Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2021, 09:32 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,794,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
The majority of case of the Wuhan virus occurs in the lock down mode. Case in point long term care facilities. California is a good example of lock downs that isn't working with one of the highest number of new case in the US.
It's not that the lock downs don't work. They do. It's the people who let their guards down like having family gatherings for the holidays. I talked to a man yesterday that had it because he went into a neighbors house who had it and spread it to him and his wife. Too many people are still not doing the right thing.

Look at Italy. After they went into lock down they managed to stop one variant of Covid. The problem comes with opening up too early and allowing the virus to ramp up again. The virus mutates as all viruses do. Unfortunately, it's mutated into something even more contagious.

Allowing Covid to run through the country unchecked killing hundreds of thousands more, causing extensive collateral damage, and the complications that go along with the survivors of severe cases? It's simply not doable. Lock downs are far from ideal, but the vaccine is here and a few short months away from getting into our arms. Everyone I've talked to of my friends who work in health care have gotten the vaccine, and some are already on their second dose. There is hope, finally. We can't give up now.

Old 01-07-2021, 12:41 PM

85 posts, read 69,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDonkey View Post
Stop making specious arguments. 350,000 dead (35,000/month) does not lie.

What sort of math are you doing???

19,000 Americans have died of Covid in the first week of 2021 (and we haven't even finished the 7th day).

People, get it through your heads:

Your small business does not matter one iota when weighed against the impact of Covid.

Society doesn't, and shouldn't care about your plight - it's a non-issue.

Your old fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants lifestyle... in which you spent heavily on credit... and lived the good life for a few hours every week: gone (via your own doing, and not truly a Covid casualty).

The part you're supposed to figure out from all this... is that Covid is a relatively tame virus compared to what will arise at some point in the future.

Old 01-07-2021, 12:49 PM

9,182 posts, read 12,128,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheManFromGlad View Post

19,000 Americans have died of Covid in the first week of 2021 (and we haven't even finished the 7th day).

People, get it through your heads:

Your small business does not matter one iota when weighed against the impact of Covid.

Society doesn't, and shouldn't care about your plight - it's a non-issue.

Your old fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants lifestyle... in which you spent heavily on credit... and lived the good life for a few hours every week: gone (via your own doing, and not truly a Covid casualty).

The part you're supposed to figure out from all this... is that Covid is a relatively tame virus compared to what will arise at some point in the future.
Who said your opinion matters the most? And yes 350,000 divided by 10 months is 35,000. Simple math.

Old 01-08-2021, 06:53 PM

8,071 posts, read 8,365,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheManFromGlad View Post

It is telling that 35,000 deaths/month would be seen as trivializing.

350,000 / 10 months (Mar-Dec) = 35,000 avg deaths/month.

Those numbers are being exploded right now with our being on track for almost 86,000 Covid-19 deaths for Jan. 2021. If the current three-day average of 3,792 continues, we could be looking at 115,000 or more deaths for this month alone.

As I said, those numbers do not lie. It is the people who would trivialize them who are.

Old 01-09-2021, 02:24 PM

658 posts, read 1,336,229 times
This thread sure proves that loads of really ignorant people are still watching Fox News, or if they can read referencing their daily National Review article.

Old 01-09-2021, 10:03 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,746,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
The problem comes with opening up too early and allowing the virus to ramp up again.
And if we don't open up again, millions more would lose their jobs, lose their homes, get kicked out of their apartments, and lose money in their savings.

Old 01-10-2021, 11:09 AM

6,224 posts, read 3,408,894 times
This morning paper (PDN) reports that a forth person has died from the Virus on the peninsula, a person from Jefferson County that died in a Seattle hospital. But I was also reported that that person was 80 years old and enter the hospital for a condition unrelated to the virus.

My obviously question why was this person death counted as a Wuhan virus death. And how may other death actually were not virus related but counted as a virus death.
I heard some reports that traffic accidents deaths, suicides, and gun shots were being counted as long as the victim was confirmed to have the virus on autopsy.

I also heard that hospital can get more money from the government according to the number of virus deaths so they can possibly inflate the numbers.

Fact check agrees..
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...us/3000638001/
https://www.freedomfoundation.com/wa...vid-19-deaths/

Old 01-10-2021, 11:33 AM

8,071 posts, read 8,365,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevroqs View Post
And if we don't open up again, millions more would lose their jobs, lose their homes, get kicked out of their apartments, and lose money in their savings.
I believe Trump pushed for a premature reopening of the economy because it personally benefited him (and his companies) financially, when he knew perfectly well, as Bob Woodward's book clearly shows, that it would cost thousands upon thousands of American lives (and kill many of his own supporters).

Old 01-11-2021, 09:19 AM

527 posts, read 386,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDonkey View Post
I believe Trump pushed for a premature reopening of the economy because it personally benefited him (and his companies) financially, when he knew perfectly well, as Bob Woodward's book clearly shows, that it would cost thousands upon thousands of American lives (and kill many of his own supporters).
Got it.

Do you also believe it was a “science based approach” that marked liquor stores as essential businesses over churches?

And

That it was safe to shop at crowded Walmart’s versus small businesses?

I’m trying to understand if you really believe ALL of what the mainstream media has been pushing or just the parts related to destroying Trump

Old 01-11-2021, 10:41 AM

6,224 posts, read 3,408,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJguy1986 View Post
Got it.

Do you also believe it was a “science based approach” that marked liquor stores as essential businesses over churches?

And

That it was safe to shop at crowded Walmart’s versus small businesses?

I’m trying to understand if you really believe ALL of what the mainstream media has been pushing or just the parts related to destroying Trump

I agree and I am still wondering why marijuana shops are essential in my state. All they have to do according to our governor is sell food...I am guessing marijuana laced brownies and cookies are now considered essential food.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington