Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2018, 02:50 PM

17,301 posts, read 12,228,591 times

Advertisements

No, the opposite. I'm headed for cooler weather in summer. Live here for a reason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2018, 02:57 PM

8,213 posts, read 16,686,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
No, the opposite. I'm headed for cooler weather in summer. Live here for a reason.
Oh yeah. I'm sure some love all of it, including the gray, similar to those who live in Alaska or Phoenix and wouldn't have it any other way.

However, summer would be the main time I would want to stay and enjoy the glorious season in WA when its warmest in the mountains, national parks, coast, etc... This is when you can see Mt. Rainier and the other peaks from far away. You can swim in the swimming holes, enjoy the explosive wildflower blooms, etc... Fall would be next for fall colors. For cooler weather you just have to go higher in elevation. At 10K+ its a whole different world.

When we lived in CO and the natives came out of hibernation, summer was *the* season for folks to take time off work and enjoy the glories of the Rockies including hiking to high alpine lakes, rivers, wildflowers, etc... Fall was awesome also though much colder. Spring was messy with most lakes still frozen, trails covered in snow and late season blizzards.

Derek

Last edited by MtnSurfer; 01-26-2018 at 03:16 PM..

Old 01-26-2018, 03:59 PM

Yeah, cooler weather is luckily found nearby at the beach or in the mountains. Which is where you'll find me on those 100 degree summer days.

Old 01-26-2018, 08:46 PM

6,893 posts, read 8,929,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnSurfer View Post
Oh yeah. I'm sure some love all of it, including the gray, similar to those who live in Alaska or Phoenix and wouldn't have it any other way.

However, summer would be the main time I would want to stay and enjoy the glorious season in WA when its warmest in the mountains, national parks, coast, etc... This is when you can see Mt. Rainier and the other peaks from far away. You can swim in the swimming holes, enjoy the explosive wildflower blooms, etc... Fall would be next for fall colors. For cooler weather you just have to go higher in elevation. At 10K+ its a whole different world.

When we lived in CO and the natives came out of hibernation, summer was *the* season for folks to take time off work and enjoy the glories of the Rockies including hiking to high alpine lakes, rivers, wildflowers, etc... Fall was awesome also though much colder. Spring was messy with most lakes still frozen, trails covered in snow and late season blizzards.

Derek
Where are these swimming holes you speak of? Tell us your top 2-3 ones if you may.

Old 01-26-2018, 09:57 PM

8,213 posts, read 16,686,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloom View Post
Where are these swimming holes you speak of? Tell us your top 2-3 ones if you may.
Sure, how about the top 50.
https://www.outdoorproject.com/blog-...swimming-holes

Derek

Old 01-27-2018, 12:07 PM

1,950 posts, read 3,525,630 times
We actually do have clear and sunny days interspersed with darker, cloudy days during the winter. I'm fascinated by the weather, it creates amazing cloud effects over the water in my town! I rarely wear a coat of any kind b/c the rain is typically a mist, and I don't really get cold. There is an indoor culture with toasty coffee shops, bookstores, theater, restaurants, etc... life doesn't stop or feel depressing for me, though I did in Seattle for some reason b/c of the traffic and pavement. Hmm.

Old 01-27-2018, 12:14 PM

Yeah it’s pretty much short sleeves for me year round here. Only throwing on a light jacket or flannel on those rare cold snaps to freezing temps.

Definitely have to be willing to go out in the rain. Usually such a small amount that you don’t even really get wet. Lots of hiking opportunities under the cover of trees to be had which won’t even require any rain gear on a heavier rain day.

Old 01-27-2018, 02:59 PM

6,893 posts, read 8,929,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnSurfer View Post
nice list, link, photos

Old 01-29-2018, 02:48 PM

8,169 posts, read 8,289,381 times
Yup, Colombia and Ecuador are two of my favorites.

Old 01-31-2018, 12:57 PM

472 posts, read 525,989 times
Vancouver, WA (March-July)(Oct-Nov)
San Juan's, WA (Aug & September)
Central Coast, CA (Dec-Feb)

And a whole lot of flights in between. I love all three locations for different reasons depending on the time of the year.

If I had to pick just one it would be Vancouver (the main house) like others have said, spring seems to lasts forever!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington