Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2007, 03:19 PM

77 posts, read 340,172 times

Advertisements

It's pretty different up here from the South. The hard part is to meet people without coming across as overbearing to them -- WA folks like their space and don't chitchat like people in the South tend to do.

From what I've seen, the best/easiest way to meet people here is to just get involved in activities that you like and you meet people based on those activities. The trick is to open the door, but not be too pushy.

Also, don't be too offended if you invite someone from here to go do something and they don't show up. WA people don't see that as rude, but they do see someone "pushing them" to do something as rude.

Good luck, you'll eventually make some friends, just probably not right away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2007, 04:55 PM

1 posts, read 1,147 times
Dear be_Parker 2007. Seattle is like anywhere. There are nice folks, and there are jerks. If you want to meet new friends there are lots of community centers with programs and activities, as well as gyms, and community colleges, churches, and meetings for different groups. Also the Discover U is a great place to learn and grow, and meet new people. The malls will just depress you - nobody talks to a stranger in a mall!! Look in your local phone book, and look at your local library for community activities. Soon you'll find yourself actually loving it here. There is a lot of beauty to the area, and a lot of activities.

Old 09-08-2007, 10:56 PM

43 posts, read 325,779 times
have you tried Meetup: World's largest community of local Meetups, clubs and groups! ?

Old 09-17-2007, 07:12 AM

13 posts, read 30,549 times
my husband works at Goodrich so ive met some of his friends wives but i havnt talked to them since our cookout that one of them had. but mostly the only friend that i have is one of my husbands friends that always comes around but thats mostly it. Yeah it would be great for them to work together then i could have someone to talk to....

Old 09-17-2007, 09:47 PM

i do need to find me a good christian church....
does anyone know of good Doctors or good ObGyn doctors?
yeah i live right here close to the new walmart on 99....
weve been to a cook out at one of my husbands friends from work but
i havent heard anything back from his wife. so i dont know....i mean he does
work in a different hanger now than when they first started so he doesnt
even see him during the wk at work.....but when i have time during the
day ive been just getten out and driving....so yea ive been to Edmonds
last wk and it was nice......well today is the 1st day that ive actually
heard someone say Welcome to the Great State of Washington the
Evergreen State that Loves to Rain....i was like ARGH!!! im used to Hot and
Humid weather but i think the rain ill have to get used to...but anyways...
keep the information coming....

i think of it throughout the day....xoxo's

Old 09-21-2007, 12:15 AM

well we finally got out this past wk and went to seattle...we went and saw the space needle..and ya know just being us and not knowing ne one and just knowing that we have each other to depend on it awesome...i dont so much worry with trying to find friends i have my best friend here at home whom i support...
well please be praying for us though...we are going to a Genetic Couselor for Cystic Fibrosis...my uncles died of it and so did one of my husbands Aunts....so we want to make sure that our kids wont have if we plan on having children in the next year or so...
im so nervous....does anyone know of ne good ObGyns????
I still havnt found a church that i would like to attend while hes at work...its just a matter of trusting in God that he'll lead me to the right one.

Old 09-21-2007, 09:43 PM

11 posts, read 109,776 times
Hello, I just wanted to wish you luck with finding a church and meeting some new people in the area! My husband and I moved here in February and are also looking for friends. Feel free to say hi or visit:
SnohomishCountyCouples : Snohomish County Couples

Old 09-22-2007, 12:58 AM

thanks ill go do that tonight then....where did you move from???

Old 09-22-2007, 09:50 AM

11 posts, read 109,776 times
We moved here from Sacramento California. Call us crazy, but we love the rain and clouds. We moved here to start our family (but not yet) and meet some new people!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington