Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2012, 04:49 PM

13 posts, read 35,918 times

Advertisements

mow966:

You might want to try contacting the Friends Meeting (Quakers) in your local area. While not a commune, they may be able to offer you some support while you are on your search.

Best regards,
SSG
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2012, 12:29 AM

393 posts, read 1,496,646 times
I think the most important thing you'd be looking for is to find a group of people with the same beliefs that you have. What you're describing, the white dresses and white houses, that's just cosmetic, but nothing to base joining a commune on. There are all sorts of intentional communities in this country, and not all of them are religious. Some of them are high-tech, some live off the land, some are in the city, some in suburbs, and yes, there are still a couple stereotyped "communes" left from the 60's. There are all sorts of reasons people choose to form communal living groups, and it's based on having a common goal for the community and having the same core beliefs. While you're checking them out, they'll be checking you out to make sure you're a good fit for them.

Old 07-26-2016, 01:44 PM

21 posts, read 28,617 times
hamellr, Is that what you do on here is make rude and disrespectful comments on here when someone asked a serious question to improve their lives? Looks like you must have been in a commune like that and it messed you up. Next time try joining the circus

Old 08-02-2016, 04:27 PM

5,703 posts, read 4,276,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mow966 View Post
Is there or was there ever a religous commune in Everson/Nooksack Wa. I though there was one at one time. They had white houses right?. It is important I found this out. thanks

Not to my knowledge. I lived there for 10 years from 85-95 and I recall nothing like what you describe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington