Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2017, 07:50 PM

323 posts, read 448,669 times

Advertisements

Nestled in the mountains, Concrete gets more clouds and rain than anywhere in Skagit County except for the smaller communities farther upriver. Rainfall increases to the east from Anacortes with 30 inches to Concrete with 75.

I grew up in Woolley in the 60s. Knew some Concrete guys. Many of the settlers that came for logging were from North Carolina, and some of the kids had their parents' Tarheel accent.

Last edited by Jiff; 10-13-2017 at 08:11 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2017, 09:16 PM

5,151 posts, read 4,523,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcisive View Post
Like it or NOT Marcia, it's NOT a lie nor imagination. It's rather well documented.

Uhhhh...you missed the point...I am now a Washingtonian, but I was a native-born, lived-there-all-my-life, Southern Californian, & proud of it. I was never a millionaire & I was never a welfare recipient. I just worked hard. There are a lot of us, we got shoved out, just like lots of people all over the world are displaced. So, kindly shut the heck up about rich Californians & “Californication”...the latter was an old song by the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

Old 10-14-2017, 11:46 PM

861 posts, read 1,061,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiff View Post
Nestled in the mountains, Concrete gets more clouds and rain than anywhere in Skagit County except for the smaller communities farther upriver. Rainfall increases to the east from Anacortes with 30 inches to Concrete with 75.

I grew up in Woolley in the 60s. Knew some Concrete guys. Many of the settlers that came for logging were from North Carolina, and some of the kids had their parents' Tarheel accent.
Did the Tarheel kids grow up to be cheaters like their parents?
Couldn't resist.

Last edited by wolfdog; 10-14-2017 at 11:47 PM.. Reason: clarity

Old 10-19-2017, 10:35 PM

4,168 posts, read 2,565,712 times
Marcia, do you follow him to each place he posts, and complain about his perspective? I've seen you on another thread of his getting angry at his opinion which is fact. Move on with your life here in Wa, enjoy the beauty and don't take everything so personally. I had to move from Wa, and miss it terribly. That is why I'm reading these threads. A number of years ago I had an interest in Concrete, but glad I didn't follow up on it. He is correct in that people moving from Cali are driving up prices. It's the well to do ones, not regular people that drive up prices. Maybe not you personally, but still. It's fact that there is resentment. It's turned into more of a grudge match from you than anything. Relax, and take up a new hobby, something to work off stress.

It's not just Washington, but here is some backup for what we are saying. And he isn't the only one saying it:

Go away, Californians! We don't like you!

Californians are driving up home prices in other states. - Mar. 10, 2005

Keep out Californians: How high home prices in California migrate into other states where Californians follow. » Dr. Housing Bubble Blog

Center for the Study of the Pacific Northwest

Getting offended at people for speaking the truth is pointless, and uses up precious energy that could be used for better things.

Old 10-19-2017, 10:48 PM

Here is a very large thread about the same fact mentioned above:

//www.city-data.com/forum/washi...gly-truth.html

----------------------------------------------------------------

Old 10-20-2017, 03:14 AM

5,151 posts, read 4,523,595 times
^^^Another one. Do you actually live in Washington OR California? My guess is “no”.

Old 10-20-2017, 08:22 AM

Marcia, your guess is wrong. You are arguing with reality. Yes, I grew up in southern California for 20yrs till the early 70's when husband back then who was in the Navy moved us to the east coast. And I lived on the Olympic Peninsula till this fall for approx 3 1/2 yrs. The Sequim market is hot with a very low inventory because of it's popularity. It's common knowledge there.

http://www.sequimgazette.com/news/ex...sales-soaring/

Even if I never lived in either of those places I can still read, and comment on current events. No need to be unpleasant to those who are informed.

I must add that imho people with lower incomes really have little affect on housing prices compared to wealthy people who see the lower prices as real bargains. So you, and I won't be jacking up the home prices like they would. At least I won't. It's the well to to folks who are doing it, not the regular working stiffs, or low income retired people like me who are priced out of the equation. From what you have said in past posts you were escaping the higher costs in Cali too. Essentially we are all on the same side as the places we love have rapidly become unaffordable. Unless you just like to argue, then there is nothing any of us can say that would bring reason into this discussion.

Last edited by mlulu23; 10-20-2017 at 08:55 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington