Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 02:41 PM

615 posts, read 1,171,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ness View Post
I am very independent. But going to a movie on my own isn't really my cup of tea. And although I'm sure kids would keep me busy I need social interaction with others as well. Relaxing down time is all well and good but I'd like to have other stay at home Moms around so that we could spend some time together as grownups....even if it is only to share a quick cup of coffee or take the kids to the park.
How about doing coffee or going to the park with stay at home dads?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2007, 05:28 PM

307 posts, read 1,420,974 times
Most of my current friends are men, so I wouldn't have any problem having coffee or going to the park with stay at home Dads. I guess I just say (type) Moms cause that's what comes to mind first.

Old 10-11-2007, 12:10 PM

119 posts, read 517,453 times
I will be a stay at home mom when my children and I move to Washington. Unfortunately, we aren't sure yet what area we will be in. It will either be, Bothell, Kent or Tacoma. I would love to be in Bothell, but the cost of housing is a little pricey for a 1 income family. I'm hoping to get into a nicer area of Kent or Tacoma. My husband will be working in Bothell, so we are trying to avoid a long horrible commute for him.

I am also hoping to be able to surround myself with others who are stay at home moms (or dads). But, I may not have much extra time because I will also be going to school.

Old 10-11-2007, 03:22 PM

68 posts, read 338,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mconzemius View Post
I will be a stay at home mom when my children and I move to Washington. Unfortunately, we aren't sure yet what area we will be in. It will either be, Bothell, Kent or Tacoma. I would love to be in Bothell, but the cost of housing is a little pricey for a 1 income family. I'm hoping to get into a nicer area of Kent or Tacoma. My husband will be working in Bothell, so we are trying to avoid a long horrible commute for him.

I am also hoping to be able to surround myself with others who are stay at home moms (or dads). But, I may not have much extra time because I will also be going to school.
Why not try Woodinville, Monroe, or Mill Creek? Somewhere in that vicinity? It would be significantly closer to Bothell and shouldn't be too horribly pricey.

Old 10-11-2007, 03:47 PM

3,176 posts, read 14,696,911 times
Also try Duvall - it's north-ish, closer to Bothell and very family oriented (and more affordable!)

Old 10-11-2007, 05:36 PM

72 posts, read 122,431 times
Lynnwood and Marysville is also affordable which is close to Bothell.

Old 11-07-2007, 11:14 PM

1 posts, read 2,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mconzemius View Post

Just a word of advice about commuting to Bothell if you decide to move to Kent or Tacoma. Your husband will be miserable after a few weeks of doing that commute. My husband and I live in Bothell and when my husband took a job in Kent the commute just killed him. He absolutely hated it! Took him an hour and a half sometimes to get home. He ended up quiting after a year of dealing with that commute. I agree with the other persom who said to look in Woodinville, Mill Creek area before considering anywhere that far south. My husband now works in Everett and his commute is a breeze. Less than a half hour. You may want to check out Everett too. I do not know what the price of houses are like, but it is an easy commute to Bothell. I am a stay at home mom too and just decided to sell on Ebay rather than going back to work. I bring in about $1300 a month now and get to stay home with my 2 year old. It is the perfect job for me.

Old 11-08-2007, 07:41 PM

43 posts, read 325,647 times
I live in Lake Stevens and I'm a stay at home mom. I'm the only one in our cul-de-sac, but most of the families in our neighborhood have elementary school aged children and I have a toddler and a preschooler.

We do co-op preschool, and I've been able to meet lots of other stay at home moms with kids the ages of mine through that program.

Old 11-12-2007, 12:52 AM

506 posts, read 2,573,742 times
We live in Kirkland and my wife has been a stay at home since we moved here (over 2 years now) and we don't have any kids yet! She keeps herself busy by cleaning our house, doing laundry, cooking, but she also goes to yoga and loves to go shopping. That should change soon though.

Old 11-15-2007, 09:41 AM

3 posts, read 9,279 times
I am a stay at home mom in Marysville. Have been for 14 years. Both of my kids are in school full time, so I could work, but with my husband's work schedule, we rarely get enough time together as it is...me working outside of the home would take even more time away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington