Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2014, 06:03 PM

462 posts, read 741,509 times

Advertisements

Rather smell pot than ciggs.... which i smell the ladder more often than the former.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2014, 08:50 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,553 posts, read 81,067,970 times
I guess it depends on where you are. In the downtown/waterfront area where I work and walk through the Market every day, people smoking tobacco have been pretty much been polite about not being out in the open about it, and exposing others to their smoke. On the other hand, those smoking weed tend to flaunt it. you cannot walk through that whole area at the Virginia street end of the market without inhaling someones marijuana smoke. Same with the short hills along the market going up to 1st, and in Post Alley. Similarly, at 2nd and Stewart, people light up and walk past all of the people waiting for the buses. I often see cops around there, often on bikes and horses, and they look the other way.

Old 03-25-2014, 09:20 PM

634 posts, read 896,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean2026 View Post
It seems the OP has an agenda. As others pointed out -the smell doesn't seem to be everywhere. There has to be more important things to write about. Cig smoke is annoying and (lol) smoky. Marijuna is usually a lingering odor wich is comparatively innocuous, unless people are smokign right in his face.
It is very common in the club districts because you can't smoke anything indoors, people take their pot and their cigarettes to the city sidewalks.

This isn't flat stagnant Texas. Apartments situated on the hillsides draw in smells from other units both below, around, and above due to the constant breezes coming off the sound. And very few people have ac here so that is not an option.

How is this an agenda? You might not be aware being from out of state, but this is a new law here, the intricacies of which are still being worked out by our state legislature, we have the right to explore/discuss the accompanying issues.

As to other topics to write about, I'm open to suggestions ☺.

Last edited by Garethe; 03-25-2014 at 09:31 PM..

Old 03-26-2014, 08:07 AM

1,716 posts, read 2,034,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotseCherut View Post
Had some punk blown a big breath of smoke on my face when I was walking through downtown Capitol Hill last night. I definitely got a bit of a contact high from it, it was mild , but it was strong stuff and dazed me for a bit. I felt like knocking the guy out, but him and his buddies where all hanging out on the sidewalk outside of the Hip-Hop show and it would obviously resulted in me getting jumped and being outnumbered. The guy didn't intentionally blow it on me as he didn''t see me walking by him when he turned his face and blew out his smoke after taking a hit.

They really need to crack down on people smoking weed in public. I never even see people drinking booze in public around here, but somehow people think they have free reign to smoke weed outside and blow it on people, including kids.

Seriously, they need to crack down on it.. I wasn't happy with what happened last night. One problem wiht liberal city like Seattle is they will not crack down on drug use of any kind, especially now that it is "legal".

I'm always amazed at how quick people are to look to violence to solve their issues. I have never been able to understand it. I would personally see it as a sign of strength when someone is always in control of their emotional responses and able to not lose control and hit someone. Its a sad thing.

Old 03-26-2014, 09:52 AM

6,220 posts, read 3,403,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson502 View Post
Rather smell pot than ciggs.... which i smell the ladder more often than the former.
Ladder...that is an interesting word to use in that contents. I do believe you mean Latter. Are you a pot smoker?

Cigarette smoke is not a problem as it seems to dissipate rather quickly but Pot smoke lingers in the air for a long time. You can smell pot smoke on people when they, for instance, board a bus or enter into your car and unless you are sensitive to cigarette smoke or are up close it can't be detected the same way by most people.

Old 03-26-2014, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnutella View Post
Give it a couple of years. The novelty will wear off.
As long as there is a profit to be made it will never 'wear' off. It will only spread to our youth.

Old 03-26-2014, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sll3454 View Post
Whether or not you see it depends on where you are. I have not seen anyone smoking pot in public.
Visit places where the young people hang out on the weekend, like Pioneer Park.

Old 03-26-2014, 03:19 PM

3,533 posts, read 5,826,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakscsd View Post
I'm always amazed at how quick people are to look to violence to solve their issues. I have never been able to understand it. I would personally see it as a sign of strength when someone is always in control of their emotional responses and able to not lose control and hit someone. Its a sad thing.
I'm always amazed at how many people just sit there and get harassed , abused or assaulted and do nothing about it..

If some stupid punks are blowing their pot smoke on bystanders walking by, they deserve to have their joint shoved down their throat.

Yeah, sorry, maybe I am just not a really nice guy..

Old 03-26-2014, 04:06 PM

1,981 posts, read 3,150,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
Ladder...that is an interesting word to use in that contents. I do believe you mean Latter. Are you a pot smoker?

Cigarette smoke is not a problem as it seems to dissipate rather quickly but Pot smoke lingers in the air for a long time. You can smell pot smoke on people when they, for instance, board a bus or enter into your car and unless you are sensitive to cigarette smoke or are up close it can't be detected the same way by most people.
Ladder verses latter was pretty funny...

---
What you a cigarette smoker? What on earth are you talking about? "Cigarette smoke dissipate quickly"? BS!
It does not, heck ask any non smoker that does not have anyone in their lives that smokes about it...

Even without smoking in public places my cloths will pick up the stench of cigarette just from hanging it near a smokers coat for an hour while you eat. That stench will last for days. Heck have a smoker stand next to a non smoker and you can smell it on your cloths for hours.

--------------------------------------

RotseCherut... Doing something about it?.... It's called being a man. Some of us men tend to do that sometimes....

Old 03-26-2014, 04:35 PM

1,716 posts, read 2,034,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotseCherut View Post
I'm always amazed at how many people just sit there and get harassed , abused or assaulted and do nothing about it..

If some stupid punks are blowing their pot smoke on bystanders walking by, they deserve to have their joint shoved down their throat.

Yeah, sorry, maybe I am just not a really nice guy..
You can be a mad guy and still be in control of your emotions. Why let them win? For many, being able to make you snap is the goal, then you hit them and you get arrested. You get arrested, you pay lots of money to defend in court, plus fine, maybe you go to jail. Cant work so you lose your job, cant see your kids or family, will always have to say you have a criminal record when applying for a job. Depending on the charge, no longer able to own a gun to defend your family, cant vote. Can you really say that its worth it because some kid blew his smoke on you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington