Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2022, 03:59 PM

92 posts, read 87,131 times

Advertisements

"Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine recipients had a mortality rate of 3.5 deaths after second dose.
The unvaccinated comparison group had a mortality rate of 11.1 deaths per 1,000 people per year."

Date on the booster 3rd injection is still coming with, with preliminary findings indicating the death rate for those boosted is 90% less than those who have had only two vaccine injections.

RESULTS
A total of 843,208 participants met the eligibility criteria, of whom 758,118 (90%) received the booster during the 54-day study period. Death due to Covid-19 occurred in 65 participants in the booster group (0.16 per 100,000 persons per day) and in 137 participants in the nonbooster group (2.98 per 100,000 persons per day). The adjusted hazard ratio for death due to Covid-19 in the booster group, as compared with the nonbooster group, was 0.10 (95% confidence interval, 0.07 to 0.14; P<0.001).

CONCLUSIONS
Participants who received a booster at least 5 months after a second dose of BNT162b2 had 90% lower mortality due to Covid-19 than participants who did not receive a booster."

Break this all down, and for every 100 patients who will die from Covid, 99 will have been unvaccinated, 1 will have, and likely suffered from unerlying conditions as did many of the unvaccinated.

When I was in the service, we all received a half dozen vaccines on our last week of boot camps, and not a single complaint was heard, because we were told 'these vaccines will protect you and your fellow soldiers."

And nothing has changed.

Old 01-06-2022, 05:42 PM

5,281 posts, read 3,072,220 times
I think the vaccine was extremely helpful for adults when it first came out.
Not really much to dispute there.
I never thought it was the correct path for children though.

I think your logic is flawed though.
Just how old is that information?
Does it count all the omicron deaths ?
Are you really saying that the omicron sniffles are a death sentence?
It’s kinda early to know much but it seems safer than a couple months ago.
Safe enough where we aren’t counting 99 unvaccinated deaths out of 100 deaths.
Did you really just say that?

I was a soldier as well and lots of things have changed.

Old 01-06-2022, 06:13 PM

1,369 posts, read 713,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechAndy View Post

I think there is a tendency to just throw away results from studies and demand answers about things that are just now happening. And not do enough in the meanwhile. Rinse and repeat.

You will NEVER have a study that tells you what the effect of a vaccine is today… because you’d need to start and end the study on the same day. How about a change in attitude where you start planning for tomorrow?

Months ago, we were arguing about Delta… and people were refusing to take vaccines or boosters, citing the lack of current studies. Now that those studies are reported, people are arguing about omicron. And refusing to take vaccines or boosters, citing the lack of current studies.

What’s your plan for if another variant comes out that has Delta’s fatality rate and omicron’s transmission? What happened to being proactive? Every time a new variant shows up, people complain that the prior actions didn’t ‘work’. Some of those same people refused to follow those guidelines, or actively undermined them ‘where can I go to eat where we don’t have to show vaccination proof?’ and ‘where can I go where I don’t need to wear a mask indoors?’

But then you make it political. As if Biden or Inslee promised you some magic future and has now tricked you.

We’re in a bad situation. We get through it by doing what’s proven to help. Not by railing at the perceived wrongs of the world.

Vaccinate, mask, social distance, boost. All these things are proven to help.

I wonder if the naysayers on here have ever played a sport? ‘Coach, what’s the point of me running the ball… one of these next plays, the other side may have a successful play, and you promised I’d win!’

Old 01-06-2022, 07:00 PM

5,281 posts, read 3,072,220 times
Sometimes the printed word doesn’t relay the intent properly.

I don’t believe we up to date on our info therefore most statistics are flawed for the current situation.
I was never mad or upset thinking that I was promised something because things do change and I get that.
Lots of people are frustrated by that but I’m not one of them.
I was and still am still frustrated by our policies though.
I will politely disagree with you on the booster shot for me anyways.
I did coach lacrosse for 7 years so I gotta be …..

I guess what I was trying to say is that things are changing, that we need to wait and maintain common sense rules that heavily include taking our physical health seriously.

At this point my plan is to,
Try to stay away from people.
Do my daily walk.
Try to eat properly.

That’s all I know that I can do.
Well maybe not get so wound up.

Old 01-06-2022, 07:20 PM

9,182 posts, read 12,122,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechAndy View Post

The media really wants to keep the fear alive.

Covid: Deadly Omicron should not be called mild, warns WHO

Old 01-06-2022, 07:24 PM

9,182 posts, read 12,122,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcos View Post
What’s your plan for if another variant comes out that has Delta’s fatality rate and omicron’s transmission?
This video explains why this is almost impossible. Very lethal viruses have very low transmission. That's why viruses like MERS and SARS never spread and never became worldwide pandemics.

Old 01-06-2022, 10:27 PM

1,369 posts, read 713,703 times
I understand it’s almost impossible. But it’s not impossible. Delta is more transmissible than Covid and there’s no data that it’s less lethal. It could have been slightly more lethal, or significantly more lethal.

You had said, a bit ago, that you remember something saying it was less lethal. I’m happy to be corrected, if you’ve managed to find it.

Anyway, in my role as NPR shill, here’s another very informative article. Honest, forthright, detailed. No slagging on political grounds and worth the 5 minute read.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...micron-variant

Old 01-07-2022, 08:10 AM

362 posts, read 589,308 times
ive heard all over internet that they get the shot but arent considered vaccinated until 14 days passed

anyone heard this?

evil times are here

Old 01-07-2022, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcos View Post
I understand it’s almost impossible. But it’s not impossible. Delta is more transmissible than Covid and there’s no data that it’s less lethal. It could have been slightly more lethal, or significantly more lethal.

You had said, a bit ago, that you remember something saying it was less lethal. I’m happy to be corrected, if you’ve managed to find it.

Anyway, in my role as NPR shill, here’s another very informative article. Honest, forthright, detailed. No slagging on political grounds and worth the 5 minute read.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...micron-variant

NPR -National pharmacy radio

Old 01-07-2022, 08:21 AM

most-doctors-and-hospitals-have-become-paid-assassins-of-the-state

https://www.garydbarnett.com/most-do...-of-the-state/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington