Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2017, 03:46 PM

576 posts, read 2,260,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by envygirl View Post
I have seen a lot of rentals on CL in PA running around 850
$850 for rent? Not likely unless you're talking about an apartment or an older small 1 bed/1 bath home.

Here is a link for one of the property managers in our area as an example. Take a look at their rental listings and you'll get a feel for current rental rates (which have been climbing steadily over the past year or so). You won't see a whole lot available as the rental market is fairly tight here:

Supreme Olympic Property Management

I know you want to buy a home but most on CD suggest renting for a period of time when moving to a completely new area to make sure it's a good fit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2017, 03:52 PM

8,171 posts, read 8,299,480 times
Pretty attractive to be able to hop on a ferry from Port Angeles and head to Canada when Trump's storm troopers move in .

Old 10-11-2017, 04:50 PM

3,260 posts, read 6,759,259 times
You've got it backward. It's the Democrats that wish to completely disarm the American public so they can more easily take us over. NOT Trump. Get a clue

Old 10-11-2017, 07:07 PM

638 posts, read 529,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by envygirl View Post
Yes for rent. They run higher then that it just depends how close you are to the coast.
I have seen a lot of rentals on CL in PA running around 850-up but I would want to buy instead of renting.
I don't swim in this ocean lol it's gross and it's not uncommon to see fins in the water. I bought an above ground pool due to how gross the water is lol
I mean, we have fish in our ocean as well, and therefore, fish poo, bird feathers, bird poo, all kinds of stuff. Sometimes there are huge swaths of dead jellyfish in the water, though that's not typical.

The ocean is super cold. It's not at all like the ocean down by Florida, Cuba, all those places. You need a wetsuit or to really be hard core. I mean you might like it. I've lived here my whole life and I just run in and shiver my way out.

Old 10-12-2017, 11:36 AM

6,223 posts, read 3,408,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
The navy base on Whidbey Island has been flying "new" (as of a couple of years ago) extremely high-decibel "Growler" jets over Sequim to military exercises on the west side of the Olympic Peninsula. The noise level has been documented as being above allowable levels for health. Some residents moved out, due to the severity and frequency of the nuisance. Where the matter stands now, I don't know. The Sequim city council went to the naval base on Whidbey to meet with officials about it, that's all I know. Perhaps someone here will have an update.
I am sure the OP is not as concerned as you are about the Navy fly overs, I know I am not. The OP wanted to know about the ins and outs of the area not knee jerk reactions.
I have lived in Sequim for years and I hear more aircraft noise from prop planes flying in and out of the Sequim airport as the flight path is right over Sequim. There seems to be a increase in CG chopper flights.

Old 10-12-2017, 11:41 AM

9 posts, read 42,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dendrite View Post
$850 for rent? Not likely unless you're talking about an apartment or an older small 1 bed/1 bath home.

Here is a link for one of the property managers in our area as an example. Take a look at their rental listings and you'll get a feel for current rental rates (which have been climbing steadily over the past year or so). You won't see a whole lot available as the rental market is fairly tight here:

Supreme Olympic Property Management

I know you want to buy a home but most on CD suggest renting for a period of time when moving to a completely new area to make sure it's a good fit.
https://olympic.craigslist.org/apa/d...327395241.html

https://seattle.craigslist.org/kit/a...340966539.html

https://seattle.craigslist.org/kit/a...313521168.html

Way more affordable than Florida housing.

Thank you for the link.

Old 10-12-2017, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neerwhal View Post
It will be hard to capture everything here.

The gray is real. Really real. No sun for months. I can't understate this. It's the #1 reason people leave.
BS...the Seattle area has more gray days and twice the rain then in Sequim. Every area in the world has gray days even Arizona.

Old 10-12-2017, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homesinseattle View Post
Pretty attractive to be able to hop on a ferry from Port Angeles and head to Canada when Trump's storm troopers move in .
That was totally uncalled for...you must be still smarting for voting for that loser Hillary.

Old 10-12-2017, 11:47 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
I am sure the OP is not as concerned as you are about the Navy fly overs, I know I am not. The OP wanted to know about the ins and outs of the area not knee jerk reactions.
I have lived in Sequim for years and I hear more aircraft noise from prop planes flying in and out of the Sequim airport as the flight path is right over Sequim. There seems to be a increase in CG chopper flights.
She asked about pros, cons and quirks. The Growlers have been a big issue for many people in the area, I thought it only fair to mention it. What does this have to do with "knee-jerk reactions"? Maybe the Growler issue has been mitigated in some way, since it flared up a couple of years ago; that would be good news.

Old 10-12-2017, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neerwhal View Post
I mean, we have fish in our ocean as well, and therefore, fish poo, bird feathers, bird poo, all kinds of stuff. Sometimes there are huge swaths of dead jellyfish in the water, though that's not typical.

The ocean is super cold. It's not at all like the ocean down by Florida, Cuba, all those places. You need a wetsuit or to really be hard core. I mean you might like it. I've lived here my whole life and I just run in and shiver my way out.
More misinformation...swimming in shallow ocean water like Hollywood beach in PA or Fort Worden in PT has plenty of swimmers in the summer months.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington