Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2014, 11:34 AM

2,331 posts, read 3,213,528 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by captiv8ed View Post
I guess it depends on your interpretation of "great weather." I think the west side has fantastic weather from April-late October. The grey does get me down, but I never have to shovel or scrape rain off my car.
I love rain, I'm ready lol!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2014, 12:15 PM

2,251 posts, read 3,271,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by captiv8ed View Post
I guess it depends on your interpretation of "great weather." I think the west side has fantastic weather from April-late October. The grey does get me down, but I never have to shovel or scrape rain off my car.
Well...To be fair, I'd never had to have my car detailed to get the crusty, green mold/mildew off of the edges of the trim until I moved from Eastern WA to Western WA.

Old 02-10-2014, 01:26 PM

68 posts, read 130,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PS90 View Post
Well...To be fair, I'd never had to have my car detailed to get the crusty, green mold/mildew off of the edges of the trim until I moved from Eastern WA to Western WA.
Good point!!

Old 02-12-2014, 02:55 PM

299 posts, read 666,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screen View Post
Just like that old Weezer song said:

"Washington State... That's where I want to be! (gimme, gimme)
Living in Washington State...
Washington State... Rolling like a celebrity! (gimme, gimme)
Living in Washington State..."
We can't forget the official state song of Washington.

Washington,My Home - YouTube

Old 02-12-2014, 03:02 PM

299 posts, read 666,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwest61021 View Post
I love rain, I'm ready lol!
LOL, we have lots of it now. November through April are the really rainy months but then it starts to wind down a little after then, and our summers are mostly sunny and beautiful. I had some doubts about moving here when I did, and I missed my home and family, but I can honestly say now that Washington is my home. We have so much to offer here- robust economy, good-paying jobs, diverse culture, majestic mountain vistas, lush greenery, great fishing - you name it!

Old 02-12-2014, 04:56 PM

2,331 posts, read 3,213,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlecoming View Post
LOL, we have lots of it now. November through April are the really rainy months but then it starts to wind down a little after then, and our summers are mostly sunny and beautiful. I had some doubts about moving here when I did, and I missed my home and family, but I can honestly say now that Washington is my home. We have so much to offer here- robust economy, good-paying jobs, diverse culture, majestic mountain vistas, lush greenery, great fishing - you name it!
Ok, you can stop now. (sniff)

Old 02-12-2014, 09:43 PM

6,321 posts, read 7,046,591 times
I moved from Idaho to Washington in 1981.

Washington is a great corporate state. It is owned and operated for the benefit of the major corporations. The state politicians ONLY pay attention to corporate issues

I sort of feel like a serf living here. I understand why Montana threw out Anaconda Copper in the early 1900th century and became the progressive state that they are today.

Washington is an OK state....thank god I live east of the Cascades. It is the only thing that makes it tolerable. Will I ever be proud of being a "Washingtonian".....Nah, I am not part of the elite in the state.

Just trying to survive while the elites run the state for their benefit.

Maybe someday, just like Montanan's did a hundred years ago maybe the people will take back THEIR state.

Until then.....a serf.

Old 02-13-2014, 07:18 AM

2,251 posts, read 3,271,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 509 View Post
I moved from Idaho to Washington in 1981.

Washington is a great corporate state. It is owned and operated for the benefit of the major corporations. The state politicians ONLY pay attention to corporate issues

I sort of feel like a serf living here. I understand why Montana threw out Anaconda Copper in the early 1900th century and became the progressive state that they are today.

Washington is an OK state....thank god I live east of the Cascades. It is the only thing that makes it tolerable. Will I ever be proud of being a "Washingtonian".....Nah, I am not part of the elite in the state.

Just trying to survive while the elites run the state for their benefit.

Maybe someday, just like Montanan's did a hundred years ago maybe the people will take back THEIR state.

Until then.....a serf.
Well.... I agree with you to an extent. It is common knowledge, for sure, that the politicians of this state couldn't care less about small business while they kiss the boots if the big corporations, though.

Old 04-04-2014, 10:26 PM

7 posts, read 7,603 times
Good to hear that WA is that great. I am moving there first part of May. For years I have preferred clouds over sun, and rainy days absolutely rock.

The scenery there is awesome. I will be hiking and mountain biking for most of my entertainment when the weather permits.

Will be looking for employment, hope finding it is as joyful as conveyed in the OP.

Old 04-26-2014, 09:42 PM

854 posts, read 1,140,761 times
That is a matter of opinion. If you obsess over telling people how much better the area you live in is than where they came from then you will be right at home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
View detailed profiles of: