Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2016, 11:34 AM

75 posts, read 73,423 times

Advertisements

I lived outside of Centralia for 5 years, like any small Washington town this place has a lot of potential. aka Aberdeen. One must consider that is a rain belt and very depressed. Centralia is 20 years behind the times. So many junk stores around. Washington people are anti social and robotic, bring your own friends. Imagine standing next to someone at a store and they don't say anything to you. Don't blame the locals, its just how there raised. Spokane is worse. There is a reason why we have legal pot and no grand parent rights. Flakey state.
On a good note the grocery store has great doughnuts called devil dogs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2016, 02:29 PM

2,251 posts, read 3,270,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by batemansbay View Post
I lived outside of Centralia for 5 years, like any small Washington town this place has a lot of potential. aka Aberdeen. One must consider that is a rain belt and very depressed. Centralia is 20 years behind the times. So many junk stores around. Washington people are anti social and robotic, bring your own friends. Imagine standing next to someone at a store and they don't say anything to you. Don't blame the locals, its just how there raised. Spokane is worse. There is a reason why we have legal pot and no grand parent rights. Flakey state.
On a good note the grocery store has great doughnuts called devil dogs.
Your 9 different posts with the exact same comment about people here being unfriendly robots is nothing new or earth shattering.

We already know.

It's pretty common-knowledge that people in the Pacific Northwest are more aloof (which can also be viewed as unfriendly) than other regions of the country.

Old 09-19-2016, 02:44 PM

14,472 posts, read 12,095,136 times
OK - that's two anecdotes I don't share with some of you here... I've lived in SW WA most of my life, and I've not only never been tasered, I frequently have pleasant conversations with people in line at the grocery store, and people sitting nearby at a tavern or pub, and with the neighbors as we drive by on the way home.

Maybe people get what they give.

Old 09-19-2016, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PS90 View Post
Your 9 different posts with the exact same comment about people here being unfriendly robots is nothing new or earth shattering.

We already know.

It's pretty common-knowledge that people in the Pacific Northwest are more aloof (which can also be viewed as unfriendly) than other regions of the country.
No there is the post about no grand parent rights, do you support this. Can you comment on this or just look the other way. I am just advising other people, its a opinion forum. Wouldn't you agree? Its earth shattering to me.

Last edited by batemansbay; 09-19-2016 at 05:39 PM..

Old 09-19-2016, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
OK - that's two anecdotes I don't share with some of you here... I've lived in SW WA most of my life, and I've not only never been tasered, I frequently have pleasant conversations with people in line at the grocery store, and people sitting nearby at a tavern or pub, and with the neighbors as we drive by on the way home.

Maybe people get what they give.
just like the end of Abbey Road album. And in the end the love take is equal to the love you give. Which tavern? Don't remember any in Rochester. There is Frosties in Napavine. Ever been there?

Old 09-19-2016, 06:57 PM

14,472 posts, read 12,095,136 times
There is a good Tavern in Rochester - The Junction Tavern, Just south of Grand Mound on 99.

Friday night they have a great Prime Rib Special.

I have not been to Frosties, but we do go to Napavine occasionally... we will check it out.

Old 08-09-2017, 06:28 AM

57 posts, read 50,044 times
I am considering a job offer in Centralia. I would bring two 40lb quiet, well behaved house dogs. What's the chance of finding a place to rent and a daily place to hike off lead?

Thanks for any and all responses

Old 08-09-2017, 08:52 AM

2,911 posts, read 1,358,747 times
As long as you have a reasonable budget you shouldn't have any trouble finding a rental that will take your dogs.

As far as the off lead hiking, it's against the law, but if you're not one of those clueless owners that likes to let their dogs chase wildlife and pets or other annoying behavior people probably won't say anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington