Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2012, 04:39 PM

158 posts, read 450,474 times

Advertisements

Our vehicle is not yet registered in WA. We moved here from Idaho not even two months ago, and are selling it.

Will there be an issue when the buyer wants to register it once they've got the Idaho title?

edit: I failed to mention that:
- The title is held by my credit union, with a payoff of far less than the book value.
- The vehicle has a 'rebuilt' title.

Last edited by uRabbit; 03-23-2012 at 05:16 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2012, 05:10 PM

37 posts, read 141,955 times
should be no problem transfering an idaho title to wa.
yet the title will need to be clean and free.
buy this i mean title has to be in your name/clean and have no lean holders consigners are leans/be free.
how ever when the buyer goes to transfere it into there name there going to have to pay the sales tax on the purchase price title transfere fee sub agent fees and lastly an out of state inspection fee which use to be $25 but it may have gone up.
but even though you have to pay the out of state inspection fee on any vechicle that is not titled in wa state you no longer have to have them inspected buy th w.s.p. the last i knew.
further more depending on which licenseing office/branch they us they may are may not have to pay sales tax on the vechicles book value if the sales price recepit is for less than book value.
reason being is here a few years back when we voted in that we would not have to pay more than $33.00 dollars to license are vechicles in wa state the state in turn found loop holes that we did not vote down.
with one of them being the state can charge you sales tax on the vechicles book value.
the way around this is you can get a forum from the license department to fill out sating why the vechicle is worth less than book value and on the forum you list all the vechicles problems to state why it is not worth book value.
with this said you the seller would have to fill this forum out and not the buyer.
lastly in my opioin it would be best to get the forum from your local licenseing agencey and fill it out so you the seller and the buyer will have less trouble/problems.

restless in woodland

Old 03-23-2012, 08:55 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,690 posts, read 57,994,855 times
With a legit 'Builder' title from ID, there should be no problem

Fill out this form. http://dor.wa.gov/Docs/Forms/Misc/De...dVehSold_E.pdf

The DOL seems to ask no questions if you have one. (note the salvaged title and any other things that might substantiate a lower purchase price. I usually quote salvage titled value ~ 1/2 of average retail. (which seems to be close to reality in used car sales)

more info WA State Licensing: Salvaged vehicles

Old 01-03-2013, 10:03 AM

1 posts, read 15,378 times
I am in a similar situation to uRabbit.

I will be buying a car from Oregon that has a 'Rebuilt Title'. I wanted to make sure that I won't have to get the car inspected by the Washington State Patrol. I have seen some content on the Washington DOL website that makes me think I will have to?
http://www.dol.wa.gov/forms/420080.pdf

Also, uRabbit, were you able to get a forum so you didn't have to pay tax on the market value and actually on the fair market price?

Old 01-03-2013, 12:48 PM

There is no avoiding the inspection. I just re-up'd my registration from Idaho.

I'm not sure what you're referring to as far as the taxes.

Old 01-03-2013, 01:07 PM

5,075 posts, read 11,067,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uRabbit View Post
There is no avoiding the inspection. I just re-up'd my registration from Idaho.

I'm not sure what you're referring to as far as the taxes.
Excise tax on sale.

Old 01-03-2013, 01:10 PM

I purchased the vehicle in Idaho. Actually, my wife did while I was in the army.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
View detailed profiles of: