Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2015, 09:58 PM

18 posts, read 18,001 times

Advertisements

Recently accepted a job in Lacey and will be moving up there in a few months. We're both young professionals in our mid twenties. We're most likely going to rent for a while, even though we'd love to buy right away and drive down some roots from the get-go.

So, what are some of the better areas of Lacey to look for a rental house(and which areas to stay away from)? Worried that I may have to rent a place without even seeing it due to the distance, current job and timing of the move, and don't want to stick myself in a 'bad' area.

Any thoughts on the schools (grade school, middle, and high)? I've looked at the online rankings, but I take those with a grain of salt since quite a bit of those rankings are solely from test scores/availability of AP programs.

And I've looked through the city data forums for help on this question to no avail---- Where do I find a moving company? I spent hours online and every company did not 'serve my area.' I'd love to just get one of those 'pods' and load and unload everything myself, but haven't found anything other that Uhaul U-Box containers. Very leery of driving one of the UHauls myself, especially through the Rocky Mtns, when the biggest vehicle I've ever driven is a sedan.

Any help is appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2015, 11:42 AM

1,024 posts, read 4,142,053 times
There are many very nice areas in Lacey. My favorites developments are Kensington and Avolea off 45th and College, Park Place off 45th and across from Rainier Vista Park, as well as Beckonridge, across from William Bush Park. All three of those neighborhoods are near the Chehalis Western Trail, have plenty of parks, two golf courses and walkable shopping, restaurants etc.
Another nice development is Meridian Campus in Hawks Prairie. It's a large planned development a little further out from shopping and restaurants, but also with parks, trails, connected sidewalks, bicycle lanes, golf, and near the water with park access to the beach. The neighborhoods there are Meridian Campus, Campus Prairie, Campus Highlands, Campus Glen, Edgewater, Continental Crest (I may be leaving some out).

There are also some nice older and nicely established neighborhoods around the Lakes (Long Lake, Hicks Lake, Pattison Lake). Good luck with your new job and your move.

Old 11-20-2015, 03:50 PM

90 posts, read 100,261 times
Just stay away from the mushroom farm......Far far away. It smells so bad you can taste it.

Try Atlas moving that's all I really know of.

The neighborhoods around Wonder Wood park are a good mix of old and new. They have Mt. View Elementary, Komachin Middle School and Timberline HS.

Last edited by TacTown; 11-20-2015 at 03:59 PM..

Old 11-20-2015, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacTown View Post
Just stay away from the mushroom farm......Far far away. It smells so bad you can taste it.
Had no idea about that. Thanks for the info! I'm assuming it'd be similar to the feedlot smells we get around here.

Old 11-20-2015, 04:54 PM

3 posts, read 4,401 times
Olympia and Lacey are both great areas that offer everything you need. Olympia and Lacey Schools are all very good! (Sandy) from an earlier post gave you some good neighborhoods to check out. However, the housing for Renting is some what limited and it all depends on what you are needing? The Horizon Pointe area is also another good place to start. I hope that helps a little! You will enjoy living here in the Pacific Northwest especially if you enjoy the outdoors!

Old 11-20-2015, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Crocker View Post
Olympia and Lacey are both great areas that offer everything you need. Olympia and Lacey Schools are all very good! (Sandy) from an earlier post gave you some good neighborhoods to check out. However, the housing for Renting is some what limited and it all depends on what you are needing? The Horizon Pointe area is also another good place to start. I hope that helps a little! You will enjoy living here in the Pacific Northwest especially if you enjoy the outdoors!
We don't need a whole lot of room, just me and the fiance. The big issue is we have two boxers and EVERY single house rental has said "no pets, no exceptions." That's understandable, but frustrating. We wanted to rent a while before we buy to get a feel for the area we'd like to live, but that may not be a choice if no one wants to rent to me because I have dogs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington