Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2009, 08:11 PM

1,795 posts, read 3,627,710 times

Advertisements

I'm currently working in MD and I would like to move to DC. I've done quite a bit of research and have been into the city many times and I love DuPont Circle and Chinatown. Are these good area for young professionals to live? I've also been looking online for apartments and it appears to be very difficult to find a studio for less that $1,500 in DC. Does anyone know of any apartment building in these areas that are under $1,500?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2009, 12:16 AM

6,358 posts, read 5,053,234 times
i would suggest you check out the neighborhood near the national cathedral. its not exactly party central, but not far from M Street in Georgetown (which is just a couple miles south on Wisconsin), and a short car ride down massachusetts avenue to DuPont Circle.

im sorry, i think chinatown just sucks. i had a friend whose car was broken into there (yes, i know that happens in a lot of places, but read on...), the rats are like a plague at times, and the air quality is nasty from automobile traffic. i always thought there were a lot of *******s there, usually being people who moved through the area for their personal business, and took metro to get to where they live....but then again, its a happening place where lots of young people convene. please note: IT HAS A FUDDRUCKERS! (and thats a good thing).

dupont circle is a great place that i think you might be happy in (based on your research and "love" of that place).

where in maryland is your job? if in PG county, heck, chinatown is just a block or two to route 50. if up in montgomery, dupont wins, in my estimation (connecticut ave north, or the rock creek parkway/beech road).

good luck on your decision!

Old 10-19-2009, 07:20 AM

3,301 posts, read 11,715,221 times
Try parts of Adams Morgan, Mt Pleasant, U Street or Columbia Heights. I like Chinatown, but really do think it's overpriced, considering that I could live in any other neighborhood in the city for the same price (or less). The good thing about those areas is that you're close to Dupont or Chinatown. They're also full of young people, so you wouldn't feel alone. Capitol Hill is also nice, but if you like Dupont & Chinatown it might be a little quiet for your tastes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC