Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2017, 03:40 PM

2 posts, read 1,393 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone,

I moved to Renton, WA for my job and so far it has been great! I have been able to get out more and visit some forests and do some hiking, as well as exploring other parts of nature here (this state is really beautiful!) As we approach fall and winter, I don't want the weather get in the way of exploration. Can you recommend some great parks/forests/mountains/activities to do or visit during the fall and winter months?
Even if only part of something is open that is fine, but if it is worth visiting in winter I will go! I am up for traveling too, so feel free to put out options beyond the Puget Sound area. Also, I am a sucker for landscapes in autumn so if you have one that is must-see let me know!!

Here are some places I would like to visit but will probably wait until next spring or summer:
Moran State Park
Olympic National Forest
Mt Rainier

Thanks all!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2017, 04:05 PM

8,154 posts, read 8,198,114 times
Anything on the east side of the mountains is going to have more deciduous trees and brilliant autumn colors. Roslyn is one of my favorites, Leavenworth can be a bit kitschy at times but has great color and is fun. Spokane is really pretty in autumn.

Old 09-03-2017, 04:27 PM

14,305 posts, read 11,780,231 times
If you can get in during September or before the weather turns, do Mt. St. Helens. It's a must for anyone who is new to the area. And although the area is logging country, and mostly planted in evergreens, there is some nice fall color on the way up!

MUST be a clear day to go. Don't go if it's gonna be cloudy at Johnston Ridge. There's a volcano cam at Johnston Ridge, you can check. - sorry on phone now, don't have time to google it, but you can!

Old 09-03-2017, 07:38 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,559 posts, read 57,471,708 times
Columbia Gorge, Fit in a Wine Weekend.
Home* |* Columbia Gorge Wine Country

There can be nice colors in the gorge, as well as nearby spots like Hood River Valley, The Dalles, OR and Maryhill WA.
Stonehenge Memorial & Klickitat County Veterans’ Memorials | Maryhill Museum of Art
Maryhill Museum of Art

Goldendale observatory.
Visit - Goldendale Observatory

Walla Walla / Blue Mtns is nice (SE WA, as is Spokane / Palouse / Moscow, ID)

We will be doing a fall loop through Spokane / Sandpoint, BC rockies and back down through the Okanogan (BC and WA).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington