Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2015, 09:06 AM

4,483 posts, read 9,287,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RotseCherut View Post
If you don't mind seeing the rebel flag fly time to time, you may consider Sedro-Woolley, which is near some of the most amazing scenery in already beautiful state, yet not far from your beloved Target in Burlington. I would have been more zealous about Sedro, except now I am seeing the rents have going up 20% from even last year. It seems Mount Vernon and the entire Skagit Valley is becoming a suburb of Everett,
. . . and that does not make it a better place.

If he were into equine sports, like barrel racing, he might like it. However, I don't think OP would find much to do in Sedro-Woolley. He can't spend all his time in Target.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2015, 10:55 PM

26 posts, read 67,718 times
Well I was able to visit Vancouver over the weekend. Got a hotel downtown, got a pizza at Vinnie's, went to the farmers market today. Drove around the area and checked out the mall. Then on the way home I decided to head up I-5 and check out Longview again....yeah everyone on here is right about Longview. I'm steering clear of there. I think now I am trying to decide between Olympia, Vancouver, and possibly Wenatchee (even though its not on the westside) I kind of like Wenatchee, but it might be too isolated for me.

Old 10-20-2015, 06:44 AM

5,151 posts, read 4,524,286 times
Wenatchee is nice but it gets hottttt in the summer! Have you looked at Port Angeles?

Old 10-20-2015, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurquoiseOne View Post
Wenatchee is nice but it gets hottttt in the summer! Have you looked at Port Angeles?
Haven't checked out Port Angeles yet. Maybe I should head up the Peninsula. Is there single women up there in the wilderness??

Old 10-21-2015, 06:10 PM

5,151 posts, read 4,524,286 times
Sure there are, there are even cell phones & internet, as evidenced by CityData!

Old 10-24-2015, 11:55 AM

102,183 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtysouthjay View Post
Haven't checked out Port Angeles yet. Maybe I should head up the Peninsula. Is there single women up there in the wilderness??
Yes. Definitely check out Pt Angeles. Maybe take a look at Silverdale, too.

Old 10-26-2015, 09:25 AM

5,703 posts, read 4,276,476 times
I'd take Wenatchee in a heartbeat over western WA and most places in eastern WA...I wish the state agency I have worked for had offices there...

Quote:
Well I was able to visit Vancouver over the weekend. Got a hotel downtown, got a pizza at Vinnie's, went to the farmers market today. Drove around the area and checked out the mall. Then on the way home I decided to head up I-5 and check out Longview again....yeah everyone on here is right about Longview. I'm steering clear of there. I think now I am trying to decide between Olympia, Vancouver, and possibly Wenatchee (even though its not on the westside) I kind of like Wenatchee, but it might be too isolated for me.

Old 10-26-2015, 11:34 AM

5,703 posts, read 4,276,476 times
Out of all those western WA places you mention, I think Olympia would be best. For me anyway. I lived in Whatcom County for 10 years and Oly is where I'm thinking of going, temporarily, because there's a lot of work there in my field and its got the college and its not too big. Not the best spot climate-wise for me, even bleaker than Bellingham but I'll just head to the dry side frequently...

Quote:
Hello and thanks for your time in reading my post,

I currently am an "east sider" and live in Moses Lake, WA. I work for a state agency that has field offices scattered throughout the state. My career is in the criminal justice field (though I am not a cop). This November I will be eligible to transfer to another field office. I moved to Moses Lake from Florida about a year ago and have come to the conclusion that Moses Lake isn't for me. Too hot, and NOTHING to do here, and serious lack of women, lol. I would like to move to the west side.

I am a single, 40 year old male, make a modest income ($40,000 a year). I am looking for a place that has basic amenities and affordable cost of living. I drove through Longview, WA and I feel it might be a good option. I have read the crime is bad, and that it can smell due to the mills? My feeling on the crime/drugs issue is that drugs are everywhere.

I have pretty much ruled out King and Pierce County due to high cost of living and traffic. My job has field offices in Vancouver, Longview, Chehalis, Aberdeen, Montesano, Olympia, Port Orchard, Bremerton, Port Angeles, Mt. Vernon, Marysville, and Bellingham. Lots of offices in King County, but as I previously mentioned I want to stay out of there.

I actually really like the Tri-Cities, and we do have offices there, but it is still brutally hot. And I thought it got hot in Florida......sheesh.

Any thoughts on any of the above cities. Housing costs will be the biggest factor for me.

Thanks for any input you can give.

Old 04-23-2016, 02:13 AM

I thought I would give this thread a bump and give an update. Well I have put in for Olympia 3 different times since last November. Each time I was denied the transfer since other people with more seniority got the positions. Still in Moses Lake.....ugh.

Old 04-23-2016, 09:59 AM

735 posts, read 870,822 times
Thanks for the update, it is always nice to hear what happens. That being said, sorry you haven't gotten the transfer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington