Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2018, 08:36 PM

26 posts, read 38,763 times

Advertisements

We just left Sequim this AM. Met a realtor online & thought it was clear what we were looking for. She showed us CRAP. Old places, fixer uppers, too big, too much land.

We're retired. We want to downsize & have less yard work. Narrowed it down without her help to Jennie's Meadow, Solana, or Heritage Hendrickson Park.

We met some very nice ladies in HHP. We were touring an existing home for sale. It's a little high priced. The owner had it painted Mustard Gold Butternut Squash Yellow inside & out. We promised we would change the
exterior color pretty quick. Trouble is, we wanted to compare ordering a NEW home from scratch. The company we were to contact did not return our calls or email & were not in the office when we came by 2-3 times. Does anyone here live in this park or know someone who does? I didn't get those ladies' phone #'s & we drove thru it this AM before we got on 101 to drive home. Not a soul out. We're headed back to ID with no idea how to get a house set up if our ID house sells. I started a FB page for HHP residents. We'd like to live
there but how do you break the code? The yellow one's owner won't go contingent.

Thanks. People were real friendly, loved the weather, but couldn't find a place to live.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2018, 06:32 AM

3 posts, read 3,880 times
We are closing on property in two weeks. Been searching for a year. Tyler Conkle, Windermere Sunland is our realtor. He is great, researched in depth and properties, sent us listing, stayed in contact, great communication. Good luck in your search. Medical care and Internet are the only negatives.

Old 03-18-2018, 10:52 AM

6,224 posts, read 3,409,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorie53 View Post
We just left Sequim this AM. Met a realtor online & thought it was clear what we were looking for. She showed us CRAP. Old places, fixer uppers, too big, too much land.

We're retired. We want to downsize & have less yard work. Narrowed it down without her help to Jennie's Meadow, Solana, or Heritage Hendrickson Park.

We met some very nice ladies in HHP. We were touring an existing home for sale. It's a little high priced. The owner had it painted Mustard Gold Butternut Squash Yellow inside & out. We promised we would change the
exterior color pretty quick. Trouble is, we wanted to compare ordering a NEW home from scratch. The company we were to contact did not return our calls or email & were not in the office when we came by 2-3 times. Does anyone here live in this park or know someone who does? I didn't get those ladies' phone #'s & we drove thru it this AM before we got on 101 to drive home. Not a soul out. We're headed back to ID with no idea how to get a house set up if our ID house sells. I started a FB page for HHP residents. We'd like to live
there but how do you break the code? The yellow one's owner won't go contingent.

Thanks. People were real friendly, loved the weather, but couldn't find a place to live.
Did you go to the office of Hendrickson Park on the corner of 7th and Hendrickson? I had a manufactured home, on my own lot, set up using Hendrickson and was very satisfied with the results. On Fir Street off of 7th ave going west are several manufactured homes all set up my Hendrickson, all on owners own property.

The reason I didn't want to buy in Hendrickson Park is because you can't own the property, lease only, which is subject to price increases which would be a burden to fix income people IMO.

Old 03-18-2018, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superplumber_mi View Post
We are closing on property in two weeks. Been searching for a year. Tyler Conkle, Windermere Sunland is our realtor. He is great, researched in depth and properties, sent us listing, stayed in contact, great communication. Good luck in your search. Medical care and Internet are the only negatives.
What concerns with medical and internet service are you referring to? I have lived in Sequim for 18 years and I have never had those concerns.

Old 03-18-2018, 09:38 PM

Yes, we went to the office on the corner of 7th & Hendrickson. Closed. Called twice, calls not returned. Sent email, no response. We were told they sold the park. They don't care any more. This was a Friday. We drove all the way from Idaho to look. Had to leave next day. We looked at an existing home Thursday. The seller didn't want to do a contingency. We went to the office to check into a new home & the lady in the office wasn't helpful. Told us it would be months before one could be set up. She gave us ONE app when we are a couple & it says one must be filled out for each resident. Guess they don't want new people moving in? We thought it looked perfect for our needs. Don't like not owning the land either but we don't want to live outside of town on an acre either. We want the friendliness of senior neighbors around us. Internet worked great at our hotel, close to the park. Saw lots of Dr offices. Didn't make an appt & I'm sure there'll be a wait but I'm not deathly ill. Just might need hip work.

Old 03-19-2018, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorie53 View Post
Yes, we went to the office on the corner of 7th & Hendrickson. Closed. Called twice, calls not returned. Sent email, no response. We were told they sold the park. They don't care any more. This was a Friday. We drove all the way from Idaho to look. Had to leave next day. We looked at an existing home Thursday. The seller didn't want to do a contingency. We went to the office to check into a new home & the lady in the office wasn't helpful. Told us it would be months before one could be set up. She gave us ONE app when we are a couple & it says one must be filled out for each resident. Guess they don't want new people moving in? We thought it looked perfect for our needs. Don't like not owning the land either but we don't want to live outside of town on an acre either. We want the friendliness of senior neighbors around us. Internet worked great at our hotel, close to the park. Saw lots of Dr offices. Didn't make an appt & I'm sure there'll be a wait but I'm not deathly ill. Just might need hip work.
Yes it takes a couple months to set a manufacture home....when I had it done I got to pick out what I wanted including in the home. So yes it takes time for the manufacture to pre-built what I wanted. And including city permits and hooking up to water, electric and sewer...time is not on your side if you are in a hurry.
I was not aware of Hendrickson going out of business but there are several others builders in the area.

If you need any kind of major surgery you may have to go to Seattle but for anything minor OMC in either Sequim or PA is okay.

Old 03-20-2018, 09:04 PM

No, they're not out of business. They sold it. We were given a phone # to call but it's just the new manager. He told me he only gets involved after you've moved in. We can't seem to get any information on how to GET a home to move in to. There is one existing home we're trying to buy but our home being sold in Idaho is going very slow. I asked the realtor to lower the price on our house here & he's not doing it. I'm about ready to fire him. My husband thinks the homes come from OR but we have no idea what company makes them or where it's located. He thinks we have to drive to OR to look at a model but I can't believe they make everyone drive there to look at one. My husband talked to a very nice man who was installing a new home. They have about five in line that are getting set up. If we were the 6th one to move in, I don't think it would be until next fall. I'd like the existing home because it's move-in-ready.

Old 03-22-2018, 10:42 PM

638 posts, read 529,619 times
It is a seller's market. I am sure the people selling the homes don't think they are crap.

Did you make an appointment before driving from Idaho?

Have you looked at Zillow or Redfin?

I realize Sequim is not Seattle, but frankly, it is a great place and they don't have to roll out the red carpet. If you don't buy, someone else will.

It sounds like you have really specific requirements. Think about it from the perspective of a realtor. They could close a house every few days with less demanding clients or they could work with people who ridicule houses online and and when they find a home they like they ask for a lower price! And on top of it you have some question about closing due to your house in Idaho not selling.

Quote:
I can't believe they make everyone drive there to look at one
Why not?

The market is white hot. You aren't the only retirees. You want something you may have to work really hard to get it.

That said, there may be models in Washington or Idaho. Find the model online and ask the builders where they can be viewed in WA.

Old 03-23-2018, 05:33 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,578 posts, read 81,186,228 times
Try Gig Harbor. There are gated 55+ communities of newer mobiles that look like stick-built homes there that are very reasonable. A friend has one, paid about $125k and the land rent is about $700.

Old 03-23-2018, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
Try Gig Harbor. There are gated 55+ communities of newer mobiles that look like stick-built homes there that are very reasonable. A friend has one, paid about $125k and the land rent is about $700.
$700 lease on the property after paying $125K for the home...outrageous. I bet if they leave for what ever reason they will lose on the cost of the home. I mean who in their right mind would pay for a house and have a double payment...one for the house and one for the property? Crazy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington