,002 times
Area is still pretty rough - Potomac Gardens is next to Jenkins Row. Not too bad during the daytime though. Trusty's is across the street.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC