Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2011, 08:11 PM

1 posts, read 2,154 times

Advertisements

Hi,

We will be moving to Ft. Lewis, WA in early 2012. It is a bit overwhelming trying to figure out where to live. I will have a 3 and 1 year old so safety and family friendly is important. I want to be close to a Children's Museum, Soft Play, YMCA with great family facilities, Library maybe even the beach but not have to be in traffic to do most of those things. School is obviously the most important so a great district or private Christian School would be great to know. My husband can handle a decent commute if that means that the kids and I are not in the car all day. I love the idea of being close to the "big city" so we can sneak out for adult evenings as well. So the debate is south of Ft. Lewis or North and does it make a huge difference as far as traveling to all of those activities I mentioned. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2011, 09:27 AM

1,024 posts, read 4,139,449 times
It sounds like Olympia, the capitol city, would be the place to live. It has the Hands On Children's Museum, that will move to a brand new, state of the art facility in 2012. Olympia has great schools, public and parochial, and is a 20-30 minute commute from Fort Lewis. Olympia has lots of theaters, clubs, galleries and restaurants, so going out for evening entertainment doesn't require going far. Tacoma is a 45 minute drive and Seattle is just over an hour. Olympia is directly on Puget Sound, and the ocean beaches are an hour's drive away. Don't let trying to figure out where to live overwhelm you. There are lots of great communities within an easy commute to Fort Lewis.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington