Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2013, 05:18 AM

13 posts, read 17,122 times

Advertisements

That does remind me of Grass Valley, CA except there was no university there. If you transferred in with a big utility company, worked for the government, were a professional such as dentist/optometrist you probably did pretty well. Not sure if small shop owners do all that well or not -- sometimes they stay afloat but if you divide income by hours worked they're making less than minimum wage. I'll be retiring so not dependent on local job market.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2013, 05:59 PM

5 posts, read 13,814 times
too often it is cool, or cloudy with or without a drizzle.. but when the summer finally arrives it is the most glorious beautiful place on Earth ( maybe)- the air off the water keeps it cool in the evening, I have an air conditioner that I use about 5 days a year- it can get sticky humid hot- but it cools down in time to go to bed; the water is clean, and the drinking water tastes good! The wind is a frequent and welcome visitor- the rain is something I don't mind too much as it keeps down the crime and the noise and the dirt. The restaurants and public places here are clean as a rule! We recycle and we don't litter... if the rain keeps a lot of people from moving here all the better!

Old 06-16-2013, 09:48 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,500,469 times
I was a discjockey in my younger days when i lived in Bellingham. It was from about 1980 - 1985.

We used to joke about the many ways the weather reports could describe clouds and precipitation in Bellingham. A typical day's forecast could include mostly cloudy in the morning, with periods of mist followed by rain, turning to showers with a chance of partially sunny skies in the evening with the possibility of snow by nightfall, and icy roads overnight...

I wish I could remember all the variations. Very entertaining.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington