Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 10:57 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,668,264 times

Advertisements

If melanin is what bothers him I think Northern Idaho is what he wants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2012, 11:02 AM

125 posts, read 158,638 times
Is it wrong to not want racial diversity? Sure, I realize there will be some, but coming from Ca, it is to diverse and I'm tired of it.

Old 08-26-2012, 11:02 AM

7,150 posts, read 10,866,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beenhere4ever View Post
Where in this country can you go to escape racial diversity? I mean, there are greater and lesser degrees, but racial diversity has become the definition of the country. And even countries that once were pretty pure aren't anymore. I guess maybe certain rural towns are monoracial.
Northern Idaho comes to top of mind ...
I can actually name many others ...

Old 08-26-2012, 11:05 AM

7,150 posts, read 10,866,083 times
Let's see
Brand spankin' new poster ...
Leading off with not wanting racial diversity
I'm thinkin' ... I'm thinkin' ... just give me a sec more ...
I'll figger it out ...

Old 08-26-2012, 11:07 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,668,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsc3zny View Post
Is it wrong to not want racial diversity? Sure, I realize there will be some, but coming from Ca, it is to diverse and I'm tired of it.
No, I would rather, if that's how you feel, for you to find that type of environment in a place that's accepting of your views and far away. I'm so pale I could use some of that melanin but if it bothers you so much, Northern Idaho would probably be good. Even Eastern Washington is going to have farm workers that are probably not to your liking.

Old 08-26-2012, 02:16 PM

5,641 posts, read 24,904,544 times
We wound up retiring in WA and are very happy about it. I was working contracts and was able to relocate anywhere that had a major airport. We wanted no hard summers and no hard winters, no or little income tax, and easy access to medical and other services. After dealing with the congestion around SEATAC we decided that closer to PDX would suit our needs. We wound up finding a place just north of Vancouver. The recession ended employment but retirement here has been good.

Old 08-29-2012, 07:33 PM

17,158 posts, read 56,898,950 times
OP, probably Spokane area will be more like what you want, although, it does snow some to a lot in the winter. If you are retired, you can skip the worst snow days and stay home.

Do you want to rent or buy, do you want a relatively urban or rural place?

Old 08-30-2012, 08:18 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,859,427 times
Spokane, Clarkston, Pullman, Newport, Colville, Chewelah. Pretty much nowhere along I-5 (maybe Bellingham, but too expensive, Centralia/Chehalis maybe, or Longview/Kelso).

Old 08-30-2012, 09:42 PM

5,147 posts, read 7,457,200 times
My mother got her bachelor's in Cheney. I wonder how that town is.

Old 09-03-2012, 11:32 AM

2,251 posts, read 3,259,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
Spokane, Clarkston, Pullman, Newport, Colville, Chewelah. Pretty much nowhere along I-5 (maybe Bellingham, but too expensive, Centralia/Chehalis maybe, or Longview/Kelso).
I would agree with David, considering your parameters. Far-eastern-Washington is your best bet as far as a lack of racial diversity. Pullman, in particular, may fit what you want, if you can stand living in a college town. It has lower crime than most surrounding areas, a decent health care system, and lots of stuff to do (at least, relative to other similar-sized towns). Spokane would fit, except for the "low crime" part. Northeastern WA would also fit, if you don't mind living in very rural areas. And Colville has a very good hospital for it's size.

BTW, although I can't say that I agree with you, OP, on your "not" wanting racial diversity, I applaud you for having the conviction to actually say so. Much better to be honest, rather than pretending to be something you're not, in the name of appeasing the almighty political correctness that runs rampant now-a-days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington