Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2020, 11:38 AM

82 posts, read 67,934 times

Advertisements

On Sunday, your governor went on Meet The Press to tout the measures being taken in Washington state against COVID19.

Once again the claim is made that the President called the whole coronavirus pandemic a hoax.

That claim is patently false and has been debunked.

Did Trump Call The Coronavirus A ‘Hoax’

What the President said is “They tried it over and over. They’d been doing it since you got in. It’s all turning. They lost. It’s all turning. Think of it. Think of it. And this is their new hoax.” referring to the Democrats attempt to undermine anything and everything this president does. The criticism of the Federal Governments coronavirus response is the Democrats new hoax; NOT THE PANDEMIC ITSELF.

You'd think a well renowned news organization like the Washington Monthly would have enough journalistic integrity to tell it straight. But they cherry pick quotes and make up the story as they wish also.

Trump’s Coronavirus Comments Endanger Millions of Americans

How can the average American citizen rely on news sources (right and left leaning) when the won't report the facts but inject bias into all their reporting? Actually twisting the truth to support their ideology instead.

Mr. Governor. There are enough REAL issues in the world that need fixing without making stuff up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2020, 12:00 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,655,544 times
Since Washington state was the first state to be hit and has been battling this longer than any other state, requested 1,000 ventilators from federal, received 500 which could not be used but is sending 400 of them to New York to be applied toward non-Covid patients and is one of the first states to lockdown, I will simply show what Trump and his Fox minions were saying while this was going on. Inslee is battle ready for this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ature=emb_logo

Old 04-06-2020, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Since Washington state was the first state to be hit and has been battling this longer than any other state, requested 1,000 ventilators from federal, received 500 which could not be used but is sending 400 of them to New York to be applied toward non-Covid patients and is one of the first states to lockdown, I will simply show what Trump and his Fox minions were saying while this was going on. Inslee is battle ready for this.

Still makes the Gov either misinformed or a liar. We're talking about what Governor Inslee said about the President, not Fox news. I watched the whole video. Um, nowhere did the video support or debunk my claim. Not relevant to topic I posted.

Old 04-06-2020, 12:18 PM

102,115 posts, read 107,301,106 times
Quote:

IOW, "federal" doesn't know what type of ventilators are needed? REALLY??! How is that possible?! Are they not aware we are in AN EMERGENCY??!!

This boggles the mind.

Old 04-06-2020, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuffaar View Post
Still makes the Gov either misinformed or a liar. We're talking about what Governor Inslee said about the President, not Fox news. I watched the whole video. Um, nowhere did the video support or debunk my claim. Not relevant to topic I posted.
Actually, you did cite the media:

"You'd think a well renowned news organization like the Washington Monthly would have enough journalistic integrity to tell it straight. But they cherry pick quotes and make up the story as they wish also."

As for Trump quotes:

1/24: "We have it totally under control. It's one person coming in from China. We have it under control. It's going to be just fine."
2/23: "We're very much involved. We're very — very cognizant of everything going on. We have it very much under control in this country,"
2/24: "The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA"
2/26: "when you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done,"
2/27: "It's going to disappear. One day it's like a miracle, it will disappear,"
2/29: "Everything is really under control."
2/29: "We've taken the most aggressive actions to confront the coronavirus. They are the most aggressive taken by any country
3/6: "Anybody that wants a test can get a test"
3/24: "I think Easter Sunday — you'll have packed churches all over our country."
4/3: "I said it was going away - and it is going away."

By the way, he said numerous times that tests were available to anyone that wanted one WEEKS AGO. Lies.

Old 04-06-2020, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Actually, you did cite the media:

"You'd think a well renowned news organization like the Washington Monthly would have enough journalistic integrity to tell it straight. But they cherry pick quotes and make up the story as they wish also."

As for Trump quotes:

1/24: "We have it totally under control. It's one person coming in from China. We have it under control. It's going to be just fine."
2/23: "We're very much involved. We're very — very cognizant of everything going on. We have it very much under control in this country,"
2/24: "The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA"
2/26: "when you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done,"
2/27: "It's going to disappear. One day it's like a miracle, it will disappear,"
2/29: "Everything is really under control."
2/29: "We've taken the most aggressive actions to confront the coronavirus. They are the most aggressive taken by any country
3/6: "Anybody that wants a test can get a test"
3/24: "I think Easter Sunday — you'll have packed churches all over our country."
4/3: "I said it was going away - and it is going away."

By the way, he said numerous times that tests were available to anyone that wanted one WEEKS AGO. Lies.
Sigh. AGAIN. I'm not talking about other things that the President has said. Please try to stay on topic. I'm referring to Governor Inslee not doing his own homework or straight up lying about what the President has said. If your going to sling mud back at me, try to stay on the subject of whether President Trump called the current pandemic a hoax. That's the topic. Not the other crap he's said.

The Washington Monthly article was on topic.

Old 04-06-2020, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Sigh. AGAIN. I'm not talking about other things that the President has said. Please try to stay on topic. I'm referring to Governor Inslee not doing his own homework or straight up lying about what the President has said. If your going to sling mud back at me, try to stay on the subject of whether President Trump called the current pandemic a hoax. That's the topic. Not the other crap he's said.

The Washington Monthly article was on topic.
MY governor, requested 1,000 ventilators. He received 500 and they don't even work for Covid. They don't have enough pressure. We've seen this across the U.S. where Trump shows preference to red states, sending them more equipment than they request, and short-changing blue states. MY governor also said this on Meet the Press Sunday:

"...the surgeon general alluded to Pearl Harbor,” Inslee said on Meet The Press on Sunday. “Can you imagine if Franklin Delano Roosevelt said, ‘I’ll be right behind you, Connecticut. Good luck building those battleships.’”

Washington sending over 400 ventilators for non-coronavirus patients to New York, harder hit states
https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...er-hit-states/

Inslee has been dealing with Covid longer than any other U.S. governor. He's been dealing with it longer than Trump. He's had to blaze his own trails because there were no trails.

Old 04-06-2020, 01:30 PM

Quote:
MY governor, requested 1,000 ventilators. He received 500 and they don't even work for Covid. They don't have enough pressure. We've seen this across the U.S. where Trump shows preference to red states, sending them more equipment than they request, and short-changing blue states. MY governor also said this on Meet the Press Sunday:

"...the surgeon general alluded to Pearl Harbor,” Inslee said on Meet The Press on Sunday. “Can you imagine if Franklin Delano Roosevelt said, ‘I’ll be right behind you, Connecticut. Good luck building those battleships.’”

Washington sending over 400 ventilators for non-coronavirus patients to New York, harder hit states
https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...er-hit-states/

Inslee has been dealing with Covid longer than any other U.S. governor. He's been dealing with it longer than Trump. He's had to blaze his own trails because there were no trails.
How is misrepresenting (or lying) about what the President said blazing his own trail? And once again, sir, you are not even discussing my original post.

Is that all you have? Your trying to defend the indefensible with off-topic items. Trump put's his foot in his mouth enough without making stuff up.

So what I hear you saying is that it's OK to lie as long as it meet's your agenda? Because he hasn't provided the support you think you deserve it's alright to make stuff up?

If you want to ***** about the lack of supplies/support from the federal government, stuff this in your pipe and smoke it.

Obama administration depletes stockpile of N95 masks and doesn't replace

I guess since you don't have any on-topic rebuttal, next will be ad hominem attacks?

Let's call out ALL politicians when they don't tell us the truth. Not just the ones from the opposing party! Frankly, damn near all of them seem to be liars.

Old 04-06-2020, 03:58 PM

17,199 posts, read 12,078,194 times
Quote:
On Sunday, your governor went on Meet The Press to tout the measures being taken in Washington state against COVID19.

Once again the claim is made that the President called the whole coronavirus pandemic a hoax.

That claim is patently false and has been debunked.

Did Trump Call The Coronavirus A ‘Hoax’

What the President said is “They tried it over and over. They’d been doing it since you got in. It’s all turning. They lost. It’s all turning. Think of it. Think of it. And this is their new hoax.” referring to the Democrats attempt to undermine anything and everything this president does. The criticism of the Federal Governments coronavirus response is the Democrats new hoax; NOT THE PANDEMIC ITSELF.
If he was referring to the criticism of the response by Democrats as the hoax, what exactly was 'hoaxy' about that? Pretty much everything has proven out as valid criticism.

Trump's quote looks bad either way.

Old 04-06-2020, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
If he was referring to the criticism of the response by Democrats as the hoax, what exactly was 'hoaxy' about that? Pretty much everything has proven out as valid criticism.

Trump's quote looks bad either way.
Everyone seems to be missing the point. I'm using your governor as an example of politicians that either misrepresent the truth or don't know what they're talking about when they run their mouths!

It's not about defending Trump. The republicans did the same thing to Obama when he was president.

Shouldn't we expect MORE from our elected officials? Shouldn't democrats hold their elected officials accountable as well? Trump runs his mouth about things all the time that he doesn't know or understand. He is constantly changing his story as the situation evolves. Part of that, I believe is him being a salesman and not a politician.

I just don't think anyone of them should get a pass on not telling the truth!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington