Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2016, 09:13 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,497,233 times

Advertisements

I don't really have any comment on the UW vs. AL Peach Bowl game, MountainStatesResident. For now I will patiently wait for the game, but wait with an "inner intensity" of desire to see the game! I do love my Husky football. It will be a test, and a huge test for all of them. Just watching the points for and against may not be a true indicator of how well a team will play against a team they rarely play, but, the 2016 UW Husky team has a gargantuan positive number built up against how many points they gave up in the 2016 season. They have just manhandled teams this year, for the most part. The UW-SoCal game blew right past me, so I don't have any input on that game, or what went wrong with the U-Dub against USC.

As for our Seahawks, yes, MSR, I agree, it's great ta see Russell Wilson on a roll again. He was just an awesome quarterback last night, both running and throwing and executing plays to perfection. He is the best, I feel, at QB, in the NFL. I know Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees are pretty impressive, but RW is my favorite at getting things done. All three are very, very, very good, great actually, QB's. But Russell Wilson has that "Gary Payton" intensity and desire ta win that is so wonderful ta see. The Seahawk D will have to figure out how to live without Earl Thomas. I don't have an immediate answer to that, Terrell came in and got beat by that long pass from Cam Newton on the next play after Earl Thomas left the game with injury. But after that, and this is really important, the Seahawk D figured business out quite well, and totally shut the Panthers down. I really like the Seattle Seahawk's chances to reach the Super Bowl in early February 2017.

I should say that the boys will reach the Super Bowl, again. People, never underestimate how wonderful it is that we have both Pete Carroll as Head Coach but also Mr. John Schneider as our GM in Seattle. They are the best combo for those jobs in the NFL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2016, 05:50 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,877,334 times
It appears the road for the Hawks will go through Dallas at this point. So, this will be the biggest test, short of the Super Bowl.

Huskies vs. Alabama: More of an unknown, as pointed out, these teams and conferences rarely meet each other.

MLS Cup this Saturday: my prediction SEA 2-1.

Since I'm on a tirade here...Sonics back in business by 2019.

Last edited by pnwguy2; 12-05-2016 at 06:11 PM..

Old 12-05-2016, 08:25 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,497,233 times
Since I'm on a tirade here...Sonics back in business by 2019.

You get 25 bonus points for that one, pnwguy2. I have no idea when the planets will align for the coming back of the Seattle Supersonic's, but, it will happen. I don't have enough latest data on the development of The Key and/or Sodo Arena ta be able to speak intelligible about when it will happen.

Many, many people want it to happen, including Mr. Gary Payton and no doubt Mr. Shawn Kemp, too. I don't know if Mr. Lenny Wilkens cares to step ground in Seattle again after Clay Bennett and Co. from OKC ran him off back in 2008 for no good reason. Mr. Bennett is one of those guys who forces a person to remember and sometimes lament that NBA basketball is borne from money and iginited ta make owners more money. Who cares about trophies, past years accomplishments and boatloads of fervent fans past?

Old 12-05-2016, 09:12 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,440,097 times
Default Heisman Finalists

These are the finalists for the Heisman. I want to read the article in the middle as that is a huge question for me. If P5 teams won't schedule one or two of the "lower teams" then how can those teams progress to bigger and better conferences? Or is this a closed club?

Lamar Jackson, Deshaun Watson among Heisman Trophy finalists

And good luck in the MLS game Saturday

MSR

Old 12-05-2016, 10:42 PM

3,661 posts, read 2,945,273 times
Suppose to be under 30 degrees for the MLS cup game in Toronto. Someone please tell me why the soccer season ends in December?

Old 12-06-2016, 05:10 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,877,334 times
I agree, any sport that covers three, or borderline four distinct seasons of the year has a season too long.

Robert Wagman: MLS should seek to shorten its endless season.

Old 12-08-2016, 04:08 PM

8,071 posts, read 8,365,584 times
UW Volleyball plays Arizona in the 3rd Round of the NCAA Tournament at 11:30am PT on Friday. You can view the match through ESPN3: Watch Arizona vs. Washington (Regional Semifinal #2) Live Online at WatchESPN

If they win, they will meet the winner of the Nebraska-Penn State match on Saturday at 1:00pm PT on ESPNU, with the winner going to the Final Four.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington