Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2019, 12:05 PM

101 posts, read 134,185 times

Advertisements

IS there a hospital for this area ? Emergency clinics ? How varied are the services. Also what about Dentist offices?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2019, 12:20 PM

467 posts, read 526,400 times
Chelan has a small hospital and ER. There are a few dentists. Most medical care is done in Wenatchee, about 45 minutes away (longer in winter). Chelan folk seem to schedule medical appointments when it is convenient, then do their city errands while they are in Wenatchee...Costco, Home Depot, large grocery store, etc. However, Chelan does have a Super Walmart just north of town.

Old 05-04-2019, 04:41 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,492,443 times
We lived in Manson for 5 months. The hospital is small in Chelan (8 miles east of Manson) but my wife got great advice from the ER Doctor in the small hospital in Chelan. She had stroke symptoms but called the hospital. It was like a house call without going in, because the woman doctor asked my wife a series of questions that led her to believe she had Bells Palsy. And my wife did have Bells Palsy. Which was from Lyme's Disease that she contracted in Kansas City from a tick bite. Missouri and their ticks! Missouri is thick with ticks. We had them both there, our back yard was so full of thick grass and I struggled to keep it mowed down it grew so fast.

My wife recovered from both Bells Palsy and Lyme's Disease, and the doctor from the Chelan Hospital played a pivotal part in figuring out what was going on. I was at work in Wenatchee when she called during the "emergency phase." She had a bit of the numbness on one side of her face, but once she went to the doctor in Wenatchee and got medicine and started taking it, she recovered quickly from the symptoms.

I guess business was light that night at the Chelan Hospital and she had time on her hands. We owe her a debt of gratitude, though. So our review of the Chelan Hospital is a very favorable one!

Old 05-04-2019, 08:33 PM

6,321 posts, read 7,041,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
I guess business was light that night at the Chelan Hospital and she had time on her hands. We owe her a debt of gratitude, though. So our review of the Chelan Hospital is a very favorable one!
Probably broke up her card game, though.

Had great service from GP's in the Wenatchee Valley in the past. Good GP's.....really impressed.

These days, however, it is difficult to get a doctor or even an appointment in less than three months.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington