Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2014, 01:31 PM

1,961 posts, read 2,253,714 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpindogs View Post
Understood. We've had no sun breaks in this recent stretch except that one I mentioned...at least that we've seen and our perception is what matters when comparing. And these cloudy days have been dreary with solid, thick, boring cloud cover. Maybe that's why I made the connection with Sequim.

I remember another poster saying the cloud cover seemed lower in the PNW. And gotcha on the dark...time to get out the candles, books and DVDs! And get some sleep.

Sun today! And 44 degrees. So far our winter has been pretty darn mild except for that moment in November when January got lost there.
Change that to sun and 51 degrees! And 12 muddy paws. 🐶
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2014, 01:37 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,499,383 times
What kind of pups do ya have, jumpindogs?

Old 12-27-2014, 08:02 AM

1,981 posts, read 3,152,355 times
Ha.. 12 day of Christmas.. "12 muddy paws".

Only 4 paws on the GS here, but toss in our boys and their friends, and a giant muddy field, and I believe I can compete in the mud game.

Yes warm winter you are having, not too much complaining though after last winter.!

On clouds.. Yes real low ones too. All different kinds all at once, often moving different directions.

Old 12-27-2014, 02:34 PM

Wonder what's going on in Moses Lake and Ephrata for weather right now?

Old 12-27-2014, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
What kind of pups do ya have, jumpindogs?
Three Australian Shepherds. All rescues. Two from shelters (one dump and one stray) and one confiscated from an animal hoarder as an abuse/neglect case. Two agility dogs and one therapy dog. All hairy.

Old 12-27-2014, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueTimbers View Post
Ha.. 12 day of Christmas.. "12 muddy paws".

Only 4 paws on the GS here, but toss in our boys and their friends, and a giant muddy field, and I believe I can compete in the mud game.

Yes warm winter you are having, not too much complaining though after last winter.!

On clouds.. Yes real low ones too. All different kinds all at once, often moving different directions.
LOL, TT! I think you can.

Truthfully, I'd rather have cold and snow. This mud is getting a bit tiresome. I actually like winter...even last winter didn't faze me although I readily admit it was gruesome. Now my hubby, that's another story. But then we are never satisfied are we?

Old 12-27-2014, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
Wonder what's going on in Moses Lake and Ephrata for weather right now?
You know how it is.. 100% different worlds as far as weather goes. People, not so much, OP and areas of eastern WA got plenty in common..

Weather, going to assume drier and cooler, with some actual cold on the way next week for the east side.

(But, man is it mild even on the east side considering the lattitude.!)

Old 12-27-2014, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpindogs View Post
LOL, TT! I think you can.

Truthfully, I'd rather have cold and snow. This mud is getting a bit tiresome. I actually like winter...even last winter didn't faze me although I readily admit it was gruesome. Now my hubby, that's another story. But then we are never satisfied are we?
Well here you get mud as bad or worse than than the clay west of you in wi..

Heck I got stuck and had to chain up in Squim getting Manure, stuck back in pt too. (Kids had to use a tractor to get me out.)

Snow is nothing down in se wi.. Up by lake Superior it is a part of daily life in a big way. I won't nock it, its a good rhythm if you want it to be.

Me, I will be real happy for a long time seeing snow on top of mountains mostly, and can put up with it on the ground for a few weeks a year I suppose..

Old 12-28-2014, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueTimbers View Post
Well here you get mud as bad or worse than than the clay west of you in wi..

Heck I got stuck and had to chain up in Squim getting Manure, stuck back in pt too. (Kids had to use a tractor to get me out.)

Snow is nothing down in se wi.. Up by lake Superior it is a part of daily life in a big way. I won't nock it, its a good rhythm if you want it to be.

Me, I will be real happy for a long time seeing snow on top of mountains mostly, and can put up with it on the ground for a few weeks a year I suppose..
Yup SE no comparison to Superior and the UP. But it was pretty cold in SE last winter.

My hubby prefers snow on top of the mountains too.

Old 12-28-2014, 08:54 PM

Man, you guys, I ended up staying at a small old-school motel just west of Wenatchee on Hiway 2. Actually had a pool table right in the same room as the register desk. It's called the Moonlight Motor Lodge. Got about 4 solid hours of sleep. Then I took 2 west to 97, over Blewett Pass. It started snowing pretty hard. I put the '14 Nissan Rogue in AWD and barely even slipped over the pass at all.

Washington hasn't changed much since I left in 2003. And where it's changed doesn't affect me. I pushed the petal down to the metal on the way over to Moses Lake! I needed to because my sister was irritated that I spent the first night at my Mom's house in Mukilteo. So I tried ta "make it up to her" the next morning. Didn't leave her house until about 10:50AM.

By that time I needed to get to Moses Lake and look at a rental house there. After that I just took off for Ephrata and north from there to Hiway 2 westbound to Brewster. Whew. Take a breath.

Had dinner with Boss and Sleep Doctor at Brewster's only restaurant, a Mexican one! Pretty tasty food. Asked them questions and they asked me lots of questions. The Sleep Tech. was great, a good worker with a good work attitude.

I will next talk to the Boss on Tuesday and look at an offer.

Wife still doesn't want to leave southern New Mexico. Got to see my Mom and she's doing as good as can be expected, she has cancer. Her hairs all gone and she's wearing a cool knit hat.

Great and whirlwind trip back to Washington. Need to see if we're close on the offer now.

Last edited by elkotronics; 12-28-2014 at 09:21 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington