Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2016, 06:34 PM

1,278 posts, read 2,915,303 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAZORAC View Post
If I lived in Washington, I don't think I'd ever get out of bed. This is deplorable.
If I were a troll like the OP, I don't think I'd ever get out of bed, either.
Bashing a place you've never even been to is deplorable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2016, 09:48 PM

844 posts, read 1,430,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PollyGlott View Post
If I were a troll like the OP, I don't think I'd ever get out of bed, either.
Bashing a place you've never even been to is deplorable.
I always wanted to pick the brain of the average Washingtonian, because I want to understand the mind of people who don't have a problem living in a place like Washington, unless they don't have an option.

Even the pictures are depressing to be honest with you.

Old 05-22-2016, 10:00 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,655,076 times
Taken today, at a friend's house. About 3 miles as the raven flies from that fake June photo.

Stay huddled in your sweaty sheets, TAZORAC, that icky water from the sky melts witches!
Attached Thumbnails
Isn't it depressing living in Washington? Out of Towners what about you?-1.jpg  

Last edited by jacqueg; 05-22-2016 at 10:24 PM..

Old 05-22-2016, 10:05 PM

17,186 posts, read 12,051,161 times
I'm miserable on a sunny day above 75 degrees, which certainly does happen here. But that's when I just head up to the mountains or to the beach. The natural beauty out here is just something words and pictures don't do justice. It's like living in a Bob Ross painting.

Last summer was dry as a bone with water conservation steps in place and we had temps above 100 degrees. Was a pretty miserable summer. Was glad when fall temps finally hit. But the gloom and rain you see above is typical in the dead of winter. Hardly year round unfortunately as I love those days. But I'm not a city person. I'm out hiking in that with good rain gear.

Old 05-22-2016, 10:25 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,641,876 times
The OP lives in Truth or Consequences, NM according to his CD profile, an absolute pit of a place and this is coming from someone that had to live in Clovis, NM for a year as a child. There is no comparison between Washington, the most beautiful state, IMO, and Truth or Consequences, NM. I'll take misty air, evergreen trees, salt water Puget Sound and fresh water lakes over cracked earth, dead grass, cactus and adobe buildings every time.

Apparently even the residents hate it, since it has lost population and is down to 6000 from a height of 7200 almost 20 years ago.

Old 05-22-2016, 10:32 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,655,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
The OP lives in Truth or Consequences, NM according to his CD profile, an absolute pit of a place and this is coming from someone that had to live in Clovis, NM for a year as a child. There is no comparison between Washington, the most beautiful state, IMO, and Truth or Consequences, NM. I'll take misty air, evergreen trees, salt water Puget Sound and fresh water lakes over cracked earth, dead grass, cactus and adobe buildings every time.

Apparently even the residents hate it, since it has lost population and is down to 6000 from a height of 7200 almost 20 years ago.
I grew up in Orange County, CA. I loved rain as a kid, and I still remember the first time I saw a river that ran all year and wasn't confined to a concrete channel. Left like a bat out of hell when I was 20 for the land of volcanoes and misty rain. That was almost 50 years ago. I've lived temporarily in a lot of places since then, but the wet side of the Cascades is my home. I've been known to stand laughing in a thunderstorm, just drinking it up. It's glorious.

Old 05-22-2016, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
I grew up in Orange County, CA. I loved rain as a kid, and I still remember the first time I saw a river that ran all year and wasn't confined to a concrete channel. Left like a bat out of hell when I was 20 for the land of volcanoes and misty rain. That was almost 50 years ago. I've lived temporarily in a lot of places since then, but the wet side of the Cascades is my home. I've been known to stand laughing in a thunderstorm, just drinking it up. It's glorious.
Completely agree. I have a friend that visits often and says they breathe better here and it's so pretty everywhere they don't know where to look. But hey, it's getting crowded so I'm not opposed to promoting gloomy skies.

Old 05-23-2016, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Taken today, at a friend's house. About 3 miles as the raven flies from that fake June photo.

Stay huddled in your sweaty sheets, TAZORAC, that icky water from the sky melts witches!
How long was the sun out jacqueq? like 2 hours until the gloom?

Old 05-23-2016, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post

I live in Las Vegas buddy

Old 05-23-2016, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAZORAC View Post
I live in Las Vegas buddy
So you left poor Truth or Consequences too? And still chose baking heat, brown everything and the sound of slot machines everywhere including the grocery stores? Glad you like it anyway. We enjoy lawns here, lawns that are greenest in December.

City of Las Vegas Turf Limits

Single-Family Homes

No new turf is allowed in front yards. New turf installed in side and rear yards may not exceed 50 percent, or 100 square feet, whichever is greater. Turf area dimension may not be more than 5,000 square feet.

Multifamily Homes (Apartments, Condos)

New turf is prohibited in common areas, except for public and privately-owned parks as long as turf area is not less than 10 feet.

Non-Residential Developments

New turf installation is prohibited, unless specifically permitted by approval of land use application.

https://www.snwa.com/consv/restrictions_turf_lv.html

Last edited by Seacove; 05-23-2016 at 08:02 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington