Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2012, 10:39 AM

85 posts, read 179,714 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
And I've certainly not told you where to live
Quote:
As angry as you sound already, this doesn't seem a good fit for you
Learn to read, or at least to comprehend the written word.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2012, 12:10 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,702,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShastatoBaker View Post
Learn to read, or at least to comprehend the written word.
Could you point "This doesn't seem to be a good fit for you" on a map?

Since you've already declared: "Love the state, hate the citizens. To be honest, most of you -- vacant of morals as you are -- disgust me."

Considering the title of this thread and your opinion of the citizens of Western WA, yes, logically you do not appear to be on the side of the state where you would be happiest. But I didn't tell you where to live. You can spend all day every day telling everyone how much you hate the citizens of Western Washington but it's not going to change anything.

Old 11-15-2012, 02:27 PM

85 posts, read 179,714 times
Quote:
You can spend all day every day telling everyone how much you hate the citizens of Western Washington but it's not going to change anything.
Where did I say I expected change?

Honestly, a more pertinent question would seem to be: why does my hating them bother you so much? And don't tell me it doesn't, because that is obviously at the very center your ongoing argument. I said something, it irked you, and now you can't let it go.

Why?

But, please, do dodge the question and throw another tantrum about semantics, or toss 4 or 5 simultaneous smileys at me. That'll make the bad man go away.

Old 11-15-2012, 02:53 PM

My point is you moved to an area that apparently represents everything you hate politically. You said it yourself. Do I care that you don't like us? No, considering your comments, I would be horrified if you liked us.

Your move and complaints are simply illogical. You defend those that want to secede, but if you were to have the opportunity to do so, how would you when you have just moved in to the geographic heart of liberalism? Would you build fence around yourself? You're like the guy that moves to Alaska and complains about the snow.

Old 11-15-2012, 06:16 PM

4,794 posts, read 12,370,711 times
The only time I know of that state split off and became a new state was when the western counties of Virginia voted to secede from the state and form West Virginia.
Has there been any poll done of Washingtonians east of the Cascades to see if they really want to do that? These ideas usually are pushed by the noisy few who get a lot of attention.
But honestly, what would be the point now? No matter what state you are in you are stuck with Obamacare and other assorted nonsense. It's not like you can move to or create another state to get away from that.
Move to Idaho? OK, but doesn't Idaho have an income tax?
I am sympathetic to the frustration some have about this election but it is really just the latest loss in a long battle of individual freedom v. collective security with individual freedom being on the losing side.
The American people have jumped the shark on that issue and creating a separate state won't really change anything.

Last edited by kanhawk; 11-15-2012 at 06:30 PM..

Old 11-16-2012, 12:07 AM

5,147 posts, read 7,473,761 times
Eastern Washington would have one of the smallest populations in the country. Maybe it could then unite with Idaho to make a super-conservative state. It would have the same representation in the national house of representatives as Hawaii. Hawaii has 2, Eastern Washington has 2.

As to the politics of an Eastern Washington state, this page gives a good forecast:
http://www.ontheissues.org/AVA/House/Doc_Hastings.htm

Last edited by Beenhere4ever; 11-16-2012 at 12:20 AM..

Old 11-17-2012, 12:11 AM

6,351 posts, read 9,975,080 times
Quote:
No, it doesn't, which is why the citizens of eastern Washington feel like they get screwed every election. Their half of the state is being run by a pack of officials hundreds of miles away who don't give a damn about their beliefs, and are only interested in representing the ideals of a closeted group occupying a roughly 90-mile corridor wedged between the southern Sound and the Cascades.
Ah, have you been on the Peninsula? It is quite possibly the most liberal rural place in America after Vermont, and it is nowhere near southern sound.

And are you REALLY going to tell me Spokane and Whitman counties are that conservative?

Old 11-17-2012, 12:19 AM

Quote:
I think we're past that. The way we're going to 'resolve' this is ultimately the same as the last time go 'round. Name call all you like, but 'your side' is more likely to kill itself when handling a firearm than someone on the opposing force. A modern 'civil war' would be over in hours. You sling insults because it's all you've got. When the innevitable social break comes, the majority of 'your side' will be running into Canada rather than face us. I'd sooner die than accept your nancified vision of America.

"Us"? What the hell are you talking about?

Anyway, if you have a problem with the way Washington is, LEAVE! I'm sure there were plenty of people complaining when Kansas turned from a progressive state that had some counties give their votes to Eugene Debs into the reddest of red states. Guess what? THEY MOVED!

Go to Wyoming or South Dakota or something. Washington is a left of center state and is going further to the left every year. Even the East is, with so much Latino immigration. If you don't like it you can always leave. Hell, New Jersey was, amongst other things, to conservative for me and hence I left. I do practice what I preach.

Old 11-17-2012, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
Ah, have you been on the Peninsula? It is quite possibly the most liberal rural place in America after Vermont, and it is nowhere near southern sound.

And are you REALLY going to tell me Spokane and Whitman counties are that conservative?
Moderator cut: see note Here's the statewide election results:

2012 Washington state election results | Politics | The Seattle Times

Last edited by Count David; 11-18-2012 at 06:47 PM.. Reason: can be construed as rude

Old 11-17-2012, 02:36 AM

Quote:
Moderator cut: see note Here's the statewide election results:

2012 Washington state election results | Politics | The Seattle Times

Moderator cut: orphaned

I mean, I may say "Cascadia independence", but I am not 100% literal and, as I've said before, independence may just mean the federal government allow Washington and the other states to run their own affairs...i.e., let us do things like legalize marijuana, gay marriage, and have better environmental regulations than the rest of the country.

Washington is indeed a left of center part of the country. If you have issues with that, fine, just go somewhere else. Spokane after all isn't exactly East Bumblehumper Arkansas.

Last edited by Count David; 11-18-2012 at 06:47 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington