Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2007, 09:51 AM

26 posts, read 199,636 times

Advertisements

Can anyone give me info on Newport wa or the surrounding area's, My husband and I currently live on the westside of mts and hate the weather, we are looking for more sunshine and warmer weather, when we retire. We have been looking at the Colville area, Grangevill Idaho area, Chewahla area (sp) Sorry. Would really like some opions. We have not visited yet but plan on doing so here soon. Can you tell me if they get alot of snow, or is it just freezing cold, is there alot of rain and clouds I hate that feeling closed in all the time by clouds. We would like to be able to fish, and hike, or go to the mts in the winter time to play in the snow, When the kids start having little ones then we want a place for them to come and have a good time, so we need lots of recreation for them.

Thanks, Lisa
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2008, 10:28 AM

3 posts, read 12,303 times
We are moving from the Portland, OR area to Newport, WA.
The schools there are good. The community there is growing slowly. I graduated from there, and when I go back I always see more progress. I have seen a few housing developments both in town and out of town. The homes and property is affordable. We are buying 10 acres plus a home for less than what we are selling our little in town house for here.
My kids are excited (we have 4)
They do get alot of snow. It is definately a place where you get 4 seasons though.
Winter can be gray, but once spring hits, gray days are few and far in between.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
View detailed profiles of: