Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2020, 08:10 PM

335 posts, read 421,772 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
Instead, it's the argument of turning a blind eye to federal law.
So? Just like immigration: if the feds want to enforce their law, let them. States shouldn't do the federal government's job for them, especially when the federal government is completely dysfunctional and on the take.

War on drugs has been a disaster. Localities find that they get better cooperation from their communities and thus safer communities when they don't enforce federal immigration law. These things make sense, but our Congress is about 50 years behind the times, and corrupt as can be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2020, 05:34 PM

1,515 posts, read 1,525,830 times
Travis t ( like it matters) You are sure I'm not an attorney? Would you place your money where your mouth is?

https://www.avvo.com/attorneys/79902...er-137736.html

Now show us your educational background.

Old 02-12-2020, 12:18 AM

1,663 posts, read 876,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pahn View Post
So? Just like immigration: if the feds want to enforce their law, let them. States shouldn't do the federal government's job for them, especially when the federal government is completely dysfunctional and on the take.
Making a phone call or sending an email isn't doing the federal government's job for them, nor is allowing ICE access to local jails to speak to suspected illegal aliens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pahn View Post
War on drugs has been a disaster. Localities find that they get better cooperation from their communities and thus safer communities when they don't enforce federal immigration law. These things make sense, but our Congress is about 50 years behind the times, and corrupt as can be.
It might make sense if it was true, but it isn't. How are these communities safer?

Despite being a convicted felon and being deported 20 times before and an ICE detainer request, Portland police released an illegal alien who then assaulted and raped a 65 year old woman and stole her car. He then assaulted and tried to kidnap another woman before being caught by police.
https://www.kgw.com/article/news/man.../283-459231264

A wheelchair bound woman in White Center was raped twice by an illegal alien, who after being released from King County jail, went back to the woman's home and tried to kill her.
https://mynorthwest.com/1423857/dori...vor-assaulted/

A six time deported illegal alien with three DUI's was released from a Colorado jail without notifying ICE after being arrested for DUI number four. Two days later he killed a Denver woman in a hit and run.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...other-six.html

In a six week period in 2019, Montgomery County Md arrested 7 illegal aliens, six of them for rape and'or sexual assault of a child. Montgomery is a "sanctuary" county.
https://wjla.com/news/local/man-rape-15-year-old-md-girl-suspect-repeat-immigration-violator

And here are 7 more cases where ICE detainers were ignored and the criminal alien went on to commit crimes from murder to sexual assault of a dog.
https://www.ice.gov/news/releases/co...rvey-target-id

There are thousands of cases of murder, rape, assault, killing people while driving drunk, and other violent crimes by illegal aliens. The only thing these "sanctuary's" protect is criminals.

Old 02-12-2020, 08:02 AM

1,495 posts, read 1,672,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dozerbear View Post
It might make sense if it was true, but it isn't. How are these communities safer?
If someone commits a crime against you, or you know someone who has committed a crime against someone else, would you go to the police if you knew that you would be deported for helping to catch the criminal? Being able to report criminals without that fear is what has made the communities safer.

Old 02-14-2020, 02:27 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,010,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkcarguy View Post
I'm not a fan of the legalizing of marijuana, but there isn't anything in the constitution that says people have no right to smoke a joint last time I checked. There is, however, the right to bear arms, the right and duty to throw off tyrannical gov't, and that we are not to be denied life, liberty, or property without due process.

When unconstitutional gun laws are passed (portions of I-1639, and now they are trying to modify the legislation to further expand the infringements), that violates our 2A rights and seeks to disarm the law abiding.
On the other end of things, we then have the two shooters in Seattle that were approaching 100 priors between the two of them, yet were still out in public and able to attain weapons.

When people jump through the hoops and are finally issued a building permit only to be told they can't now use their existing well water, that's the loss of property rights without due process.

These rights exist because "democracy" left unchecked, will have the 2 wolves voting to have the one sheep for dinner every time.
Of course there is nothing in the constitution "that says people have no right to smoke a joint." There is nothing in the constitution that says you can't drive 100 mph down I-5, or that you can't ride in a boat without a life-preserver vest. So that is not much of an argument.

I think we're actually on the same page here. Let's follow the constitution as written, and as agreed to (ratified).

Old 02-19-2020, 06:38 AM

615 posts, read 1,075,601 times
At the end of the day governments can get away with what the people are willing to let them get away with- it's cultural. If you want to live under a different government and culture then move.

Old 02-19-2020, 07:18 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlB328 View Post
At the end of the day governments can get away with what the people are willing to let them get away with- it's cultural. If you want to live under a different government and culture then move.
How about we work to change it to make it better?

Old 02-22-2020, 10:29 PM

5,281 posts, read 3,077,727 times
I like the Constitution.
In fact you could call me a constitutionalist and not be far off the mark
In my opinion the Framers should be proud.
They did a really good job with it and hats off to them.

Seems like a lot of special interest groups want to tweak it.
Me?
No thank you.

I find that “Mob” mentality is a rather scary thing as well as the latest fad thing that comes up.
Just leave the rights alone

I am ok with states having a say in how they run their house as long as it doesn’t change what the Framers wove.

On a personal note...
I can’t stand pot or pot heads but I can’t in good conscience refuse them that liberty for recreation use or if they are sick and need relief.
No way no how.
BTW, I find Marijuana Outlets to be an eye sore, but that is just me.
YMMV.

I could say that about at least a dozen other subjects but if you noticed I didn’t say “rights”.
We have rights and by no means would I be ok with losing them.

Liberties in my unworthy and uneducated opinion can be dealt with on a state by state level and I am ok with that.

Ya don’t wanna sell booze on Sunday?
It’s your call and I am good with that.
It is a liberty thing in my Opinion.

Ya wanna take away my firearms?
No way. No how.
It’s a right I actually own.

Ya probably don’t want to hear what this legal immigrant has to say about illegal immigrants but hey that is for another day .

All the best.
Andy.

Old 02-24-2020, 08:05 AM

1,515 posts, read 1,525,830 times
Travis T -- You ,made a big deal about challenging my credentials as an attorney so when I responded above with the link to my license you just pretended it wasn't there and continued with your ignorant legal assertions- even though I asked your credentials. Keep hiding

States have rights to do all sorts of legislation- Even the 1964 Civil Rights Act to be legal nationally had to use the Interstate Commerce Clause or that would have been "State's Rights " only.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington