Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2007, 02:46 PM

3 posts, read 17,096 times

Advertisements

We are moving to Moses Lake Washington in August of 07 and I need info on everything: like what elementary school is the best? What part of town we will want to live in and the part we will want to avoid? Is there a YMCA? What stores are there to do shopping in? Are there lots of activities for children what is the best park? We will need to know of good horse riding lessons and a good kick boxing instructor? We also will need a place that excepts dogs to live we prefere a lot with power and water so we can stay in our travel trailer. Thanks for the help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2007, 02:00 AM

3 posts, read 14,814 times
We're relatively new transplants to the area so I'll just pass along other people's recommendations. (Hopefully someone else on the forum has more wisdom and will chime in.)

Schools: Garden Heights Elementary, a good neighborhood school. Many people also like Discover Elem (Midway). It's smaller, has a waiting list, and buses kids from all over. A helpful website when researching local schools is greatschools.net

Desirable areas: Honestly, it all depends on what you're looking for: closer to town, near the lake, out in the country. We were generally told to avoid the area by the base.

Parks: No YMCA but the local parks & rec dept is pretty active for a town this size. Their website has a current program brochure (horse riding and kickboxing classes are offered) and info regarding local facilities. There's also something about Cascade Campground, since you mentioned your travel trailer (don't know if they accept dogs though). Check it out at mlrec.com

Stores: Super Wal-Mart, Safeway, Home Depot, Staples, Hastings, Gottschalks, Maurices, Fashion Bug...Definitely not a shopping mecca.

Hope that helps. Good luck!

Last edited by dottir3; 07-11-2007 at 03:02 AM..

Old 07-11-2007, 07:31 AM

3 posts, read 17,096 times
Thank You for the good info

Old 07-15-2007, 02:16 PM

2 posts, read 9,915 times
From what i hear moses lake is getting a costco and a small mall in 09, i hope so

Old 07-19-2007, 05:20 PM

6 posts, read 26,792 times
I was just scanning Craigslist for Moses Lake real estate. The home prices seem to very expensive for the area. For example there was a 3 bedroom 2 bath newer home, nothing fancy for $385K

I guess my question would be, is it worth that kind of money to live there?

Old 07-26-2007, 01:21 PM

10 posts, read 38,656 times
Default I'm a lifer

Welcom to the Lake.

My family and I were born and raised here. The school district is great. Garden Heights or Peninsula are our prefered schools for elementry, either of the middle schools are good, and there is only one High School (not counting the alternative High)

Shoping is probably Moses Lake's weak point. It is alot better than it used to be, and getting better every year. However, it is less than a hour and a half to either the Tri-cities or Wenatchee. Another week point is the Cultural Arts. Not much going on for the Theater type people. There are free concerts in the park all summer long. The Gorge is about 45 min. away and they have concerts all the time.

The parks is probably one of the strongest points. We have a great Aquatic Center that is city owned and maintained. They are even expanding it. They just finished an Ice rink that is open in the winter. There are a bunch of baseball fields and soccer fields, and there are big tounaments all the time.

The weater, from my opinion, is perfect. You definatly get 4 seasons. The summer is sunny and hot, the winter is sunny and cold, the fall is cool and dry and the spring is cool and dry. The area dosen't get much rain. "If it's green, someones waterin' it"

The economy is a mix if Ag and Idustry. There are quite a few new industrys to the area and employment is easy. The cost of living is very reasonable. Housing prices have jumped lately due to the number of people moving to the area. Power is provided by the Grant PUD and is the cheapest in the nation. When looking for a house ask if it has fiberoptic Internet access It is Cheap and fast.

Old 10-31-2007, 05:09 AM

1 posts, read 6,263 times
i will be moving to moses lake in another 10 days. is there any bus service to moses lake from seattle or wannache? please reply. .. thanks, sam
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington