Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2020, 10:48 PM

1,195 posts, read 984,525 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
Japan puts the lie to the whole thing, I agree. Country of 126 million people and they have counted less than 1000 Covid deaths last I heard a couple days ago. Compared to China they have little reason to fudge anything to the US or the rest of the world.
China just outright quit counting the cases, yet officially the US has the most confirmed. There's an untold story beyond the case total of any given country because not all cases are counted the same. The full picture becomes even more complicated with most cases having no symptoms. Theoretically someone can be healthy enough to fight off the virus and still be counted as a carrier of covid19. The tests are bogus which is why I would never voluntarily take one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2020, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grega94 View Post
Why do you keep bringing up the flue when you already proved that Covid is more dangerous than the seasonal flue? Furthermore I would’ve thought you are old enough to remember the success of the polio vaccine? Now don’t get me wrong, I don’t think this vaccine will eradicate this virus in a matter of months, nor do I think we should place all our bets on the vaccine solving this epidemic. I also don’t think masks will completely stop the spread, but it will slow it down making the crisis more manageable, and no I don’t think we need to completely shut down the economy again, many countries such as South Korea have proven you can do both. Also I do think that the best long term plan is for the virus to spread amongst the general population so that we do get heard immunity, but before we do that the doctors need to come up with even more effective treatments, (Just because a lot of people survive doesn’t mean they’re lungs are not permanently scared) otherwise you might as well just round up all the old and sick people and kill them now. Try to be a little bit more companionate, I’m sure if it was you or a loved one who was in the ER with Covid you would have a different outlook, just because you are not impacted doesn’t mean others are not. Even if 1% of people die, that is still going to be 3 million dead, I don’t know about you, but that’s a pretty selfish sacrifice to make just so that you can go shopping at Costco without a mask.
The period when we had a shortage of masks and ventilators etc is long over. The TP is now stocked and the hospitals are wide open for patients. I'm being compassionate about those who are economically suffering at a very disproportionately large rate opposed to covid19 victims. Hawaii's fatality rate is 1 per 100,000 of confirmed cases. Gyms are closed and weights are sold out.

The masks are hurting many people. Can't breath, can't hear each other, people are cross contaminating via their mask like never before. People are afraid to shake hands, using their elbow if that. It's fear and paranoia to the next level. Soon people will be recommended to wear masks in their home and the mentally ill people will do it. I'm happy to see many in stores not fully wearing their mask. I hope the state keeps pushing it's limits because it's about to backfire. Just wait until the unemployment bonuses run out, etc. People will demand to open the economy up. The boogie-man virus won't spook people for much longer.

Old 07-11-2020, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
I'm just annoyed people keep putting an "e" on the end of flu where it doesn't belong. Good grief.
These same people want to mandate masks and shut down schools and livelihoods. When someone opposes it they get censored like 2 of my messages on page 20. No sense of humor is allowed.

Old 07-11-2020, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dav51lin View Post
extremey poor handling i agree oh poor me attitude instead of were all in this together help each other care about each other sad statement on america
Not completely true. The data just isn't compelling enough to shut everything down. The first month or less I could understand, but we innately knew it would be longer, just because nobody wants to work and the establishment is corrupt and lazy enough to keep things closed and print money to make up for it.

Of those confirmed to have covid19 in Washington, 19 per 100,000 have died. I'm sorry but that is a tiny number.
https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2020...aps-and-cases/

I'm relieved and happy that it's tiny. Now it's time to open everything up again. The cases are obviously not serious with such a low fatality rate. Meanwhile California is letting loose 1000's of felons.

Homeless lives matter!

Old 07-12-2020, 03:14 AM

5,699 posts, read 4,920,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kynight View Post
The period when we had a shortage of masks and ventilators etc is long over. The TP is now stocked and the hospitals are wide open for patients. I'm being compassionate about those who are economically suffering at a very disproportionately large rate opposed to covid19 victims. Hawaii's fatality rate is 1 per 100,000 of confirmed cases. Gyms are closed and weights are sold out.

The masks are hurting many people. Can't breath, can't hear each other, people are cross contaminating via their mask like never before. People are afraid to shake hands, using their elbow if that. It's fear and paranoia to the next level. Soon people will be recommended to wear masks in their home and the mentally ill people will do it. I'm happy to see many in stores not fully wearing their mask. I hope the state keeps pushing it's limits because it's about to backfire. Just wait until the unemployment bonuses run out, etc. People will demand to open the economy up. The boogie-man virus won't spook people for much longer.
If anyone is panicking I think it is you. Nobody is forcing you to wear a mask in your home, where are you getting these crazy ideas? And last time I checked the economy is opening up, obviously not as fast as you want it to be, but as of yet we are not shutting back down, but we will if a bunch of politically divisive people such as your self are going to throw a tantrum over wearing a mask, let me guess do you also think that the vaccine is the mark of the beast.

Old 07-12-2020, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grega94 View Post
If anyone is panicking I think it is you. Nobody is forcing you to wear a mask in your home, where are you getting these crazy ideas? And last time I checked the economy is opening up, obviously not as fast as you want it to be, but as of yet we are not shutting back down, but we will if a bunch of politically divisive people such as your self are going to throw a tantrum over wearing a mask, let me guess do you also think that the vaccine is the mark of the beast.
Several million people lost their jobs for no good reason and I'm panicking? The job losses are still coming in by the millions, ever pay attention to weekly UIs filed? I think you're just asleep. You can watch a tsunami 1000 ft high approach the shore and just watch it thinking it will go away when the momentum is already in motion. States will shut down again, ever heard of the 2nd wave? Many people are anticipating it and secretly hoping for it. It already happened and will happen again as nothing has been solved. People aren't going to take the vaccine, which is the excuse to keep things shut. Vaccine is the mark of control if it's enforced. If someone can force u to take a shot they can force u to do anything.

Old 07-12-2020, 11:54 AM

5 posts, read 32,762 times
I wore a mask on the first day of the governor's "order" and was so mad at myself that I vowed, "Never again!". Haven't worn one since and don't plan on it. No one has said a word yet but I am prepared to have the conversation.

i have come to the conclusion that wearing a crud collector on my face is a bad idea. I think Fauci's advice in March was spot-on and that is what I follow to this day because it makes sense to me. If you remember, he said that they were appropriate for healthcare settings, and asked that the general public not buy them because that is where the stock was actually needed. He also added - and this part is ALWAYS left out - that they could actually be harmful if worn incorrectly, which I think we would virtually all agree is the case with the public at large. I constantly see people adjusting them, and pulling them down for a breath of fresh air when they sense that it is safe to do so without risk of being scolded.

I have heard the analogy that wearing a mask is like putting up a chain-link fence to keep mosquitos out of your yard. I find that to be an apt description. If you want to walk around with a bacteria incubating crud collector on your face because Jay Inslee told you that you have to, by all means do so.. As for me, I will continue to live and breathe free.

Last edited by Yuk_Foo; 07-12-2020 at 12:14 PM..

Old 07-12-2020, 12:11 PM

5,699 posts, read 4,920,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kynight View Post
Several million people lost their jobs for no good reason and I'm panicking? The job losses are still coming in by the millions, ever pay attention to weekly UIs filed? I think you're just asleep. You can watch a tsunami 1000 ft high approach the shore and just watch it thinking it will go away when the momentum is already in motion. States will shut down again, ever heard of the 2nd wave? Many people are anticipating it and secretly hoping for it. It already happened and will happen again as nothing has been solved. People aren't going to take the vaccine, which is the excuse to keep things shut. Vaccine is the mark of control if it's enforced. If someone can force u to take a shot they can force u to do anything.
Okay fine, if you want a long bumpy road then go ahead and don’t wear the mask and try to convince everyone else. I’m just stating in the end we want the same thing, opening up the economy and going back to the way things were (or at least as close to it), and the fastest way of doing that is everyone tries to be considerate and wears a mask when out in public, it’s one of the most simplest solutions proposed.

Old 07-12-2020, 05:27 PM

1,066 posts, read 891,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuk_Foo View Post
I wore a mask on the first day of the governor's "order" and was so mad at myself that I vowed, "Never again!". Haven't worn one since and don't plan on it. No one has said a word yet but I am prepared to have the conversation.

i have come to the conclusion that wearing a crud collector on my face is a bad idea. I think Fauci's advice in March was spot-on and that is what I follow to this day because it makes sense to me. If you remember, he said that they were appropriate for healthcare settings, and asked that the general public not buy them because that is where the stock was actually needed. He also added - and this part is ALWAYS left out - that they could actually be harmful if worn incorrectly, which I think we would virtually all agree is the case with the public at large. I constantly see people adjusting them, and pulling them down for a breath of fresh air when they sense that it is safe to do so without risk of being scolded.

I have heard the analogy that wearing a mask is like putting up a chain-link fence to keep mosquitos out of your yard. I find that to be an apt description. If you want to walk around with a bacteria incubating crud collector on your face because Jay Inslee told you that you have to, by all means do so.. As for me, I will continue to live and breathe free.
So why do you believe Fauci's advice changed?

I'm surprised surgeons wear those bacteria incubating things all day and haven't been dying for decades! Maybe they have been, better investigate.

Old 07-12-2020, 08:43 PM

334 posts, read 420,925 times
Masks aren't to protect you. It's to keep your spit droplets relatively contained to a small area around you, rather than shooting them out 6+ feet. If it was a seatbelt-style issue, I'd say let people do what they want; they're only hurting themselves. But that's not the case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington