Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2014, 02:38 PM

9,182 posts, read 12,120,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad apples View Post
You have proved nothing, please go back to yammering about the Seattle climate. Nobody cares. I did move but I will be posting in the Washington forum when it relates to something I wish to debate.
you have proved that your posts shouldn't be taken seriously.

Old 06-20-2014, 05:56 PM

854 posts, read 1,140,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botev1912 View Post
you have proved that your posts shouldn't be taken seriously.
How so? Just because you don't like my opinions doesn't mean they aren't valid. I have read a few of your posts and I disagree with them but I don't say they shouldn't be taken seriously. High muckety muck!

Old 06-20-2014, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman427 View Post
people in Washington state who own homes could also be very angry about their property taxes going up 30% in one year and losing their house.
It is extremely expensive to live there. Even in the rural areas.

Old 06-20-2014, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguy950 View Post
That certainly sounds like the antithesis of Seattle. This area's smugness got to me faster than the poor weather, cost of living for what you get, and traffic/drivers. I am lucky (more like worked my a$$ off and used my negative experience as motivation) I am able to move like you did, I swear sometimes I think people up here enjoy being "mad" at the world, rather than simply changing their situation.
Very well said in my opinion, glad you had means to leave as I did. It gets old listening to the rhetoric.

Old 06-20-2014, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawk4440 View Post
Bad Apples:
I've brought this same point up with people who complain about the weather here, and that the weather contributes to the bad attitudes. I know people who've moved to Alaska---where the climate is way worse and they say that Alaskans are friendly, there's a small, but vibrant social scene in Juneau and there's nothing like the sheer meanness and hyper-uptightness that you encounter here.

Yet the Seattle apologists will always come back with: 'The problem is with YOU' and "It's like that EVERYWHERE!"

No, it certainly isn't.
While I would say the weather may have a small role to play, I think it is more about the smugness like ThatGuy stated. It is not like that everywhere at all. You get dirty looks in that place just for appearing different, like forgetting to wear your required piece of North Face clothing or buying coffee at McDonald's.

Old 06-20-2014, 10:14 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,320,493 times
Bad weather makes people resentful and unhappy.

Old 06-22-2014, 04:30 PM

652 posts, read 1,784,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dolph09 View Post
I'm from Texas (home of the original pissed off man with his bumper stickered pickup, loaded gun, and no-nonsense stare, the type of man you don't mess with). I've been all over the country.

I've recently worked some assignments in Vancouver, twice, and I've been to Seattle and the surrounding area both times. And I have to say, I have never encountered such pissed off people as in Washington. Which I am bit disappointed by because I love Seattle and have long thought of it as my ideal city to relocate to.

What is it? The weather? Bad economy? The sheer distance from everywhere else?

It's also a difficult place to get a feel for. Are the people liberal or conservative? Are they intellectuals or roughnecks? This too is surprising because one would think that, lacking the diversity of other places, Washington would have a particular culture. But if there is, I certainly didn't find it.

I get the suspicion that, underneath the superficial flag waving, people in Washington secretly despise the rest of the country. I wouldn't be surprised if some day the PNW forms its own country.
They grew up in America and now as adults realise they were lied to the whole time and can't figure out how to fix that because of the fake education they were given and the economic stranglehold they are held in that forces them to have to cut their fellow mans throat to "get ahead" which is only really a less awful place to be by shallow and petty measurements than the one they are in now.
Yea America!

Old 06-22-2014, 05:27 PM

1,278 posts, read 2,921,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad apples View Post
Very well said in my opinion, glad you had means to leave as I did. It gets old listening to the rhetoric.
Yes. Bad Apples, it does get old...
So, when are you going to start posting some positive things in the forum of your new happy home, wherever that is, and stop returning here like a jilted lover to reiterate the same things over and over and over?
Sigh.

Old 06-22-2014, 11:06 PM

268 posts, read 366,317 times
I must say that I have never encountered multitudes of pissed off people in Washington. Typically, I am the one who is pissed off by the "safe drivers" blocking up the lefter lanes. I've just assumed that the need to drive so safe and slow in the left lane was some subconscious political expression.

But then I rarely venture east of Olympia, and I've only been east of the Olympics and north of Sea-Tac once.

Old 06-23-2014, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PollyGlott View Post
Yes. Bad Apples, it does get old...
So, when are you going to start posting some positive things in the forum of your new happy home, wherever that is, and stop returning here like a jilted lover to reiterate the same things over and over and over?
Sigh.
I will stop posting when others stop starting threads on the topic. Keep in mind I never started any of these complaining threads. So clearly I am not the only one. Washington survivors need to know they aren't alone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington