Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2019, 08:20 PM

3,405 posts, read 2,703,185 times

Advertisements

https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/...s-responsible/

Sort of a cross post, but being some of the crimes noted in this article took place in Washington state I think it should be posted here.
Legislation is in the works to allow families that have lost loved ones at the hands of illegal criminals to sue sanctuary cities that released them.
I hope it passes, I think what is going on is completely ridiculous. Repeat offender illegal immigrants being released only to rape and kill again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2019, 05:12 PM

1,663 posts, read 866,909 times
Good! Victims of illegal aliens should also be allowed to sue the politicians directly if they release an alien with an ICE detainer who commits another crime. If they actually felt the effect of their virtue signaling I bet they would quickly rethink their sanctuary policies. Too many politicians in this state have blood on their hands.

Old 07-13-2019, 06:27 PM

6,031 posts, read 6,096,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkcarguy View Post
https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/...s-responsible/

Sort of a cross post, but being some of the crimes noted in this article took place in Washington state I think it should be posted here.
Legislation is in the works to allow families that have lost loved ones at the hands of illegal criminals to sue sanctuary cities that released them.
I hope it passes, I think what is going on is completely ridiculous. Repeat offender illegal immigrants being released only to rape and kill again.
Seems entirely relevant to me. I'm more interested they lift the spurious court orders stopping building of the wall. Walling off illegal aliens is a huge step forward in justice, by keeping them back in whatever scummy backwater they came from to solve their own problems, commit crimes, pillaging and murdering or whatever they're into. Don't like your government? gather a few hundred friends and effect change through the ballot box or whatever means necessary, back there. Don't bring it here.

Liability suits against cities like Seattle, SF, etc. would be an excellent step forward, too.

Old 07-15-2019, 02:25 PM

8 posts, read 6,080 times
Seems like this post could easily be about all victims of crimes who don't see justice. Right now I am thinking about the 1000s upon 1000s of rape kits that have been stockpiled instead of tested.

Old 07-21-2019, 09:12 AM

1,515 posts, read 1,505,459 times
Total ignorance. El Paso and San Diego, both border cities have high populations of undocumented immigrants and are safer than most places in Washington (GASP!) The conservative Cato Institute showed "illegals'"cause no more crime than others -even though they may be suffering economically.

Let me guess from both the writing and topic. RKCarguy and Dozerbear are 1. White 2. Have low educational attainment 3 Never met or had conversations with "illegals" 4 Are Trumpers
Its not enough to be white and uneducated anymore and hard-working immigrants will try harder to get jobs.

Providing data to a Trumper is useless, however this is easy enough for a high-school kid to read. https://www.safewise.com/blog/safest-metro-cities/

Old 07-21-2019, 10:38 AM

499 posts, read 467,192 times
The only state in the U.S. that keeps data on both arrests and convictions by immigration status is Texas--a conservative state. The data from Texas show that both legal and illegal immigrants have a lower arrest and conviction rates for violent crime than native-born Americans in Texas. The research has been carried out by several groups, including the Cato Institute, which has a conservative (though libertarian) bias. The article linked below from Cato concludes that on a percentage basis, there were 56 percent fewer criminal convictions of illegal immigrants than of native-born Americans in Texas during the year of the study (2015).

https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...-in-Texas.html

It's easy to scapegoat outsiders, but the real problem in the U.S. with respect to crime is from U.S. citizens.

Old 07-21-2019, 12:17 PM

8,289 posts, read 2,905,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestGuest View Post
Total ignorance. El Paso and San Diego, both border cities have high populations of undocumented immigrants and are safer than most places in Washington (GASP!) The conservative Cato Institute showed "illegals'"cause no more crime than others -even though they may be suffering economically.

Let me guess from both the writing and topic. RKCarguy and Dozerbear are 1. White 2. Have low educational attainment 3 Never met or had conversations with "illegals" 4 Are Trumpers
Its not enough to be white and uneducated anymore and hard-working immigrants will try harder to get jobs.

Providing data to a Trumper is useless, however this is easy enough for a high-school kid to read. https://www.safewise.com/blog/safest-metro-cities/
Every single illegal alien has committed a crime. They are all criminals. Deport them all ASAP. It's existing LAW. That and fine the F out of those that hire them. Secure the border properly. I'd also deport those that support illegals and prosecute any politician or law enforcement that doesn't abide by existing immigration law.

Illegal alien rate of violent crime is much higher then that of those that are here legally. You travel to another country you should respect and abide by their immigration laws as should those that travel to the U.S.

Do you understand the meaning of "illegal"?

Illegal aliens aren't "immigrants". Traitors don't care.

Old 07-21-2019, 10:50 PM

3,191 posts, read 2,453,272 times
Quote:

You are quite possibly making assumptions about those posters. And, the OP was talking about “illegal” aliens, not bonafide legal immigrants.

Old 07-22-2019, 10:57 AM

32,518 posts, read 47,566,435 times
I don't see what the crime rate of an immigrant group overall has to do with deporting the undocumented aliens who commit violent crimes. The criminals are not good additions to our country and it is a legal and easy way to get them out of society: send them back to whatever country they originated in and let their country of origin deal with them and the expense of their incarceration and criminal damage.

Old 07-24-2019, 11:32 PM

1,663 posts, read 866,909 times
Quote:

El Paso doesn't even make the top 20 for illegal alien population, and San Diego is only 14th. But since you are cherry picking cities, fine. Chicago, which has 2.5 times more illegal aliens than San Diego, has a higher violent crime rate than any place in the state of Washington. Houston, with almost ten times the illegal alien population of El Paso, has a nearly identical violent crime rate as Chicago, i.e. more dangerous than anywhere in Washington (GASP!)

The Cato Institute is for the most part libertarian. Their immigration policies however, are nearly as far to the left as the modern democrat party's Wayback Machine

Cato states in that report that "illegal immigration incarceration rates are not well studied" and notes "limitations" in the data they used for the study.
Newer data has proven that Cato study to be wrong anyway.
A long term study of Arizona inmates shows that illegal aliens commit far more murders than their share of the population, had conviction rates five times higher for money laundering, kidnapping, and three times higher for drive by shootings. Those age 18 to 35 also showed a 250% higher crime rate than their share of the population would have predicted.
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...tive-born-stu/

June, 2019 data on Oregon prison inmates shows illegal aliens, despite being only 6.1% of the entire prison population, make up:

10.42% of "Sex Abuse" convicts.
17.4% of all rapists.
7.28% of all murderers.
9.29% of "Sodomy" convicts.
4.06% of assault convicts.
8.33% of drug busts.
9.23% of kidnappers.
3.04% of robbery convicts.
https://docfnc.wordpress.com/

And next time you decide to try to smear other posters you know nothing about, you might want to try to be accurate with the information you post. Might make you look a little less pathetic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
View detailed profiles of: