Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 01:15 PM

348 posts, read 1,051,727 times

Advertisements

Please exclude Costco Warehouse and could you kindly tell us the comparison of groceries in the Yakima area. Moving from the Baltimore/Washington metro, I found out that there are more different groceries in the Yakima area (more than my former metro). Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2012, 09:38 PM

541 posts, read 1,731,056 times
MAJOR STORES

Albertsons - A local chain from Boise and well known around the Pacific Northwest. Produce prices tend to be more, but could vary in Eastern Washington. Award winning fried chicken at the deli's, best when fresh. Average priced dairy, and some lower then normal priced general grocery products. Numerous store brand products, as well as an upscale store brand products. Items cheaper with a Preferred Savings Card, which is free. Can track points and earn money from items you buys.

Fiesta Foods - With four stores in Eastern WA and Eastern Ore, this Mexican themed grocery chain has many unique items you won't find at the other grocery stores. Fresh made Hispanic foods, fresh daily. Great Mexican baked goods, and many unique products straight from Mexico. Also carries typical products. Prices vary from average to cheaper prices.

Fred Meyer - A large department store in one half of the store, and a large grocery store in the other half. Prices vary, but tend to be about average. Products tend to be a higher quality, including ice cream and dairy products. Produce is usually fairly priced. Meat department prices are average to lower. Rewards card that offers 10 cents off their gas station. Prices remain the same on products without rewards card.

Grocery Outlet - Bargain grocery chain. Products will vary week in and week out, and always check expiration dates. They take items from others grocery stores that ordered too much of a certain products, and sell them at super cheap prices. Prices can be as much as 50% off of average sale price , sometimes more. You just need to look around. Produce quality isn't usually as good, but other canned goods, frozen, and other products will be just fine, and super cheap.

Top Food & Drug - A branch store owned under the Haggen brand from Bellingham, WA, these stores offer higher quality goods at an average to high prices. Store brand products are mostly all locally made from nearby farms, and are of really good quality. Some prices on items can be more expensive, especially in produce. Dairy products cheaper in most cases.

Safeway - Prices are average to higher priced. Most items cost more then most store chains, but with a Safeway Club card, you can save some money. Deli is expensive, and produce can be high priced as well, but good quality. Most grocery items cost a bit more, but because they have so many stores, most go inside for convenience. Bakery items realy good, especially donuts and breads, lower then normal prices.

OTHER

Costco - You know about them.

Target - They have a grocery section.

Walmart Super Center - They have a grocery section.

Old 05-11-2012, 12:31 AM

Big Thanks! Milk prices here are so lower!

Old 05-11-2012, 12:47 PM

So I've heard. Milk is ridiculously expensive. Hope that list helps and good luck.

Outside of Yakima, there are other good places, but sadly they are way over in Seattle (2hr drive). Trader Joe's, QFC, Whole Foods, Central Market, Uwajimaya and many other grocery chains.

Old 05-11-2012, 05:37 PM

Puzzled because the price of a one-gallon white milk costs over four dollars in the Mid-Atlantic area.

What's about Rosauers food store?

Old 05-13-2012, 07:49 PM

I have never been to a Rosauer's store, so I could not help you. Sorry. I don't think I've even seen one.

A gallon of milk around here varies from $2.69 at most stores to over $3.00.

Old 05-15-2012, 07:14 AM

13,827 posts, read 29,944,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWbyNW View Post
I have never been to a Rosauer's store, so I could not help you. Sorry. I don't think I've even seen one.
They have 'em in Spokane.

I like them, they aren't as polished and anonymous as the larger chains.

Old 11-02-2012, 01:11 AM

Rosauer's store is real nice!

Old 11-02-2012, 01:16 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,256,164 times
Are there any Winco's in or around Yakima?

If so, you can't beat them for prices - even worth a bit of a drive once a month or so (which is what I do).

Old 11-02-2012, 01:05 PM

The closest Winco Foods is in the Tri-Cities, about an hour away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington