Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Can Inslee get the Nomination?
Yes, he can get the Nom 4 9.76%
No, he can't 30 73.17%
Too early to tell 7 17.07%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2019, 01:22 PM

3,697 posts, read 2,416,968 times

Advertisements

As we've assumed for some time, Inslee officially declared his run for President.

Do you think he has a chance to contend?

What's your opinion of him?

https://www.wect.com/2019/01/02/wash...ing-president/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2019, 02:08 PM

129 posts, read 150,811 times
Default Jay wants to be Prez

But of all the stupid issues to run on. That won't get him anywhere in non-coastal states

https://www.wect.com/2019/01/02/wash...ing-president/

(Gray TV) - Jay Inslee, the governor of Washington state, is running for president with a single-issue focus on climate change.

The governor’s intention to compete for the Democratic nomination was announced in an article published Wednesday in The Atlantic.

Inslee has served as governor of the state since 2012. One of focuses has been environmental concerns in the state, including reducing the use of fossil fuels while pushing alternative energy development and boosting green jobs, according to his bio.

As governor, he also has pushed for investments in education, creating jobs, supporting workers and boosting the state’s transparency, his official bio said.

He is co-chair and co-founder of the U.S. Climate Alliance, a bipartisan group of 17 governors who seek to implement the policy goals of the Paris Agreement.

Old 01-02-2019, 03:37 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,999,816 times
Jay who? That's what people elsewhere around the US will say. I wonder if there will be any Repubs, who will try to challenge their incumbent, for the job.

Old 01-02-2019, 03:47 PM

129 posts, read 150,811 times
Just remember people said that about Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton.

And the conspiracy theory going around is that Nikki Haley and John Kasich are preparing to team up against Trump in the primary. That's why she quit.

Old 01-02-2019, 04:06 PM

438 posts, read 377,115 times
There are so many bigger and more convincing names out there that I can't see why you would want to spend the time and money. Honestly Jay never came off to me as a particularly strong governor and he's got pretty low charisma compared to most politicians on his level and it's hard to imagine people outside of WA/PNW getting excited for him or his policies.

My guess is he's attempting more than anything to get a WH position alongside the next Democrat. I've worked in politics before and it's extremely common for people to run with a goal of earning a appointed position after the election. They can use their connections and new networks they gathered while campaigning and unite groups that had split among candidates during the election. As far as I know Jay has been planning on this for the last 10 years so it's been expected, but I feel that he's jumping the gun at the wrong time for himself and the Democratic Party

Overall I don't have a huge issue with Jay (his lack of action regarding homelessness, addiction, and school funding are my main issues; but that can be said for most if not all WA politicians) and he doesn't have many faults in my eyes that would disqualify him. But he's not a man of action and when you have politicians like Biden and Warren who seem to do more for the Democratic Party on a national scale you kinda think he would spend his money elsewhere where more can be done for the party and people.

Old 01-02-2019, 05:30 PM

6,321 posts, read 7,054,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traxan View Post

\
Yeah, but they were pretty smart people. Not the best in the common sense arena, but smart.

Jay, isn't very smart, nor does he have much common sense.

Besides, how can you run on a climate change agenda when you gave Boeing 10 BILLION dollars!!!

I assume you have heard the quote "when the world ends, Boeing will be there".

Climate change is just ONE of the scenarios where Boeing will be there.

Old 01-02-2019, 05:45 PM

1,517 posts, read 991,998 times
Too soon to tell. But if 2016 was any indication, anything could happen.

Old 01-02-2019, 05:59 PM

545 posts, read 411,989 times
Good luck to him. Like others have said, I find him a perfectly adequate, if not particularly exciting, governor. My guess is that he will get lost in the shuffle. It might be hard for a little-known white man not named Beto to get far in 2020. I think the best he can hope for is possibly a VP spot on someone else's ticket (like Gary Locke's name was thrown around for VP back in 2000).

Old 01-02-2019, 07:03 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,999,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traxan View Post

And the conspiracy theory going around is that Nikki Haley and John Kasich are preparing to team up against Trump in the primary. That's why she quit.
Carter came after Tricky Dick's moral bankruptcy. It was an exceptional case. The bit about Haley and Kasich is interesting. Thanks for the news!

Old 01-02-2019, 07:08 PM

1,889 posts, read 2,201,945 times
Lol just lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington