Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2014, 09:18 AM

854 posts, read 1,140,885 times

Advertisements

It seems to me that over the years I have heard a lot of misguided and ignorant statements being made about First Nations in Washington from the residents. Is is simply because they are allowed to hunt and fish tribal areas without restriction or something deeper? Opinions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2014, 09:21 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,713,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad apples View Post
It seems to me that over the years I have heard a lot of misguided and ignorant statements being made about First Nations in Washington from the residents. Is is simply because they are allowed to hunt and fish tribal areas without restriction or something deeper? Opinions?
OMG. Seriously? Did you rack your brain all night coming up with that one?

Old 06-24-2014, 09:29 AM

2,251 posts, read 3,271,398 times
Quote:
Really? You are quickly becoming the king/queen of complaining about petty/trivial little things, aren't you?

1) The thread that you got this idea from is out-dated. The OP's article citation was from 2008, and no one had posted anything for years until today.

2) "First Nations" is a Canadian term, not American, so you're argument is semantically flawed as well.

Old 06-24-2014, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
OMG. Seriously? Did you rack your brain all night coming up with that one?
No I just read a forum on city data about tribal hunting rights posted in Tri Cities. I have also heard a lot of locals that talk trash about the tribes on a regular basis. I won't mention some of the things I have heard here.

Old 06-24-2014, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PS90 View Post
Really? You are quickly becoming the king/queen of complaining about petty/trivial little things, aren't you?

1) The thread that you got this idea from is out-dated. The OP's article citation was from 2008, and no one had posted anything for years until today.

2) "First Nations" is a Canadian term, not American, so you're argument is semantically flawed as well.
Can't rep you again so here's

Old 06-24-2014, 09:34 AM

Quote:

So anything that isn't "American" is semantically flawed. I just happen to find the Canadian term for Native Americans to be more appropriate. I also did not just develop this opinion overnight and from reading that forum. I have heard a lot of negativity about tribes in the area from people there. Let the crap storm roll in, I don't care. I am not going to just keep to myself about it.

Old 06-24-2014, 09:43 AM

Quote:
So anything that isn't "American" is semantically flawed. I just happen to find the Canadian term for Native Americans to be more appropriate. I also did not just develop this opinion overnight and from reading that forum. I have heard a lot of negativity about tribes in the area from people there. Let the crap storm roll in, I don't care. I am not going to just keep to myself about it.
I also "heard" a lot of negativity from certain Southerners. I didn't develop this opinion overnight.

But you've reached the point of best being ignored as you seem to be a sad, desperate, lonely individual throwing excrement against the wall and hoping for a reaction even if it takes five year old threads to do it.

Old 06-24-2014, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I also "heard" a lot of negativity from certain Southerners. I didn't develop this opinion overnight.

But you've reached the point of best being ignored as you seem to be a sad, desperate, lonely individual throwing excrement against the wall and hoping for a reaction even if it takes five year old threads to do it.
It's just a discussion. I fail to see the logic in your accusatory and judgmental statements in proving your point. Somebody else dug up the thread I just saw it and read it and posted that I didn't like some of the comments being made. I have also heard those same comments coming from the public in Washington. Stop acting like you are the high and mighty Washington thread moderator on opinions.

If you have proof that First Nations are not being treated strangely then bring forth your evidence.

Old 06-24-2014, 11:31 AM

2,251 posts, read 3,271,398 times
Quote:
It's just a discussion. I fail to see the logic in your accusatory and judgmental statements in proving your point. Somebody else dug up the thread I just saw it and read it and posted that I didn't like some of the comments being made. I have also heard those same comments coming from the public in Washington. Stop acting like you are the high and mighty Washington thread moderator on opinions.

If you have proof that First Nations are not being treated strangely then bring forth your evidence.
Firstly, Seacove is right. If you actually bothered to comment about ANYTHING other than whining and moaning about how Washingtonians are mean to you, then maybe a discussion about this would take off.

Secondly, you have admitted many times that you are not from Washington and don't live here anymore. Yet, you seem to have a lot of opinions about many things that happen in this state.

I, myself, grew up in Okanogan County, and have known MANY Colville tribal members - I don't know any of them that 1) refer to themselves as "First Nations" people, and/or 2) have some smoldering hatred of Washingtonians because they are somehow the focus of some imagined "hostility".

Old 06-24-2014, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Firstly, Seacove is right. If you actually bothered to comment about ANYTHING other than whining and moaning about how Washingtonians are mean to you, then maybe a discussion about this would take off.

Secondly, you have admitted many times that you are not from Washington and don't live here anymore. Yet, you seem to have a lot of opinions about many things that happen in this state.

I, myself, grew up in Okanogan County, and have known MANY Colville tribal members - I don't know any of them that 1) refer to themselves as "First Nations" people, and/or 2) have some smoldering hatred of Washingtonians because they are somehow the focus of some imagined "hostility".
I don't think the First Nations have a smoldering hatred of Washingtonians, it's the other way around. I wouldn't call it smoldering though, it is more of a simmering type distain based on tribal hunting and fishing rights. I wasn't commenting on Washingtonians being mean to me, I get attacked in every forum for my outsider opinions. I can't help that, but I will defend myself from these accusations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington