Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 08:47 PM

113 posts, read 341,988 times

Advertisements

Nice pictures and Lovely area.

Looks more like the East then the West.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2008, 09:13 PM

615 posts, read 1,171,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by myersperry View Post
Love, love, love the pics. Thinking of moving there. It looks great! How much rain do you get??
The weather from Portland up to Seattle is virtually the same.
40 inches of rain a year. Most days the skies are dark grey and gloomy.
Not many sunny days, but the summers are mild and mostly sunny.

Old 05-04-2009, 12:27 AM

1 posts, read 3,141 times
I want to open a resturant in Olympia. How is the dining scene there. I live in Port Angeles Wa. How is the weather in Olympia? I dont mind all kinds of weather. I just dont like it if its grey and depressing ALL the time.

Old 06-11-2009, 03:34 PM

24 posts, read 99,262 times
WOW PRPL, thanks so much for the photos, you should have a web-site, thanks for taking the time!
I noticed you moved there in '08. Do you still love it? I will be relocating within a few years with schools, community, a sense of belonging and easy shopping for necessities being important. Thanks so much for bringing Olympia closer to the top of my list!

Old 06-11-2009, 04:04 PM

479 posts, read 2,223,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WA state View Post
WOW PRPL, thanks so much for the photos, you should have a web-site, thanks for taking the time!
I noticed you moved there in '08. Do you still love it? I will be relocating within a few years with schools, community, a sense of belonging and easy shopping for necessities being important. Thanks so much for bringing Olympia closer to the top of my list!

Aren't those great pictures? I didnt actually take them, but I like to post the link to them because they are so pretty. I love Olympia!

Old 09-04-2009, 12:40 PM

3 posts, read 5,771 times
Wow, this city looks just amazing. I would love to get up to the NW for a visit. I've never seen so much greenery, and the downtown area looks really quaint and pretty. How would this area be for young, single people? I'm guessing it's more for families, but thought I'd ask anyway...thanks!

Old 09-04-2009, 04:00 PM

1,292 posts, read 4,703,263 times
Did u drive nonstop or with breaks, if so how many? How long did it take driving to there and how much gas?

Old 09-04-2009, 04:43 PM

36 posts, read 229,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders15 View Post
Did u drive nonstop or with breaks, if so how many? How long did it take driving to there and how much gas?
We drove here over five days. We planned it so we would be in Colorado to visit my wife's family after three days, then spent two more days driving from there to Olympia (it actually took part of a sixth day as well, but that was because of problems with the rental truck that made us run late on the fifth day). I have no idea how much gas it took, but it was a lot, and it was when gas was getting close to $4 per gallon.

The drive could be done in four days with nightly stops, I think. We didn't leave Orlando until about 3 PM, so the first day was short. We spent the first night somewhere in central Georgia, the second just past St. Louis, the third in Colorado Springs (with my wife's family), the fourth near the Utah/Idaho border, and the fifth (unplanned) night in The Dalles, Oregon (only about three hours from Olympia). It also may have taken slighly less time if we didn't stop in Colorado. While we didn't spend any more time than the night there, it was slightly out of the way. If we hadn't stopped there and had put in 12 hours of driving a day, we could've easily made it in four days.

Kris

Old 09-04-2009, 04:46 PM

36 posts, read 229,224 times
By the way, for those who haven't seen them, I also posted some Olympia photos from last fall (late October) here:
//www.city-data.com/forum/washi...n-olympia.html

And some photos of the rare winter snow last December here:
//www.city-data.com/forum/washi...w-olympia.html

Kris

Old 03-24-2010, 05:36 PM

479 posts, read 2,223,265 times
I love to look at these pictures.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington