Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 10:34 AM

1 posts, read 3,226 times

Advertisements

please dont move to this area. how bout this i'll make a switch with u?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2009, 02:32 PM

1 posts, read 3,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrrrichard99 View Post
You might consider checking out Stanwood. It's just a little further up I-5, has an interesting, Byzantine old town with a lot of massive new retail spots too. They have even better bus transportation, with express-style service to the U-District and Seattle.
I currently live in Stanwood, and I can say that it's a great place to live overall. There are two large grocery stores and places for you and your kids to play (Library, parks, close to the beach). The school district there is pretty good; the sports teams are great and there are a bunch of clubs and extra-curricular activities.

The bus transportation is very good. But, with Camano Island (an 'island' off of Stanwood) expanding so rapidly, traffic is a major pain, especially in the morning hours (6-8) and evening hours (4:30-7). If you could find a place on the east side of town, you would be saving yourself a lot of time.

There are plenty of rentals to choose from, and properties for sale. The further away you get from Camano and the center of Stanwood, the cheaper things usually are.

Stanwood is probably a twenty minute commute to Arlington.

Old 08-11-2010, 03:52 AM

1 posts, read 2,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by runjunky View Post
Does anyone have any thoughts about the Arlington/Darrington area. We (husband and four kids) are thinking of relocating there. Currently we live in Southern California and are looking for a better life. Any input about cost of living, schools, property etc would be great. We are planning to visit the area this December. Thank you
yes you should move to darrington we have a great school and its a very small town very home like haha!

Old 08-11-2010, 03:54 PM

615 posts, read 1,075,068 times
Don't move to Darrington, you'll probably regret it.

Old 08-22-2010, 08:34 PM

1 posts, read 2,502 times
Default help me please find

i need to find my cousin in the darrington washington area his name is bob cunningham. if anyones knows him please have him contact me 530 228 9008. thanks

Old 09-30-2010, 04:36 PM

4 posts, read 9,707 times
I would never venture back to Darrington if my life depended on it. My life was forever altered because a known sociopath and falling down drunk was/is still allowed to live up there and prey on people. Even tho well known to law enforcement, they were never held accountable. Several years later and I am STILL in progressive therapy for PTSD. The anxiety, trauma and nightmares I still endure prevents me from even considering driving THRU that town when on hwy 530. Granite Falls is better. I wouldn't wish that town and how people look the other way or paint a rosy picture on anyone. Backwards is an understatement. Factor in fear and denial or reprisal. No wonder people look the other way. They have to live there...

Last edited by Are You Kidding; 09-30-2010 at 05:23 PM..

Old 09-30-2010, 04:50 PM

4 posts, read 6,408 times
My husband and I almost bought a house in Darrington last year. We fell in love with the small town feel after visiting many times. But it is far if you have to commute.

Old 09-30-2010, 05:26 PM

Default People Should Always Check Things Out Prior To Moving

Always Check A New Area Out Prior To Relocating.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Are You Kidding View Post
"I would never venture back to Darrington if my life depended on it. My life was forever altered because a known sociopath and falling down drunk was/is still allowed to live up there and prey on people. Even tho well known to law enforcement, they were never held accountable. Several years later and I am STILL in progressive therapy for PTSD. The anxiety, trauma and nightmares I still endure prevents me from even considering driving THRU that town when on hwy 530. Granite Falls is better. I wouldn't wish that town and how people look the other way or paint a rosy picture on anyone. Backwards is an understatement. Factor in fear and denial or reprisal. No wonder people look the other way. They have to live there"......

Old 09-30-2010, 09:11 PM

Default People Should Always Check Things Out Prior To Moving

Sage Advice For AZGroceryGuru: I don't mean to instill fear in anyone considering moving to Darrington. Scenically, it's gorgeous and many people are considerate of others. Small town feel I can do without because over time, that amounts to people knowing and being all over your business and lacking a sense of general boundaries. Very suffocating when descended upon. I just think people should never enter into anything blindly or overtly 'believing for the right reasons' that something's a good idea. Idealism has a place but pragmatism should be what decisions are based on. Idealism or believing in people cost me dearly. My message is people need to weigh any decision in a balanced and practical manner, pros or cons respectively. Knowledge (or sharing thereof with others) is worth its weight in gold. Had someone tipped me off, I wouldn't have been a field day at the hands of a predator who continues to enjoy non-accountability ...

Old 09-30-2010, 09:15 PM

Default Knowledge Helps Others

For AZ Grocer

quote=Are You Kidding;16100735]Sage Advice For AZGroceryGuru: I don't mean to instill fear in anyone considering moving to Darrington. Scenically, it's gorgeous and many people are considerate of others. Small town feel I can do without because over time, that amounts to people knowing and being all over your business and lacking a sense of general boundaries. Very suffocating when descended upon. I just think people should never enter into anything blindly or overtly 'believing for the right reasons' that something's a good idea. Idealism has a place but pragmatism should be what decisions are based on. Idealism or believing in people cost me dearly. My message is people need to weigh any decision in a balanced and practical manner, pros or cons respectively. Knowledge (or sharing thereof with others) is worth its weight in gold. Had someone tipped me off, I wouldn't have been a field day at the hands of a predator who continues to enjoy non-accountability ...[/quote]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington