Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2019, 08:22 PM

8,065 posts, read 8,325,306 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
Crazy Donkey.... I may be remembering a little of both the Tokeland Hotel, and the Klalaloch. And I'm fuzzy enough to not be sure I haven't got them confused. They're both great old beach hotels.
Kalaloch...you've got one too many l's.

I've visited the Tokeland Hotel, but haven't stayed or eaten there. Both are fairly rustic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2019, 08:30 PM

14,416 posts, read 11,954,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDonkey View Post
Kalaloch...you've got one too many l's.

Thanks... I thought it seemed like a lot of l's but who am I to judge?

Old 09-24-2019, 06:15 PM

2,360 posts, read 1,425,113 times
The best “rain forest experience”is the Quinault. The road goes around the north & south shore of the lake & there are lots of hiking trails & fewer peeps.

Old 09-24-2019, 06:33 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,806,519 times
As others have mentioned, the rainy season is usually in full swing by mid-October. However, this year has been wetter earlier. Agree about the winter storms...they can be exhilarating.

Old 09-25-2019, 07:13 AM

5,281 posts, read 3,038,282 times
I have been trying to go to Dungeness Crab Festival in Port Angeles for several years.
It might be going on during your stay.
Hey what can I say, I like crab and it looks fun.
I even drove through it a couple times driving home from Vancouver Island but didn’t have time to stop.
Last year I even had vacation time scheduled for it but was closing on a house up near there the week after the festival so I had to reschedule my time off.
My wife is going up there this year to deal with some contractors and stuff like that.
Sadly I projects that will keep me away.
Heck that festival might even suck but I still want to check it out.
The Oly Pen has a bunch of things to do so I did doings day trips up there.
I am not really into festivals I rather be hiking or chilling out on the water.
Surprisingly enough my dad and I had a great day wine tasting up there.
I never would have thought since we are about an hour away from The Napa Valley.
Have fun on your trip.
Andy.

Old 09-30-2019, 10:19 AM

104 posts, read 132,631 times
Definitely go to Ruby Beach and (my fav) Second Beach near LaPush...2nd Beach has a great mix of forest and ocean... Nice hike, gorgeous scenery. Get a tide table and try to plan your visit when tide is out. You won't regret it. There is a great restaurant in LaPush called River's Edge... We ended up eating 3x there on our last visit this past summer and we weren't disappointed once. We stayed in a small cabin near La Push / Forks called Manitou Lodge. Cozy. Quiet. Restful after a day of hiking. We wish we could squeeze another trip in before winter hits! Have fun!

Old 09-30-2019, 06:32 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,455,120 times
Great ideas, momma4ever. I wish my wife and I knew about those things when we lived in Forks in '83-'84.

Old 09-30-2019, 09:56 PM

3,055 posts, read 2,177,704 times
Thank you so much, momma4ever!

Old 10-01-2019, 09:32 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,455,120 times
In addition, there is a small restaurant and cabins to rent at a place called the Three Rivers Resort and Guide Service. The address is actually in Forks, WA. We went there and my wife and I both enjoyed a hamburger with beef and elk mixed together. The elk was hunted from right there on the Olympic Peninsula. Not sure where the beef was from but it remains one of the very best burgers I've ever tasted. Look them up on the net if you're gonna be anywhere near Forks for a great meal - you won't be disappointed!

Oh, the countryside is beautiful over there. We did hike those hikes you mentioned at Ruby Beach and Second Beach near LaPush, momma4evr. They are must-do's for anyone visiting the Pacific Ocean at Olympic National Park. I will never forget the beauty of the place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington