Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2017, 10:29 AM

840 posts, read 761,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguy950 View Post
Weather and it's almost encouraged in WA? I'm not sure, but Seattle worries about the health consequences of soda and plastic bags, yet wants to provide shoot up sites in the city.
God isn't that the truth! It's total insanity there and I finally had to leave. It's been ruined by "progressives."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2017, 01:32 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,823,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinnumbers View Post
How bad is the secondary crime in the PNW because of drug addiction? I'm thinking primarily of property crime (thievery, basically) and prostitution, i.e., crimes that help pay for more drugs. Is it worse in the eastern halves of both states?
if you look at the drug map that was posted here the inland NW is not worse and in some counties better than the state or national average, especially for heroin.

Property crime rates (but not violent crime) is fairly high on both sides of the mountains.

Old 08-01-2017, 04:20 PM

2,251 posts, read 3,272,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinnumbers View Post
How bad is the secondary crime in the PNW because of drug addiction? I'm thinking primarily of property crime (thievery, basically) and prostitution, i.e., crimes that help pay for more drugs. Is it worse in the eastern halves of both states?
According to this from UW, with a few exceptions, meth rates are highest in the coastal counties and especially in southwest Washington. They don't have county-by-county stats on other drugs yet.

Washington state meth trends

Old 08-03-2017, 08:31 AM

513 posts, read 499,619 times
Oops wrong forum!

Last edited by jakebarnes; 08-03-2017 at 08:33 AM.. Reason: Wrong forum.

Old 08-03-2017, 01:37 PM

3,661 posts, read 2,948,846 times
Bellingham is rough, the Fred Meyer right off the freeway feels like a big city with all the weirdos and people asking for money. Potheads are here big time.

Old 10-11-2017, 05:02 PM

6 posts, read 8,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarciaMarshaMarcia View Post
Many of you frequent Washington/Seattle posters are constant California bashers, & I'm sick of it. Get over it.

Speedballs are nothing new, nor unique to Washington. John Belushi's cause of death was speedballing, only he could afford cocaine.

And as I stated earlier in this thread, drug use/abuse & all that goes with it, is a national problem, it is everywhere, unfortunately.
MarciaMarciaMarci, it isn't that we are anti Californian, we are actually anti-Orange County social climber-home on PCH types, just like people from NorCal.

Old 10-11-2017, 11:28 PM

638 posts, read 529,741 times
Our median and per capita incomes are in the top 10 so I would say if you think Washington is bad, move on to Canada my friend.

Lots of people come out west to solve their personal al problems. News flash, America: when you come out west you will still be you! We can’t help you not be you.

Maybe if we get the word out that geography will not solve your personal problems we will attract fewer disturbed migrants? I doubt it. People are lost and they keep going west and North until they hit a wall.

I don’t mind. That’s how I got here a generation ago thanks to my parents. Apologies to all the well-organized, teetotaling, nonsmoking, no-caffeine, anti-pot folks who came out here for a an upper class Puritan haven. We ruined it. Sorry.

Old 10-12-2017, 02:31 AM

4,696 posts, read 5,823,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neerwhal View Post
Our median and per capita incomes are in the top 10 so I would say if you think Washington is bad, move on to Canada my friend.

Lots of people come out west to solve their personal al problems. News flash, America: when you come out west you will still be you! We can’t help you not be you.

Maybe if we get the word out that geography will not solve your personal problems we will attract fewer disturbed migrants? I doubt it. People are lost and they keep going west and North until they hit a wall.

I don’t mind. That’s how I got here a generation ago thanks to my parents. Apologies to all the well-organized, teetotaling, nonsmoking, no-caffeine, anti-pot folks who came out here for a an upper class Puritan haven. We ruined it. Sorry.
I know a young woman here who lived in Michigan all her life, got in a fight with her family and just started driving West not really knowing where she would end up. She just kept driving and driving, ended up in Washington State at random and now has lived here a few years and plans on staying. She's not on drugs but is a kind of strange. Anyway I just wanted to confirm what you say really does happen.

Old 10-12-2017, 08:12 AM

3,260 posts, read 6,761,220 times
what Neerwahl is saying may well NOT be a popular take on it (especially from those that came to Californicate the area) but I'd have to say he's quite right. And it is sad. Even WITH the hugh presence and power of the so called "church" here in Utah, Salt Lake City is being consumed by what you've described along with every other splinter group that shall not be named or it would just be yanked from the post. Back in the 70's even Utah as backward as it may have seemingly been, was clean, organized and drug and gang free. Now it's just a big mess with the media hiding it all. I hope you folks in Washington have much better luck. It didn't do Curt Cobain much good.

Old 10-13-2017, 03:14 AM

5,151 posts, read 4,530,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcisive View Post
what Neerwahl is saying may well NOT be a popular take on it (especially from those that came to Californicate the area) but I'd have to say he's quite right. And it is sad. Even WITH the hugh presence and power of the so called "church" here in Utah, Salt Lake City is being consumed by what you've described along with every other splinter group that shall not be named or it would just be yanked from the post. Back in the 70's even Utah as backward as it may have seemingly been, was clean, organized and drug and gang free. Now it's just a big mess with the media hiding it all. I hope you folks in Washington have much better luck. It didn't do Curt Cobain much good.

^^^
I have no idea what the point of all the above was about, how California got tied into it, or what the late KURT Cobain’s involvement is, but if you want affordable Washington, maybe try his home town of Aberdeen. Come as you are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington