Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2022, 08:37 AM

1,472 posts, read 1,651,618 times

Advertisements

Did you actually read the "study"? It was just selective data mining of existing studies, performed by economists from a college vaguely connected to John Hopkins. The reason the regular media avoided it was because it was so bad, not scientific at all.

Old 02-07-2022, 10:33 AM

8,736 posts, read 8,614,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcos View Post
I care about masks because of all the scientific data that prove they work reduce the rate of spread. Guess what… no matter how ‘done’ people are with them, when there is a pandemic, we will need to use them in certain circumstances, and they will occasionally be mandated.

Life isn’t always what you want. Sometimes, we go through difficulties and we have to choose to do what’s right or just be ineffective.
Arcos, the media dictates that the time has come to change your mind and fully embrace a mask-free public.

[url]https://www.cnn.com/2022/02/07/us/new-jersey-governor-murphy-schools-mask-mandate/index.html[/url]

Particularly, pay attention to this paragraph:

Masks have been shown to help prevent the spread of Covid-19 in crowded indoor spaces. Still, they can be uncomfortable when worn for long periods of time and can hinder communication. In addition, although anyone can spread the virus to others, children and young people are at much lower risk of severe illness and death from the virus than older people -- particularly if they have been vaccinated.

It's crazy to me. CRAZY. As if masks haven't always been uncomfortable and bothersome? As if children and young people haven't always been at much lower risk of severe illness and death? As if vaccinated haven't been at much lower risk of severe illness and death?

Nope, nope, nope... well, maybe, but it was not okay to report this until.... democratic governors were ready for it to be reported. .

It was pointed out to me last week that even the liberal news is done with the experiment. I didn't believe it, but here I am finding evidence myself.

It appears to be over. Don't you see Arcos, it's time to let the masking go even in places like schools and grocery stores. Democratic governors are making the switch and CNN is signaling that it's time for you to make the switch too.

Just a matter of days before we see the same movement here. We probably lag a few weeks because Pacific costal liberals are the most extreme of all. But we'll get there soon too.

Old 02-07-2022, 10:52 AM

1,368 posts, read 705,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingsaucermom View Post
Arcos, the media dictates that the time has come to change your mind and fully embrace a mask-free public.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/02/07/us/ne...ate/index.html

Masks have been shown to help prevent the spread of Covid-19 in crowded indoor spaces. Still, they can be uncomfortable when worn for long periods of time and can hinder communication. In addition, although anyone can spread the virus to others, children and young people are at much lower risk of severe illness and death from the virus than older people -- particularly if they have been vaccinated.

It's crazy to me. CRAZY. As if masks haven't always been uncomfortable and bothersome? As if children and young people haven't always been at much lower risk of severe illness and death? As if vaccinated haven't been at much lower risk of severe illness and death?

Nope, nope, nope... well, maybe, but it was not okay to report this until.... democratic governors were ready for it to be reported. .

It was pointed out to me last week that even the liberal news is done with the experiment. I didn't believe it, but here I am finding evidence myself.

It appears to be over. Don't you see Arcos, it's time to let the masking go even in places like schools and grocery stores. Democratic governors are making the switch and CNN is signaling that it's time for you to make the switch too.

Just a matter of days before we see the same movement here. We probably lag a few weeks because Pacific costal liberals are the most extreme of all. But we'll get there soon too.
I’m ok with dropping the requirement for masking on a county by county basis, after serological studies have shown that that county has at least 90% resistance to Covid through a combination of vaccines and natural immunity.

And I don’t think small children should be masked in schools, as long as teachers are allowed to continue to mask, and are given free N95 masks.

And I’m also fine with masking being dropped once the rate of Covid (and spread) in a population has dropped below the level deemed to strain hospitals.

I don’t see that requiring masks in public locations is that big a deal. Amd I am grateful for the lives saved and the relative freedom gained for the vulnerable. I see it as a duty to help the older generation, to do what is possible against Covid. I have a lot of older relatives and I am disappointed by how easily they are dismissed in this discussion.

As to whether we are ready for a change… of course we are. Let’s hope Covid cooperates. Even if it doesn’t, our overall immunity as a population is building, as I said, and I hope we will keep being able to drop restrictions.

Old 02-07-2022, 10:59 AM

9,182 posts, read 12,060,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingsaucermom View Post

https://www.cnn.com/2022/02/07/us/ne...ate/index.html

So glad the narrative is changing. Things look hopeful. Now, they are saying natural immunity could protect for years!

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsan...ukgpiV3_VCsLuE

Old 02-07-2022, 11:04 AM

3,602 posts, read 2,861,306 times
When is the mask mandate and vaccine mandate up for review? or let's be honest auto renewal?

Old 02-07-2022, 11:11 AM

1,368 posts, read 705,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87112 View Post
When is the mask mandate and vaccine mandate up for review? or let's be honest auto renewal?
Ironically, asking about auto-renewal is dishonest and shows that you don’t understand how our health departments work and why they make the science based decisions that they do.

As we have discussed before, as more people are immunized or have had Covid, the disease has less of an impact on society, and we are able to get by with less restrictions.

Also ironically, the people who refused to get vaccinated and masked prolong the pandemic and thus prolong the restrictions that they so desperately wanted to have dropped. And end up with a higher death rate.

Old 02-07-2022, 11:18 AM

9,182 posts, read 12,060,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcos View Post
Also ironically, the people who refused to get vaccinated and masked prolong the pandemic and thus prolong the restrictions that they so desperately wanted to have dropped. And end up with a higher death rate.
I disagree. Countries with very high vaccination rates (85%+ two doses) still have a lot of restrictions. Western Australia with 93% fully vaccinated still has their borders closed and the police check if people wear masks for political (not health) reasons. If anything, these restrictions just prolonged the pandemic. Thank god for Omicron that will provide widespread immunity in a short period of time.

Old 02-07-2022, 11:28 AM

3,602 posts, read 2,861,306 times
Watch CA dump its mandates on the 15th. Governor Newsom is up for another term and knows it is political suicide to tell everyone to mask up again.

Old 02-07-2022, 11:31 AM

5,281 posts, read 3,002,307 times
Elections are coming.
That is when we will see the real magic (I mean science) of masks disappearing.

My kid is double vaccinated,alpha variant infected, boosted, tested positive on Saturday and is too sick to work today.
She also works in her own office away from others.

I’m double shot, double infected, spent the day in the car with her the day she tested positive.
My lack of the booster might classify me as unvaccinated shortly.

She did everything she was informed to do.
That booster shot did nothing for her.
After she gets over this bug she will have better antibodies.

So yes, I do believe we have been mislead.

I also have never heard that we should take personal responsibility for ourselves.
Not once did I hear that.
I just hear we need to do as we are told.
Sometimes it did sound a bit like “do as I say not as I do”.

Old 02-07-2022, 11:33 AM

8,736 posts, read 8,614,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87112 View Post
I don't think the mask mandate has a review, but the vaccine card mandate is supposed to be 6 months. It started mid October. So... mid April...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington