Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2020, 12:31 AM

256 posts, read 114,285 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfdog View Post
Like a businessman who was never a politician or lawyer? Precisely why I will vote for him again.
And tell us how Obama was qualified to be POTUS.
He's a Harvard Law School graduate specializing in Constitutional Law and was President of the Harvard Law Review. He was a state senator for 7 years and a National Senator for 3 years.

While he wasn't as experienced as some candidates, he graduated from one of the best law schools in the country (maybe the best) and had about 10 years of political experience when he was elected.

Trump never even went to grad school, and most businesses he's run himself have failed. In short, he has no political experience and he's a mostly failed businessperson.

Obama was far from perfect, but infinitely more well-qualified to be POTUS than a racist shyster.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2020, 01:09 AM

1,195 posts, read 985,843 times
Obama was very qualified in the conventional sense, enough to run and win. Trump filed bankruptcy but that's what businessmen do, they try all sorts of ventures and risks and end up a billionaire.

Didn't Trump get a graduate degree?

In my opinion the common man should be able to run and win the presidency. Of course they will have to sell themself and why they can do the job. Politics was never intended to be a lifelong career, but it is which is why we end up with a swamp of animals who are all sell-outs because they been in so long and have dirt on them, unless they play the game and sell out Americans.

Old 10-06-2020, 11:07 AM

256 posts, read 114,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kynight View Post
Obama was very qualified in the conventional sense, enough to run and win. Trump filed bankruptcy but that's what businessmen do, they try all sorts of ventures and risks and end up a billionaire.
You state a number of fallacies about Trump. First, he inherited about $400 million from his parents. If he had even a basic understanding of investing he never would've had to work again. If, say, he'd invested his money in total market stock and bond index funds it would've appreciated at least a few million dollars every year so he could've just lived off that without touching the principle.

Second, if you read the information about his taxes and business history, almost every business he ran himself failed miserably. He's made money by licensing his name and image to others so they can use it for marketing. In other words, he sells image and fantasy rather than having a practical understanding of running businesses.

Third, Trump appears to have greatly exaggerated his net worth with dubious tax and business practices. And again, he typically makes money by letting other people market and sell a fictitious image of him rather than actually operating businesses successful the way people like Bill Gates have. In short, he's a con-man.

Old 10-06-2020, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogaKoga View Post
You state a number of fallacies about Trump. First, he inherited about $400 million from his parents. If he had even a basic understanding of investing he never would've had to work again. If, say, he'd invested his money in total market stock and bond index funds it would've appreciated at least a few million dollars every year so he could've just lived off that without touching the principle.

Second, if you read the information about his taxes and business history, almost every business he ran himself failed miserably. He's made money by licensing his name and image to others so they can use it for marketing. In other words, he sells image and fantasy rather than having a practical understanding of running businesses.

Third, Trump appears to have greatly exaggerated his net worth with dubious tax and business practices. And again, he typically makes money by letting other people market and sell a fictitious image of him rather than actually operating businesses successful the way people like Bill Gates have. In short, he's a con-man.
All irrelevant from what I said and also false. Bill Gates is the real con-man, first he created computer viruses and sold the solution, now he creates real viruses and sells the solution. I wish you people will go by your word and move to another country when Trump wins.

Old 10-06-2020, 08:27 PM

1,515 posts, read 1,525,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kynight View Post
All irrelevant from what I said and also false. Bill Gates is the real con-man, first he created computer viruses and sold the solution, now he creates real viruses and sells the solution. I wish you people will go by your word and move to another country when Trump wins.
The point I've made is that Trump supporters and generally less educated than others. You demonstrate that with each post.

Why not take a remedial English class? I know you like it when people make fun of you, but really you should respect our language.

In 3rd Grade we learn -one thought, one sentence. We pay taxes for your education.

If you Google "Trump speaks at a 4th Grade Level" you see why you like him. Try it.

Do you really think anyone - except the extremely uneducated- cares about your opinion?

Last edited by WestGuest; 10-06-2020 at 08:47 PM..

Old 10-06-2020, 09:13 PM

1,889 posts, read 2,199,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestGuest View Post
The point I've made is that Trump supporters and generally less educated than others. You demonstrate that with each post.

Why not take a remedial English class? I know you like it when people make fun of you, but really you should respect our language.

In 3rd Grade we learn -one thought, one sentence. We pay taxes for your education.

If you Google "Trump speaks at a 4th Grade Level" you see why you like him. Try it.

Do you really think anyone - except the extremely uneducated- cares about your opinion?

You seem to...

Last edited by thatguy950; 10-06-2020 at 09:24 PM..

Old 10-06-2020, 09:48 PM

3,661 posts, read 2,945,273 times
Lol, westguest got toasted.

Old 10-06-2020, 10:41 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,877,334 times
No west guess is correct. Not toasted. Trump is the worst President in history. He is an egomaniac that is dangerous to our survival as a country.

Old 10-07-2020, 12:36 AM

3,661 posts, read 2,945,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwguy2 View Post
No west guess is correct. Not toasted. Trump is the worst President in history. He is an egomaniac that is dangerous to our survival as a country.
How did you miss what I was referring to.

Old 10-07-2020, 01:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestGuest View Post

There's a saying you should study.

"Those who know, don't say. And those who say, don't know."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington