Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2016, 12:51 PM

9,182 posts, read 12,080,102 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuppaTea View Post
Thanks everyone for all the info and opinions so far. There's been an incredible amount of helpful input here.

Of all the things that were said, I have to say the story about mosquitoes has just about completely convinced me against going there, even with all the positive things that I've read. The thought of my dog being covered to that extent with them is horrible!

I can't stand seeing ONE!

Of course, I would never leave my dog outside in those conditions....but still, the fact that there are so many from the sound of it....I could not deal with that.
Mosquitoes? What mosquitoes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2016, 01:22 PM

28,107 posts, read 63,481,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botev1912 View Post
That's exactly what it is. When it is overcast and warm, people still think it's sunny.
I was working in Austria and they had a January sunny blue sky day with temps expected to hit 50... I saw families and sports types out in shorts just going for a walk or cycling...

The air was dead calm and all I heard about the next day was it was almost summer yesterday!

Old 08-10-2016, 05:02 PM

437 posts, read 433,823 times
LOLOLOL........that Portlandia Tube is so funny!!!

Old 08-10-2016, 05:03 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,641,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botev1912 View Post
Mosquitoes? What mosquitoes?
They're everywhere. And Zika!

Old 08-10-2016, 05:08 PM

Wouldn't it be a great compromise if San Diegans could start a house-swap-coop with WAtonians who all have homebased businesses (if we have to work) where we each live in the others' house for 6 months out of the year, then swap again, so we all get the best of both worlds??? It would totally cure everyone of their "the grass is always greener" elsewhere complaints..... LOL!

Old 08-10-2016, 05:15 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,641,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolochs View Post
Wouldn't it be a great compromise if San Diegans could start a house-swap-coop with WAtonians who all have homebased businesses (if we have to work) where we each live in the others' house for 6 months out of the year, then swap again, so we all get the best of both worlds??? It would totally cure everyone of their "the grass is always greener" elsewhere complaints..... LOL!
Except you're on the Washington forum. Our grass is literally greener and we don't want to go to San Diego.

Old 08-10-2016, 05:54 PM

Well Seacove, the offer would only be available to WAtonians who complain about all the rain up there and sound desperate for some Vit D. and part-time escape from the gloom & doom (which there seems to be quite a few of!). It would definitely have to be consensual adults with the freedom and flexibility to not be stuck in hardcore commitments anywhere - like with school-age children. And also people with a decent sense of humor. I wouldn't want some grump getting their Gloom Cooties all over my San Diego furniture. That stuff might never come out!

Old 08-10-2016, 09:24 PM

5,151 posts, read 4,498,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Except you're on the Washington forum. Our grass is literally greener and we don't want to go to San Diego.
Nope, I would def go back to SD for at least a couple of weeks during The Dead of Winter...Nov-Feb, but no one from SD would want to be here then, at least after the first few years, & the novelty of "Hey, it's Xmas & I'm not sweating, no Santa Ana's!" wears off.

Old 08-10-2016, 10:18 PM

6,885 posts, read 8,882,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolochs View Post
Well Seacove, the offer would only be available to WAtonians who complain about all the rain up there and sound desperate for some Vit D. and part-time escape from the gloom & doom (which there seems to be quite a few of!). It would definitely have to be consensual adults with the freedom and flexibility to not be stuck in hardcore commitments anywhere - like with school-age children. And also people with a decent sense of humor. I wouldn't want some grump getting their Gloom Cooties all over my San Diego furniture. That stuff might never come out!
is there swinging going on in your plan, carolochs

Old 08-10-2016, 11:13 PM

Sorry, no.
Totally in-love with and devoted to one and only one man in my life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington