Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2013, 02:20 PM

7 posts, read 26,482 times

Advertisements

I was wondering about the neighborhoods in Port Angeles. What are the best and safest neighborhoods for families? Any other information regarding families in the area, would be helpful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2013, 01:58 PM

1,979 posts, read 3,524,766 times
Is there such a thing as "best and safest" neighborhoods in Port Angeles? I'm honestly not sure. It's a small town!

Old 04-26-2013, 08:56 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,550 posts, read 81,103,317 times
I like the unincorporated areas between Blue Mountain Road and Deer Park, above 101. The actual city itself is OK, but the crime rate is up over the last 4-5 years, with more drug related.

Old 04-28-2013, 11:24 AM

6,223 posts, read 3,405,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
I like the unincorporated areas between Blue Mountain Road and Deer Park, above 101. The actual city itself is OK, but the crime rate is up over the last 4-5 years, with more drug related.
The biggest problem living on either side of 101 (between Kitchen Dick and Barr Road) is access taking a left on and off.
Deer Park is also another problem traffic area. I often wonder why people who want to enter 101 going west instead of trying to turn across traffic don't simple turn east and use the left turn lane round-about about a hundred yards east of Deer Park.

I live in Sequim and my biggest grip about 101 is no on or off ramp on the east side of town. Seattle area can spend billion building on/off ramps on I-5 but can't spend a million on a simple on/off ramp in Sequim.

Old 04-28-2013, 08:06 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,550 posts, read 81,103,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
The biggest problem living on either side of 101 (between Kitchen Dick and Barr Road) is access taking a left on and off.
Deer Park is also another problem traffic area. I often wonder why people who want to enter 101 going west instead of trying to turn across traffic don't simple turn east and use the left turn lane round-about about a hundred yards east of Deer Park.

I live in Sequim and my biggest grip about 101 is no on or off ramp on the east side of town. Seattle area can spend billion building on/off ramps on I-5 but can't spend a million on a simple on/off ramp in Sequim.
True, I have spent many minutes waiting to turn left from Blue Mountain.

Are Sequim Ave and River Road not on the east side of town?

Old 04-28-2013, 08:36 PM

541 posts, read 1,729,866 times
Let me help you out. There are 17 official neighborhoods in Port Angeles. The areas with the most crime cluster around downtown, to the east of it, and two the west a bit. The neighborhood you don't want to move to is simply Jefferson. The Jefferson neighborhood is located southeast of Cherry Hill. Crime in Port Angeles is actually quite high, but chances of you being affected by crime is still very slim. The biggest problems are burglaries and theft. Still overall, you will be "safe" in all neighborhoods. No matter where you live, you will always have a chance of crime.

Port Angeles, Washington

Port Angeles is a working class town that relies on a few economic forces that control the town.

The best areas are just outside of town, but still within 10 minutes of all the services and shopping in town. I would look at the east side of town. The best shopping is actually in Sequim, about a thirty minute drive away.

Port Angeles has two forms of policing not including the State Patrol. First off, you got a the Port Angeles Police, which have a successful volunteer program, and you have the Clallam County Sheriff's Office. Both are located in town (across the street from each other) and if you have more questions, they certainly can provide detailed answers. The Port Angeles Police website has a crime map that keeps track of incidents and calls that might be worth a look. You will also see a big presence of U.S. Customs and Border Patrol.

Port Angeles Police

Clallam County Sheriff's Office, Washington

U.S. Customs and Border Protection

Old 04-29-2013, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
True, I have spent many minutes waiting to turn left from Blue Mountain.

Are Sequim Ave and River Road not on the east side of town?
No.... River Road is on the West side (the on/off ramp) leading right into Walmart and the rest of the big box stores. Sequim Ave is north/south road in the middle of downtown. (the second on/off ramp coming from PA)

The on/off ramp is on the east side where there is no off ramp going East or on ramp going west on Washington St. Which means if you live on the east side of Sequim you have to travel all the way to Sequim Ave in the heart of downtown to go West on 101 or get off at the Sequim exit on 101 to go the eastern part of town.

Old 04-29-2013, 11:19 AM

NWbyNW are you a realtor?

Old 04-30-2013, 11:06 AM

7 posts, read 26,482 times
Thank you for all the helpful information!

Old 04-30-2013, 03:35 PM

541 posts, read 1,729,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
NWbyNW are you a realtor?

Lol! No.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington