Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2012, 12:35 PM

1 posts, read 1,691 times

Advertisements

Does anyone who belongs to Stonecreek Estates, La Center, Washington have contact information for the Home Owners Association? I understand that residents are paying $50 or $60 a year to a P.O.Box but no one seems to know who is collecting these monies and/or has a contact person to get additional information. Can anyone help me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2012, 04:29 PM

37 posts, read 142,106 times
do not have the info your looking .
but i can tell you stone creek is not what i would say is a good place to live.
reason i say this is i grew up in la center right were stone creek sub divsion is know and it was cow pature before that.
next the ground is wet year round as the ground is ful of natural springs so you will have to deal with water in your yard and are under your house year round no matter the time of the year.
yet there may be some houses that have less water problems than others.
also the houses are packed is so tight and they also sold what they called flag lots meaning some of the lots houses were built on have to share the same common drive way.
next the homes there were not built all that well and were basicly just throwen up as they were built when the constuction industery was booming and they were throwing up house as quick as they could to get them built.
further more allot of them have had exstensive mold isuses.
also quite a few of the homes have had to have the siding replaced severail times due to mold milddew mosture and just plain poor/shody building to start with.
my parents still live basicly live in the stone creek sub divsion as one of the main roads into it runs right in front of there house.
i no longer live in la center even though i grew up there and graduated from la center high school.
so i can tell for the most part the town is not bad and the schools are good.
yet the town itself is still is still some what clickish and does not always weclome new comes/outsiders with open hands.
next i personaly would not buy a house in stone creek as there are much nicer places to live that are in a stones throw of stone creek.
infact there area with in a stones throw of stone creek is well was refered to as the jackson adtion and it was started in the early 70s and i moved into this addtion in 1972 with my parents when they bought there new home in 1972.
i also would not buy a house in theother newer delvopement further up the road buy the water tower up on the hill as this delepovement is built on what was know on the bestsworth dairy.
i grew up playing in the feilds were are know stone creek and i can tell you the ground was wet year round and if you looked you could see were the natural springs ran through the ground.
how ever they did allot of work and put drainage in to try and help with the water.
but stone creek still has water problem year round and you run the chance of having standing water in your yard are under your house year round.
yet you may not have standing water you nebior may.
so these are my opioions and what i saw /know from growing up playing in the feilds as a kid before the housing delevoment know as stone creek know was built.
next i can not nor will i say with 100% cetainty you will have a water problem nor am i saying you will have any isuse i have metchtioned.
yet i have personaly seen the isuses i have mechtioned happen in stone creek.
lastly these are my owen opioion and veiws and there not meant to slander any one nor to acuse any one of any wrong doings.
Restless in woodland.

Last edited by restless in woodland wa; 01-28-2012 at 04:58 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 02-02-2012, 01:24 AM

27 posts, read 52,567 times
You got to have rocks in your head if you want to move into anything that is governed by a HOA.

This state is already filled with nannies and professional busybodies, just imagine the kind utopian fascist nuts you'll encounter in a HOA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington