Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2014, 05:50 PM

854 posts, read 1,140,296 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Freddy View Post
Then why are you so upset about not being allowed to join?
Don't try and twist my words, I didn't want to join buddy. Not my style, doesn't mean I can't call them out on it. Good riddance to that place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2014, 06:17 AM

5,151 posts, read 4,524,286 times
This thread has deteriorated into crap, please moderator, lock it up.

Old 06-22-2014, 01:58 PM

5,583 posts, read 5,003,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisplacesucks View Post
Now if the above could be done to California it might be a better place to live.

Old 06-23-2014, 08:25 AM

Quote:
This thread will live on FOREVER!!!!!!! The crap started to fly about 200 posts ago, the moderator must be getting a good laugh.

Old 06-23-2014, 08:29 AM

Quote:
BTW, this is a Washington forum, why are ppl arguing about Texas???
Because that is how Washingtonians respond to criticism, throwing mud at wherever you came from.

Old 06-23-2014, 02:06 PM

2,251 posts, read 3,269,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad apples View Post
Because that is how Washingtonians respond to criticism, throwing mud at wherever you came from.
I think this is now the fourth time that I've posted this - I brought-up Texas to compare to Washington because it is the other place that I have spent a considerable amount of time. I, personally, found Texans to be much LESS friendly than Washingtonians - and I have also commented multiple times that I am assuming that reason is because their culture is a little different than mine. And that may be the reason that all these transplants seem to disagree with the general attitudes of Washingtonians.

I don't know or care where you or anyone else "came from". That had nothing to do with my comment about Texas.

Old 06-25-2014, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PS90 View Post
I think this is now the fourth time that I've posted this - I brought-up Texas to compare to Washington because it is the other place that I have spent a considerable amount of time. I, personally, found Texans to be much LESS friendly than Washingtonians - and I have also commented multiple times that I am assuming that reason is because their culture is a little different than mine. And that may be the reason that all these transplants seem to disagree with the general attitudes of Washingtonians.

I don't know or care where you or anyone else "came from". That had nothing to do with my comment about Texas.
Bad apples thinks people in Washington have been brainwashed into thinking they are better than everyone and everywhere else. Bad apples gets good laughs out of reading these posts.

Old 06-26-2014, 12:10 PM

367 posts, read 420,641 times
Got to respond to the OP...Yes you're right about some things you sad about Russia. I had immigrated from there 17 years ago and aggressiveness, intolerance, insularity, violence and unfriendliness to strangers are essential elements of life. I am NOT stating that WA is this way...but there's something very similar between WA and Russia, I always felt it during my visits to WA.

You can not compare to Russia, though, in terms of passive-aggressivness (non-existent in Russia--it's all out and open) and people not being willing to walk the walk if they talk the talk. If you're a Westerner--you're a special Privileged person. In Russia, people will leave you alone in most cases, then, and will not harass you like they would a fellow countryman. They feel a lot of secret, well-hidden awe of Westerners. So, they'll treat you special and will not fight you. Also, they know local cops may protect you (they will not protect a Russian often), due to fear of political scandal. However, for locals it's different. Every teen in Russia fights. When I was 13 y.o girl I was already an expert on making cold weapons out of household items, the "brass knuckles" made out of forks that have spikes in front so you can stick it in someone's eye if they jump you, etc, etc, the list goes on. I grew up in fear for my life due to violence and been shot at from all kinds of weapons, including tanks. There's draft and Russian army is more brutal than any US prison, outside the war time, yes. Plus there had been 2 Chechen wars recently, and other conflcts. In Russia, it's a culture that male must fight or be considered inferior and weak. So, people will NOT back out of any opportunity to fight and WILL harm you greatly or kill you in confrontation. Often, you can simply pay to police and walk out of any crime, there. So, in this sense WA is very different from Russia.'

WA is a paradise compared to Russia. If one were to get dumped cold in Russia deprived of High Privilege of US citzenshp...they'd be like Bergdahl begging US to take them back...they'd see real violence, ghetto life, lawlessness and vulnerability. I saw many people die bad way there. WA is a paradise on Earth compared to Russia.
Ethnic Russians (myself, I am) are just a bunch of grizzly bears pretending to be civilized sometimes.

I'm not sure where in the world people found villages full of smiling cordial people? Asia, Africa or South America? Sounds good, but perhaps in these very places people could take a dump next to your house and beat you up (or burn you alive) if you complained? Perhaps women are truly oppressed in these places? Perhaps they'll hate you if you refuse to eat the food they offer you (because you just dont' eat this type of food) or if you refuse to partake in drinking alcohol with them? Intrude your privacy unnecessarily and frequently? Or suddenly belive you're a witch and chase you out of kill you? Or, if a pack of 30 strays dogs ate you or you died from food served, not consider it OK just a little inconvenience? Are you sure these places weren't like that and you didn't receive fake cordiality directed at "rich Westerner" who's a potential cash cow? (having grown up outside the US, I assure you Americans will be often viewed this way, without being told, of course)

Thank you, I rather take grumpy, individualistic Lady Liberty, the 2nd amendment and hope to live on own land and not have anyone trespass on it.

Last edited by Usrname; 06-26-2014 at 12:23 PM..

Old 06-26-2014, 12:45 PM

1,981 posts, read 3,150,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Freddy View Post

Regardless of where, when, or who else may be in my environment, my life and general state of being has always depended on my actions not theirs.
THIS... Is the whole point!

Pages and pages of debate, comparison and trying to understand what could have gone so wrong for some to not "find a fit".... It all really comes down to what you say here... This is what I tell my 8 year old...

Old 06-26-2014, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueTimbers View Post
THIS... Is the whole point!

Pages and pages of debate, comparison and trying to understand what could have gone so wrong for some to not "find a fit".... It all really comes down to what you say here... This is what I tell my 8 year old...
What you say? Bad apples has had enough political correctness to last a lifetime. Bad apples thinks Pnwer's need to develop a sense of humor and stop acting like somebody spit in your soup.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington